/setmap command

Aparh

Description: /setmap command is a self explanatory command that we had back on SWRP, it allows for the people who have access to change the map from ingame without needing garnet. 

Reasoning: It would benefit the server because it would allow for a variety of map changes and allow us to have a solid map rotation without Garnet. People on MRP are always complaining about the maps and I feel if we had this command it would allow us to better satisfy most of the community. The command would be accessed by only Managers ( Jake).  On top of giving us a steady rotation of maps and a variety, it would also allow the GM team to constantly have new event ideas and change things around. 

Some counter points to be argued are tryouts and training, my rebuttal to that is the fact that there should be training and tryouts made for every map already. If they cannot be found, simply have the officers recreate them. That's literally what they are there for.

This should be a perfect command for MRP as the playerbase seems to be constantly complaining about maps. 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
37 minutes ago, Aparh said:

Reasoning: It would benefit the server because it would allow for a variety of map changes and allow us to have a solid map rotation without Garnet. People on MRP are always complaining about the maps and I feel if we had this command it would allow us to better satisfy most of the community. The command would be accessed by only Managers ( Jake).  On top of giving us a steady rotation of maps and a variety,

+1 but there would need to be dates set up prior for actual map swaps to prepare players etc. 

38 minutes ago, Aparh said:

it would also allow the GM team to constantly have new event ideas and change things around. 

-1 Please note not everyone would want to join an RP event, so switching maps entirely may cause issues for other players who are either doing sims/tryouts/hanging out with their friends in game etc. It'd be expected to lose players instantly if shit like that happens lol

• Winner 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Tora1 said:

+1 but there would need to be dates set up prior for actual map swaps to prepare players etc

This also with previous communities I have been apart of constant map changes usually teds to lead to a lower playerbase for some odd reason i think it’s because some people find it hard to adjust to map changes combat wise especially big ones. Also, it would be nice if we could have a way for the players to vote for which map its going to be changed to Inorder to get the highest “satisfaction rate”. I know I can’t play MRP anymore just felt like I had to add this in as a secondary opinion.

+1

• Agree 1

So to talk on to this, setting the map would be great for CERTAIN events that require a map change. Not all players want to participate but most the time the events require people for passiverp, medrp, or combat and being able to change the map for the setting of the event would be great.

+1

if this results in a map change Valentines Event part 2, then fat -1

But for simple 1 hour events that can open up lots more ideas for gamemaster instead of having to recycle event, that would be cool to see

• Like 1
1 hour ago, huskaii said:

if this results in a map change Valentines Event part 2, then fat -1

my plans exactly 🙂 desert ftw

Accepted

Myself and Garnet went over this not so long ago, it would primarily be used for map rotations but could potentially be used for community wide pre-approved events if that looks like it would work.

for example; Omega is over run by Iraqi insurgents causing both RU & US to retreat, leading us to Chaharikar for a few days or whatever, while there we would both have numerous operations to carry out allowing us to regain power in the Omega region.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1