sharing some old tunes

Guest proggy

As many of you may know I'm a guitarist. I have played for 17 years. I used to be way more active with music, joining up with bands and playing shows. I have a home recording setup for the past 10 years. I grew up on metal/hardcore music but as of the past 10 years or so I took a liking to progressive rock / jazz / fusion music. On @D_Rose's last thread, @HorseV100 said I should share some tunes so I guess I will lol.

I haven't been recording my ideas as much the past few years but here's a couple things I've recorded over the past decade.
It is programmed drums (and I'm pretty bad at programming drums lol), and I don't own a good bass guitar so that's missing from most of the mixes too. 
Most of my uploads are scratch recordings that never got finished.

Note: these embeds are usually loud as fuck with no independent volume control so have your volume knob ready lmao

This one is my most recent, and its just a short idea I felt like recording. It says I just uploaded it, but thats bc I just switched it to public. I uploaded it about 3 months ago.

This one was recorded about 5 years ago. An unfinished song I might revisit. 

This one was also recorded 5 years ago, on Halloween. This is one I reallllly wish I had a good bass guitar for, as well as a good vocalist to accompany it. I have a few different versions of this song privated. 

Recorded almost 6 years ago, always wanted to find a vocalist for this one. I wrote this when I was practicing harmonizing with myself on a looper pedal and really liked the idea. Looking back, the song writing on this one is really simple which I normally don't care for, but I wrote it at a really distinct somber time in my life. 

6 years ago
Me and a roommate wrote this for a band that we started but never really kicked off. We recorded an entire 5 song EP, and at about 95% completion and about 3 months of work, we had a drive failure on our recording pc and we lost everything.
This song was the first thing we wrote as a pair after losing that EP. I did most of the legwork for this one, but he made some solid contributions while I was writing it. He also added a nice touch with the glass slide in the background at around 2:45. He was supposed to write a solo after my solo but he never got around to it. He had a falling out with the vocalist of that band that lasted a few years during production of this song, so it never got finished. So this song is still missing bass, vocals, and that solo.

Almost 7 years ago. Nothing to note about this song other than its the first song I wrote after a large slump of not getting any better at guitar. I learned a lot moving in with a guitarist who was a bit better than me around this time. This is another one I have a few versions of privated.

P.S. I have a ton more songs privated. I'm actually at my max allowance of free uploads, so I need to delete stuff to upload stuff sadly.