DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Sniper Ammendments

Pencil

Description: 3 main changes to Sniper Rifles to appease the general population while still reinforcing our attempts to not make snipers glass canons.

Change 1: Change Sniper Rifle movement speed decreases to match that of DMR's. That being a decrease of only 50 when being held.

Change 2: Add the 'PreventQuickScoping' stat to all sniper rifles.

Change 3: Addition OR removal of sway from all Sniper Rifles.

Reasoning: This would in theory benefit the server by bringing back players who had left because they felt snipers were too slow. In turn to this buff to snipers this will make being a glass canon roaming the streets not be as viable. The quickscope stat specifically makes a sniper have to wait a second before taking a shot. Lastly the topic of sway is one for debate in the community as it is seen as either being too annoying, or doing nothing at all.

Additional Information:

Change 1:

SWEP.SpeedDec = 50

Changed from a 100 speed decrease.

Change 2:

SWEP.PreventQuickScoping = true
SWEP.QuickScopeSpreadIncrease = 0.2
-- increase the SpreadIncrease stat to make more inaccurate.

Added within the same line below SWEP.ADSFireAnim

Change 3:

SWEP.AimBreathingEnabled = true
-- true if wanting athsmatic snipers, false if wanting NO sway.

Added in the same line below SWEP.ReticleInactivityPostFire

Last thing: One thing that I brought forward to Jake but I have retracted from this post is the increase of 50.bmg weapon damage to be 150 at a cost of being 10 movement speed slower than other snipers. I decided to retract this since this would only effect 300 hp classes and the Riot classes, while putting a faction like MARSOC at a disadvantage with a slower sniper. I'm putting this here though to see if anyone would be in favor of this change.

Edited by Pencil
video
  • Agree 8
35 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Last thing: One thing that I brought forward to Jake but I have retracted from this post is the increase of 50.bmg weapon damage to be 150 at a cost of being 10 movement speed slower than other snipers. I decided to retract this since this would only effect 300 hp classes and the Riot classes, while putting a faction like MARSOC at a disadvantage with a slower sniper. I'm putting this here though to see if anyone would be in favor of this change.

I believe this would be the best for both sides. I am in favor of that change.  

+1

I am going to agree with this. With the sniper nerf, a DMR has essentially taken it's place in my eyes. I like seeing the SWEP change in active that disables quick-scoping because I know that was a major issue with snipers. As @Dexx mentioned, snipers needed to be nerfed on the server, but not as heavily as they did.

• Agree 1

I think its a very good idea it will make snipers usable and the fact the we would be able to run with the sniper (even as slow as it would be) is a good idea and also the fact that you will not be able to quick-scope | very good suggestion | +1  

oh and 1 more thing as pencil said that there is a difference with the guns weight i think that you should be able to run faster with the mosin than the M82 since the mosin is much lighter. this may be more difficult to make but i think its a good idea to make different movement speed with the different snipers we have.     

Edited by Party
39 minutes ago, WeebMaster said:

Snipers are big ole beefy boys.

The Orsis weighs 14 pounds... Mosin weighs about 8-9. The 50-cal snipers weigh about 28-34 pounds fully chambered but for balance purposes it would most likely be best fit they share the same stats in regard to the other snipers.

39 minutes ago, WeebMaster said:

They should not be used for cqc and medium range combat.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:36 PM, Pencil said:

Change 2:

SWEP.PreventQuickScoping = true
SWEP.QuickScopeSpreadIncrease = 0.2
-- increase the SpreadIncrease stat to make more inaccurate.

40 minutes ago, WeebMaster said:

-1 | Snipers are big ole beefy boys. They should not be used for cqc and medium range combat.  

Who said that they were going to be used CQC? I’m pretty sure the point of this post is to take snipers from dog water to half decent. 

+1 
I agree with the changes proposed on this post so think that it won’t make snipers OP but actually make them viable again. Snipers should be as Dexx said stationary units but they got nerfed WAY to hard in my opinion. Snipers have been a huge issue on GG for a long time and I would understand why so many people would be in favor of completely making snipers useless because we all know that feeling of being merc’d by one out of nowhere but for the other half of the community that enjoy sniping and are leaving the server because of the huge sniper nerf so there needs to be a compromise. With the proposed changes I think that this would be a great compromise and wouldn’t affect new players or current players’ experience.

• Agree 1