Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]: Player

Your in-game name: 18A Colonel Fonza

Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:89934512

In-game name of reportee:  2GA SLT Iwanaga Deviluke / Fetn

SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:220893720

Date & Time of incident: Around 7:30 EST

Timezone: EST

What happened? (include any proof):
Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to build up Green Beret and bring it to a stable state, right now, we're at the improvement stage where they try to improve on their behavior. During this week Fetn decided it would be a good idea to start talking over bodies again, I thought that I should go to his higher-up but before I could, it happened again twice. While I have 2 recordings of body talking, I don't have the third for when he called one of my members (Who is Mexican) a Mexican racial slur. After talking to him in OOC he openly admitted to only being toxic towards Green Beret members.

https://streamable.com/5bjs8z

https://youtu.be/E2Q1PFDm4HM

09E9C9BDA616E28039BF6BF9C403EDCCDDCEAF3F

This is inexcusable behavior, especially coming from an older player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

-1, While he's just being toxic and a dick, I wouldn't consider it "targeted toxicity", since he is like this to everyone. Plus, there's not enough evidence imo to prove it's targeted towards you or your GB, since then it would be harassment. 

11 minutes ago, Fonza said:

While I have 2 recordings of body talking, I don't have the third for when he called one of my members (Who is Mexican) a Mexican racial slur.

If you had evidence here, a warn would be valid. 

In the end, I would just ignore him because it's just one dude talking shit in-game about dumb shit, if he continues this behavior in a more hostile or racist manner (assuming he did use a racial slur earlier), a toxicity ban could be put in place. 

• Agree 2

You're staff, you don't need a formal report for this, just warn him, if you have evidence.

If you're unsure if it's warnable, talk to a higher staff member.

Honestly this seems pretty tame. Not exactly a fan of Fetn, but this is unnecessary of a forum report. Have you asked him to stop?

1st clip is talking over bodies, which while frowned upon isn't formally against the rules.

2nd clip is somewhat self deprecating as what I can make out appears to be "dogwater like half my MARSOC enlisted" followed by chaos.  If he did say spic, which I can't make out, maybe it's just me, then yeah, that could be warnable.

The screenshot is banter.

Agreeing with Soldier in this regard that it doesn't seem targeted with the evidence provided.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Agree 6
9 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

You're staff, you don't need a formal report for this, just warn him, if you have evidence.

If you're unsure if it's warnable, talk to a higher staff member.

Honestly this seems pretty tame. Not exactly a fan of Fetn, but this is unnecessary of a forum report. Have you asked him to stop?

1st clip is talking over bodies, which while frowned upon isn't formally against the rules.

2nd clip is somewhat self deprecating as what I can make out appears to be "dogwater like half my MARSOC enlisted" followed by chaos.  If he did say spic, which I can't make out, maybe it's just me, then yeah, that could be warnable.

The screenshot is banter.

Agreeing with Soldier in this regard that it doesn't seem targeted with the evidence provided.

Agreed.

However this still isn't appropriate behavior for an SLT and sets a negative example for lower enlisted. Since Fetn isn't a staff member, this makes it purely a faction issue. The best solution is to bring it up to a higher ranking officer in 2GA.

• Agree 2

If I were in your shoes I would not have bothered making a forum post about this whole thing. I agree with Don, you should have just told him to stop. I'm sure he would've had the courtesy to listen and respect your wishes if you felt he was being an ass. If he continued his actions afterwards, it would be a different story.

Maybe Fetn was being a little annoying but nothing that would warrant me to say that this should be a definite warn. If that happened to me I would have just ignored the shittalk. We're just kids playing a GMod server retardedly roleplaying as military men and women, trying to have fun through coronavirus. If it really bothered you, again, just tell him to stop. To me, if you have to think about warning someone, you shouldn't.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

So a few things in general to say about fetn.

me and him are friends but it doesn’t change the fact that since the moment I got to know him he has been talking over bodies, shut talking in OOC and anything like that fetn is toxic he had always been toxic and I don’t think there is a way to change that.

so if the question here is that fetn is toxic or not I can assure you the answer is yes.

• Haha 1

In my opinion you definitely should've waiting in making a forum report on Fetn until you had more evidence or more repeated offenses. Fetn is definitely not the most non-mingy player on the server and has definitely shit talked people in OOC, talk shit over people's bodies, and has been a minge at some times but I don't think personally that he should be banned for this or anything further. At most this should be a warn but at the same time there isn't enough to really go off of. 

Now Fetn as a SLT in 2GA should not be doing these things, as he needs to act as a role model, so you may want to bring this up more with Stewtopia and if this continues then some punishment may be necessary; but he shouldn't be punished unless he continues to do worse.

39 minutes ago, Party said:

So a few things in general to say about fetn.

me and him are friends but it doesn’t change the fact that since the moment I got to know him he has been talking over bodies, shut talking in OOC and anything like that fetn is toxic he had always been toxic and I don’t think there is a way to change that.

so if the question here is that fetn is toxic or not I can assure you the answer is yes.

Why was this needed? If he is toxic(As you have identified) and he is your friend then maybe trying to help change that rather than just giving up is in order. (No disrespect or toxicity intended)

45 minutes ago, Jared Cox said:

If it really bothered you, again, just tell him to stop. To me, if you have to think about warning someone, you shouldn't.

This is probably what you should've done in my opinion, then talk to Stewtopia.

Edited by hysteria
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2