Fixing Classes That Dont Spawn With Certain Weapons

huskaii

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

I am suggesting that we fix the classes that dont spawn with their respective weapons. One of these classes include T3 SSO not getting the sks. It is also happening with the US Elite : Venal according to @Pluto It seems to be happening to random classes/weapons, so as of now im not sure of all the classes that have this bug. AFSOC Controller is also not getting its weapon, the M249

It seems to be happening to random classes/weapons, so as of now im not sure of all the classes that have this bug.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] 

Fixing the classes would give people a reason to use them, and would be giving the classes their correct weapons.

Additional Information: 

Example on SSO, only are given the sks-d and not the other sks.

2245AA7E539AAD259E43D7507FFC423F586BE96A

• 300 IQ 2
  • Agree 5

The jobs have the wrong weapon classes applied to their loadouts. This list is to make it easier and faster for Garnet to fix this without needing to do a ton of searching through files and folders or otherwise troubleshoot.

After some time looking at the class loadouts, I have a list of jobs using the wrong weapon classnames, sorted by weapon. This list might be incomplete, but this is the closest I can get by comparing the F4 menu's loadout list and the available weapons in the Weapons tab of the spawnmenu.

M249
Correct classname: "cw_m249_official" based on the weapon list in-game.
Affected class(es): 

• US AFSOC : Controller - currently using "cw_m249"

SR-338
Correct classname: "khr_sr338" based on the weapon list in-game. US AFSOC : Headhunter has this weapon with the proper classname.
Affected class(es): 

• US Elite : Venal - currently using "garnet_sr338" or "cw_sr338", don't remember
  • (CORRECT) US AFSOC : Headhunter - currently using "khr_sr338"

SKS
Correct classname: "garnet_simsks" based on the weapon list in-game. Russian Forces : Scout has this weapon with the proper classname, assuming that it's meant to be the same.
Affected class(es): 

• Russian SSO : Aegis - currently using "garnet_sks"
  • (CORRECT) Russian Forces : Scout - currently using "garnet_simsks"

While investigating this, I had also found some inconsistencies with class loadouts that I'm not sure have happened on purpose. For the "duplicated" weapons, I don't have the classes (or even feel the need) to compare the stats between the different versions.

1. All Elite classes use the "cw_deagle" version EXCEPT for 4. Russian Elite : GhillieUS Elite : Ghillie, US Elite Naillgunner, and Russian Elite : RPG use the "khr_deagle" version.

2. Russian Forces : Soldier and Russian Forces : Scout use the "garnet_ak74" version while Russian Forces : Officer and Russian Forces : Recruiter use the "garnet_ak74modifiable" version. This is only strange because the US equivalent, US Army : Scout, uses the "garnet_m4sopmod" like the US Army : General and US Army : Drill Instructor classes and not the "garnet_ar15" like the US Army : Soldier class.

3. Russian Spetsnaz (GRU) classes use the "garnet_makarovpm" version while the Russian Commando (PDSS) classes use the "garnet_makarov" version. I'm not sure if there is meant to be a difference in the two (as it seems most factions seem to have different sidearms). Both weapons have a similar print name.

4. Russian Elite : Prestige uses the "khr_cz858" and "khr_pkm" versions, while Russian Commando (PDSS), Vega Group : Enforcer, and Russian Elite : Bulldozer use the "garnet_cz858" and "garnet_pkm" versions, respectively.

5. Russian Elite : Prox uses the "cw_ppsh-41" version even though a "garnet_ppsh40" version exists(?)

Edited by Fier
Formatting, grammatical errors, consistentcy
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines