Aparh's Gamemaster Application

Aparh

In-game name: SSO OPT Aparh

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:166093074

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 500 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | SSO JOPT Aparh has played for 1291:15:44.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Referral(s): None 

Past Experiences as GM: GarnetGaming SWRP GM 

Have you ever made any previous applications? If so, when?: No 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4 hours a day, excluding occasional weekends.

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:The responsibilities of a Game Master are pretty simple but very important to the success of the server. Game masters simply put have the role of helping supply well thought out and executed events and help bring more RP into the server. GM's Should also be constantly encouraging others to do Passive RP along with providing foundations and resources to do so. Game Masters need to be active, creative, and constantly listening to feedback. Along with the basic responsibilities of the Game Master, I feel they also have to be able to take in criticism from the community and use critical thinking skills to solve any problems that may arise during an event, or after an event. Game Masters are the Pillar of Roleplay on the server so they should act as such, especially in front of newer players.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: As a Part of the Game Masters team I would contribute to RP not only by helping host events and coming up with ideas, but also contributing to the Main server's RP. This includes making Kidnap scenarios/ Raid scenarios more in-depth and adding a little more meaning behind  them, this will excite newer players and push them to be more involved. Scenarios can always be created to allow players to engage in more fun activities but I feel I personally know the balance between overusing them and keeping them at the right level so they don't become repetitive. With using scenarios that may happen on its own in or outside of war I'll be able to use that in order to build better and different scenarios every time. I also believe with my knowledge of how the mechanics in PVP operates and the maps layout that it'll give me an advantage to planning out events. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:  Germany calls upon the UN to help settle rising tensions in Siberia, the United States most elite forces are sent in to help counter attack Russian Soldiers. The Objective is to push the aggressive Russian Soldiers far back into Ukraine. 

Layout of the Event: The map will be switched to Siberia for 48 hours, with this we have constant war/events going on with a peacetime interval very 2 wars. This allows for War, into an event or vice versa. With this map switch there will be an action packed weekend of constant fighting and battling to give those War Junkies the combat they want and the Role-players the Experience they crave. This event would require a large part of the staff team to be active and participating. 
Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:

1: Kidnap and Escape: The United States Special forces hear of a potential meeting somewhere around the Map between a Russian leader and a known terrorist. Their task is to stop the meeting and kidnap both the terrorist and Russian leader, but leave no alive soldiers. The US is to be flown in by the Air Force to make this a quick operation. Whether they'll succeed or not is up to them. There'll be consequences if they fail, or make a wrong move. (Combat and Roleplay)

2: Negotiations: Both the United States leader and the Russian Forces leader meet up with a man who goes by Robert Ulk, he has a lot of supplies and advantage points set up around the surrounding area that if any side could get, they'd have an advantage before the upcoming battles. The Goal of each side is to try to successfully negotiate and persuade the man to ally with them, only one side will get him. The side that wins the negotiations, will  have an advantage. Vehicles that they didn't have access too, and weapons that they didn't know exists. ( Roleplay, Preferably before a war time, need admin to spawn in vehicles/cool weapons for the "winning" side)

3:Infiltrate and extract: A Russian Spy is sent into the United States base undercover to try to gather as much information as possible by talking around with other US soldiers. He must try to find out the locations of the next Supply drop, so the Russians can stop it and steal the goods. If he succeeds and gains the trust of the only individual on the US side knowing this information, he can extract and Russia will succeed. For this event, you'll need two people. The Spy and the Person with the Info, give the spy with the info hints throughout the way. Give the Person with info No hints. Have AFSOC make a supply drop to the US at Cons, only then will everyone see IF RU found the information or not. (Roleplay, Combat maybe)

4.Rescue:  The United States got a distress call from citizens around the map, they must go around and rescue them and bring them back to base. They're all lost, the US must try to find them using their own search skills. In the Meanwhile, RU will also be patrolling them map, to see if they can get anyone to kidnap. If they successfully do kidnap, the United States must try to get them back alive.

5: This one isn't really Roleplay related, but a Competition to see which side can raid and last the longest inside the base. Both sides will have to set up a defense while the other side attacks. The side with the Longest time can win a Prize of some sort ( Up to GM).

( if there's any mistakes in the application that I may have missed just lmk) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is a tough one.

I remember you back when I was in MARSOC, and you were a pretty chill guy. You had a chill group of buds to shoot the shit with during peacetime. I think you’d make a great addition to the staff team and as a Game Master.

I will leave this application with a +1 because your intentions for the server are very clear and this application had a lot of thought out into it. I wish you the best of luck with this application.

Edit: After seeing your excitement for the past week, I’ve seen you taken the time out of your day to assist the staff team in events. You’ve been quite the help and we could definitely use someone like you on the roster!

Edited by Fonza
Further examination

Honestly, I believe you have a lot of potential, but you literally just got back what 1 to 3 days ago? I believe we need to see more of you as a whole to truly see if you have what it takes. For now -1 from me.

Edited by Valor1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Valor1 said:

Honestly, I believe you have a lot of potential, but you literally just got back what 1 to 3 days ago? I believe we need to see more of you as a whole to truly see if you have what it takes. For now -1 from me.

Hey, Thanks for the Feedback. I knew this would be a issue people would bring up. My rebuttal to that is from my understanding the GM team is very small ( correct me if im wrong) therefore they need as much help as then can get. I feel I’ve proven that I can be a competent player and GameMaster. Waiting time will only be more negative towards the server, the player base has spiked quite a bit recently so I’m hoping that with GM i can provide entertainment so they stay engaged and active along with the older players as well. My intentions are pretty clear cut here, and i’m sure many of you can see that.  

Thank you for the Feedback Valor ❤️ 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Aparh said:

Hey, Thanks for the Feedback. I knew this would be a issue people would bring up. My rebuttal to that is from my understanding the GM team is very small ( correct me if im wrong) therefore they need as much help as then can get. I feel I’ve proven that I can be a competent player and GameMaster. Waiting time will only be more negative towards the server, the player base has spiked quite a bit recently so I’m hoping that with GM i can provide entertainment so they stay engaged and active along with the older players as well. My intentions are pretty clear cut here, and i’m sure many of you can see that.  

Thank you for the Feedback Valor ❤️ 

While we need more GM's, granting people a rank after so little time is put into it usually doesn't end well. I'm going to lock this now and unlock it in 7 days, for that week try to be as active as possible, promote RP etc.

• Agree 1

So after a week of you being active and me doing some events with you its safe to say that i think you will be a good GM.

you have so many ideas and you are executing those ideas really good. if you get accepted i expect to see even more coming from you.

Good luck!

+1 BTW 

Accepted

After speaking to some of the people in the event I had you host, I believe you could have a positive impact on the playerbase.

@Garnet Please set this user to Gamemaster in game when you can. I'll be training you for the role aparh (basic stuff).

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1