Tage's staff application.

Tage

In-game name: Tage
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:567205559
Warns: I haven't had any.
Timezone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]:  | 2GA RFR POS Tage has played for 86:52:57.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes.
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]  Well nobody really recommended me to apply for staff. It was just a mind thinking process for me because I've been on this server for a good while I'd say. So yea, it just popped up in my mind to become a staff member.

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I haven't ever been staff on any other GMOD server. I have really been looking forward to become a staff member as garnet though, it is really fun to play on this server and I really enjoy it.

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I believe I can benefit this server by making it awesome, Such as making people stop Minging, failrp'ing and RDM and ETC. But I believe I can do that 100% without hesitating because I really want to prove that I'm fit for this part as being a staff member. I have been wanting to become a staff member on this server as soon as I started because I played 4 years ago on a different pc. It was a really long time ago but at that time, I was 11, I had never thought of becoming staff on there (Which I still couldn't because I was 11.) And yea, I just want to become staff on this server because I really enjoy it and I do help new people out if they have any questions.

I really like helping others out and just playing the server to begin with.  I just believe to myself that I can do a very good job at being apart of the community as staff.  But apart and the biggest reason why I want to become staff is because when I get on, no staff members are on except for a few. But they are AFK, I just mostly play the game talking to friends but then I get bored, I get RDM'ed a-lot, and the reason why I want to become staff is because I can stop the RDM'ers and ETC. Because I reported about 3-4 people that were MRDM'ing me and others. Nobody did anything to them, so thats a huge reason why I want to become apart of the staff team as-well.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details No, I have never been punished/banned on GG MRP. And I'm really glad about that because it proves/shows that I am a good person. But yet I'm still only 75 or over in this server. And I believe I wasn't EVER banned on my old pc 4 years ago. I really enjoyed the game then. But I have never been banned atleast, I don't know if I have been warned but probably so because I wasn't matured properly enough.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No, I haven't made any sort of staff application on GMOD or on this server or DarkRP. This is the first time ever making a staff application on this server/GMOD game. And I think this is a okay start for my very first staff application on GMOD/Garnet.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I would definitely give over  6 hours tops. Maybe more, But if I have school then probably 6-7 hours giving time to the staff role. But if I'm virtual school, I might give 9 hours on playing/working on the game. Well that's all I have to say, all I have left to say is thank you for reading and taking your time reading this. If I don't get accepted then I'll wait however long I have to wait and make another staff application. Have a good day! ❤️

-Tage's staff application.

Edited by woopp
Making the staff application better.
  • Disagree 1
  • Forums Moderator
1 hour ago, woopp said:

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I believe I can benefit this server by making it awesome, Such as making people stop Minging, failrp'ing and ETC. But I don't believe that I could do that but if it comes down to that then I'll 100% do that, because I really want to prove that I'm fit for this part as being a staff member. I have been wanting to become a staff member on this server as soon as I started because I played 4 years ago on a different pc. It was a really long time ago but at that time, I was 11. I had never thought of becoming staff on there (Which I still couldn't because I was 11.) And yea. I just want to become staff on this server because I really enjoy it and I do help new people out if they have any questions. I really like helping others out, its like a tradition to me 🙂

First of all this isn't 2 paragraphs. Also, this doesn't really show why we should pick you over other applicants. I'd recommend rewriting this whole portion. You're 15, you should know how to write adequate paragraphs. 

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: I have over 75 hours I believe.

Please give us your exact playtime. You can do so by doing "/playtime Tage" in chat and copy and pasting it into that section.

believe I can benefit this server by making it awesome, Such as making people stop Minging, failrp'ing and ETC. But I don't believe that I could do that but if it comes down to that then I'll 100% do that, 

This is not reassuring at all. You don't think you can stop minges? That is majority of what staff members do.

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] I wouldn't say they  recommended it to me but they encouraged me too apply. And their names are Hysteria Yuqi and Rust (Which is what their discord name is. Rust) Their IGN might be  1stSFODD OPT Xigbar

These people didn't refer you to apply. They simply directed you where you need to apply. I'd recommend taking these down. 

Now onto your in game behavior. You can be a bit mingey at times. I don't think you'd be a good fit for the staff team at all unless you change the whole way you behave in game. On top of that, I've never seen you in the TeamSpeak before. Hopping in TS and just talking with people is a great way for people to learn your name and just know who you are. Good luck man but I just don't see you as being a good fit for the staff team:

Edited by eli_
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1 

Of course, his behaviour could be improved upon at times - most of his flaws are arising whenever he gets bored. Might be something that will be changing once he is actually given something to do. Another reason why I am +1'ing this application is because the man definitely has the spirit for it and is really motivated. He's not really a big name within the community - not sure whether that is what the managers are solely looking for, but with the right guidance I'm pretty sure this can become something.

