DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Acer's Staff Application

acer

In-game name: Acer

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:150783532

Warns: 5 

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 75R 1SG Grenier has played for 766:55:07. (this is me)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Tuna, BLackprince, Python

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I was a Head Admin on a somewhat large MRP server around June of 2020, and was a Senior Moderator on an MRP server not long after that.

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I plan on benefitting the server by putting in as much time as possible into resolving issues that arise within the server. As a Trial Moderator, I figure that there probably isn't much that I can benefit server-wide, but that will very easily become a large part of my goal once I progress through the ranks. I aim to be as non-biased as possible when it comes to dealing with sits, and I think that I can do a great job when it comes to putting time into staff. I want to take as many sits as possible, and make sure that I contribute more than enough to the server at any given time. I would rather put time into staff than put time into doing nothing during peace time, and I think that I can do more than enough to help out. Staffing within servers is something that I have enjoyed throughout my time in Garry's Mod, and I'm surprised it's taken me this long to apply on this server. 

It must also be noted that personally I think that I can put in the amount of maturity needed in order to be staff. I'm going to assume that there will be a couple people who disagree with me becoming staff, and I just want to be clear that I will obviously conduct myself in a completely professional manner if I become staff, and any "messing around" will be no more. I genuinely just think that I can do a good job with helping the server out, and I want to do great things within the staff team. Being a Trial Moderator will be the first step within my journey, and I plan to make my journey long and meaningful. Like I said, I think that I can contribute a large amount to the server in the long run, and I genuinely want to help the server. There will be people who disagree with this staff application, whether it's for good reason or not, but I just want to state that when it comes to staffing on a server I conduct myself very seriously, whether anybody decides to believe me or not is their choice. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Back on Echo_fog I was banned for massrdm, but this was before non-malicious mass was a thing, and it should have been marked accidental given the circumstance. I was rather new within the server and was doing sims in base, this was with probably under 200 hours.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Whenever I'm on the server, which is very often considering I don't have much to do other than school. The only somewhat off limits time would be around 7-10am on Monday-Thursday. Other than that, I'm usually on the server. 

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

Neutral +/-

Honestly, I've known you for a long ass time. I don't think you are fit due to the countless interactions I've had with you. You are very hot headed at times, though it is more than likely a joke at times. I am willing to give you a chance, though, to see if your personality changes for the better. I believe you would be an amazing asset to the team if you were to shift to being less hot headed. Great amount of Play Time, good application, and you know the community well. I will wait to see what others say before making my final decision. So for now, it will stay Neutral.

• Agree 2

+1

Anytime I get on the server I see Acer in a TS channel talking to a group of people, and while it is funny when he starts malding, he does care about the server and has dedicated quite a lot of time to it. There may be some that will be skeptical of this application, but I believe that he will be able to step up to the role and do his part.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

-1 from me.

-Severely lacking in maturity, and not likely to change given how long its been an issue with you.

-Disrespectful and/or toxic in OOC. At least back when I was playing this was another problem I always saw with you. 

Its 5am and I just woke up, ill probably add to this later. But yeah its a -1 for me. You have tendencies and behaviors that remind me of some players that I'm just happy don't play anymore, and you don't seem to have much control over it giving how even in something as serious as tryouts you'd minge, break PTS, talk shit, etc etc.

Edited by Kendal
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3

I'm going to give you my +1, good paragraphs. I believe if you receive the T-Mod position that will show everyone how mature you are, and how much you care about the server. I've known you for a while now, and yes you can be a little toxic or a little immature. But I can tell when you are being serious and messing around. Also Kendal you haven't been on the server in like a couple months. You have no idea what he is doing at all. I think he would do a great job as a staff member. Good Luck! 🙂 

Edited by N4As
  • Like 1
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Hey Acer. Honestly I believe before applying, you should work on your image. This includes steering away from saying dumbshit in OOC (Which you like to do a lot) and just being more laid back especially in Teamspeak. But I believe if you work on your image a bit and reapply you'd make a good staff member and show how mature you can be. I believe You come off as toxic to a lot of new players who don't know you. So overall, work on your image, try to become less toxic before reapplying, and I believe in the future you'd make a good staff member and show your maturity. Good luck.

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, N4As said:

Also Kendal you haven't been on the server in like a couple months. You have no idea what he is doing at all.

Well Eli is still active, and essentially confirmed what I said. So for the couple months I haven't played, Acer still has the problems I saw when I was playing.

7 minutes ago, Kendal said:

Well Eli is still active, and essentially confirmed what I said. So for the couple months I haven't played, Acer still has the problems I saw when I was playing.

Yeah I don't really know where the "OOC bullshit" comes from, I don't even talk in OOC. The only time I ever touch OOC is when somebody directly talks to me, and for the "tryout minge" stuff that was when I wasn't actually playing the server consistently, I've put in 350+ hours into the server in the past month and 1/2, all that shit was before I was playing seriously. Not here to argue, but the only time I'm toxic is in teamspeak, and I completely own up to that, and it's something I need to change. It's something I plan on working my best at changing.

Edited by Acer
  • Creative 1
  • Friendly 1

I’m not gonna put -1 or +1 but I will say that the responses that I’m seeing is putting me for state of confusion.

Acer Some People think your extremely toxic and others think you can reform while being staff.

All I’m going to say of that toxic person can have a chance at being staff. What are we doing as staff team?

as for you acer you proven to be little toxic but you have dial it down in couple of days I’ll say maybe not right now but in the future if you keep up with not being toxic you get my +1 

no -1 or +1 as of right now

Edited by Dexx
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1

Alright -- hear me out on this one. In-game, Acer is different than in TS. When he wants to be serious about something, I have noticed he is. There is a reason that there is a T.mod rank, and that is to fully see the ability of one  when they get accepted. Although you can be toxic at times, to me it seems it is in a joking way 98.7% of the time. I also going to +1 because you have some solid paragraphs and it seems you have good intentions for the server. Good luck

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Okay, everyone hear me out as well. Although Acer has been known to be that one kid that malds more then anyone, the funny part is I mald as well 90% of the time. Considering that I was given the chance to become a staff member, knowing that I have such characteristics like Acer I believe he deserves a chance as well. For example I only mald in TS where Ik everyone in the channel meaning that they've already heard me mald. But, looking into serious scenarios/situations im sure everyone could agree that I can be super serious figuring out a situation. I believe Acer could also do the same as I improved drastically and was shown to be a good staff member. That is why I will +1 this, because since the community entrusted me with such position, I believe you deserve the same. Honestly good luck Acer I wish you the best my good old friend :).

Edited by Valor1
  • Agree 4

-1 | You are a great guy and all but like others have said. You lack maturity. Sometimes you dont know when to stop and it can be funny at times but becomes a problem at times as well. Sure joke around as normal but dont let it be a constant. 

• Disagree 1