The application is kind of wonky - your writing skills could definitely use some more straightening. However, you can 'feel' that you are enthusiastic about becoming staff and you've showed that to me as well as of late. I do think that the trial period you will recieve once accepted can definitely form you into something that they can actually use. Make sure to keep following the rules and hang out with the community members more often to show yourself, give yourself presence within this community. 

If you get denied and you want to try again in the future, take @eli_'s feedback into consideration and improve on your in-game behaviour. You are a good person and you're cool to be around. You also have the correct mindset but you need to be an example at all times when you are accepted within the staff team. Make sure that you show them you are capable of doing that and you should be on thick ice next time.

Edited by McCormack
  • Like 1

Hey Tage

i think you’re a nice guy and you go out of your way for newer players. However, your hours on the server (while they make the minimum requirement) could be a bit higher. I would also think that if you join the team speak and get to know other members from both sides a bit more you could have a few more people look at your staff app and say “hey I know that guy, he’s pretty chill” and leave with a plus one. I do really like you but I’m going to have to leave this application with a -1 just so you can get to know the community a bit more.

good luck on this app and other apps that follow!

• Like 1

-1 for all the reasons said above by @eli_

On 2/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, woopp said:

It I get RDM'ed a-lot, and the reason why I want to become staff

This is what every staff member deals with. All members deal with people RDMing and minging. I don't feel like it is an actual valid reason to become staff if all you want to do is stop someone from killing you. Being a staff member is more than just dealing with some idiots that get on the server to wreck havoc. Also, I haven't seen you at all in TS, so I would like to see you get more involved with the community. Also, your application gets kind of repetitive. You go on to state multiple times about the fact that you want to be a staff member because either RDM, or because you've wanted to for 4 years. 1 last thing, you don't have 2 paragraphs where it is required. I would suggest that you go add that... Good Luck

Yay more applications to speak about..............

You're "paragraphs" suck cause they aren't paragraphs minimum of 3-4 sentences your punctuation needs improvement for sure  please fix the these things. I've never actually heard you talk in game before which is a little concerning. I've seen you on but never actually seen you do anything personally I think you should try to reach out and become more well know throughout the community before apply I don't care about your playtime, but it should be shown which I see you have fixed good job. Again become more well know I hardly know you and I've been playing a lot recently get to know more of your faction member's and the community before applying for staff I'd say try adding another 25 hours to your gameplay with getting to know the community and be more relatable to your faction, so that way people want to get to know you instead of you going to them. Also your reason for wanting to become staff is just stupid not strong enough and no one will take you seriously, also how much time your gonna offer to this role says a lot but if I have a staff member the is typing I'll lose my shit there is an in game mic for a reason FUCKING USE IT THANKS.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Ofc any staff application is always appreciated, however your staff app clearly lacks information as a whole. I see nothing that is different then what we already have meaning you wouldn't contribute anything new to the staff team. Not only that but based off the communities feedback im going to have to -1 for now. However, I would like to see how you respond to this feedback from everyone in the end seeing how you change for the better. Nonetheless Good luck!

Edited by Valor1
8 hours ago, Valor1 said:

Ofc any staff application is always appreciated, however your staff app clearly lacks information as a whole. I see nothing that is different then what we already have meaning you wouldn't contribute anything new to the staff team. Not only that but based off the communities feedback im going to have to -1 for now. However, I would like to see how you respond to this feedback from everyone in the end seeing how you change for the better. Nonetheless Good luck!

Hey, so I have gotten this a lot and I do understand that I need to improve on information on my staff app and improve on knowing the community more. I do enjoy getting feedback from others because it'll teach me of how to fix of what is needed to be fixed. So yea, thank you for the info and I will do what is needed.

• Friendly 1

I do not think youre a good fit for staff. You've been called out by me and other RU officers for not being active and sitting out during wars. Being a part of the staff team means helping leading the server when it's asked of you and you barely lead 2GA when as you're floating around PPS which is when you need to start showing leadership capabilities. 

1 hour ago, Salmon said:

I do not think youre a good fit for staff. You've been called out by me and other RU officers for not being active and sitting out during wars. Being a part of the staff team means helping leading the server when it's asked of you and you barely lead 2GA when as you're floating around PPS which is when you need to start showing leadership capabilities. 

Ok, I understand that. But how would I be able to "Lead" 2GA? I'm not even an officer yet.

4 minutes ago, woopp said:

But how would I be able to "Lead" 2GA? I'm not even an officer yet.

He doesn't mean lead 2GA in the sense a marshal or general would, but taking the initiative and helping new PVTs, like leading them in war and organizing them on an OBJ. Also, demonstrating you CAN be a leader and show potential is what he means, which qualities like this is essential for a staff member. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, woopp said:

Ok, I understand that. But how would I be able to "Lead" 2GA? I'm not even an officer yet.

As a PPS, SSP, or POS, you are on an evaluation period. You are the head of the enlisted, and you want to be a role model for them. Once it is proven that you have good leadership skills, you then are appointed to be an officer.

Edited by Yurri
  • Agree 1