Less members on these new forums?

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I think the forums are actually far less toxic than the previous ones,

I still think that people are afraid of hurting their image. If you couldn’t tell I’m not afraid to speak my mind 😉 , so I don’t really care what people say about me. I’m open to discussion and there are plenty of times we’re in straight wrong, but I still voice my down to earth opinion. A lot of people don’t want to speak because of people such as Bishop or Conway (sorry Conway but you’re pretty guilty of it occasionally) who just roast people for likes or +1s. 

Another reason to be quiet is that there is less to use against someone. Examples such as -1ing a report on someone hacking and then deleting the -1 when proven guilty. People are just muffins and won’t own up to their own words. 

Finally, there isn’t really an incentive. Both Snapchat groups, steam groups, and teamspeak bring the community as a whole together as is. The only times I really use the forums is when I’m trying to address you @Garnet , get something changed on the server or get something not changed, or finally doing my staff duties such as Staff Apps etc... If someone wants to shit post they’ll go into TS and mix spam or send dick pics on Snapchat. If someone wants to do a “General Discussion” they’ll use TS or OOC to talk about things. 

I dont personally think the community has gotten weaker, as you said it has gotten bigger. I just think social media has outgrown the forums and it instead is used for a more formal use. 

Edited by Yazmo ☣
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Spooky said:

80% of the posts are MRP related too

Because we actually want change( there might be more issues ) and you guys just shitpost and wish suicide soon each other lol. If you want more DRP posts then post more shit simple as that. Finally MRP takes more dedication due to factions where DRP is always a shit fest full of memes. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

One feature that could lead me to post more was the "whats new" tab on the old forums which showed all of the new/new post threads. On these forums, all there is, is the tab on the side showing the past 5 new post.

We have this wat 

I myself liked the way the old forums looked and felt. It feels to me like these forums are considerably slower, as in , I feel like people respond less and when they do it always takes awhile. You can see a forums post get 20-30 views and have 2-3 replies. I don't have the urge to post on certain subjects like on the old forums.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Yazmo ☣ said:

Because we actually want change( there might be more issues ) and you guys just shitpost and wish suicide soon each other lol. If you want more DRP posts then post more shit simple as that. Finally MRP takes more dedication due to factions where DRP is always a shit fest full of memes. 

I'm gonna assume you werent here 6 months ago but this is nothing new, MRP always had more posts than drp. Just mentioned it honestly, and drp - shitpost? Drp actually does the purpose of forums. Socialize, share opinions and thoughts, and of course laugh. unless MRP that use the forums (not all the posts but) for saying "HEY GARNET CAN YOU BUFF THIS GUN??" "OMG RU ARE SO OP" "THIS NEW MAP SUCKS". No shit you want changes, every single change leads to onther change, Ive made a whole post about it in the old forums. 

Just now, Yazmo ☣ said:

And that’s why we pay Garnet the big bucks and why MRP is almsot always fresh ❤️

MRP is getting constantly updates because people who mrp use the forums to ask for changes. Look for example drp, No one asked for its last update but hey, its nice anyway. And the reason Garnet is getting more money from mrp and not drp (again I assume) Is because in MRP you have a purpose and you stay loyal to the community. In darkrp you can simply play and leave and just come back whenever you want, which means less loyal members and less donations ((also the reason all the forum members from drp are staff)). No one would like to donate to a server hes not sure hes going to constantly play on ,unless your a mel

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spooky said:

MRP is getting constantly updates because people who mrp use the forums to ask for changes. Look for example drp, No one asked for its last update but hey, its nice anyway. And the reason Garnet is getting more money from mrp and not drp (again I assume) Is because in MRP you have a purpose and you stay loyal to the community. In darkrp you can simply play and leave and just come back whenever you want, which means less loyal members and less donations ((also the reason all the forum members from drp are staff)). No one would like to donate to a server hes not sure hes going to constantly play on ,unless your a mel

Hey man I was just meming with ya! I was playing on the stereotype of DRP players. Sorry if you missed it 🙂

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Garnet said:

that'd entail that everybody who left was around to make suggestions though 😮 

No, but it's one of the reasons why people lurk more than actually post stuff. Maybe if the website was given to new players on the server when they are trained it might fix the problem. But who knows, that's up to Chris and Gotham if they want to do that shit.

21 hours ago, Garnet said:

Shit guys, a giant reason for switching was mobile intergration. I personally could not access the old forums off mobile, can you let me know what the current ones look like on mobile?

That might've been an issue with just you, because I know myself and others were able to access the old forums on mobile.

These new forums feel slower and it seems that they crash more often. As well as the old ones allowed you to search through profile post making more conversations, now they're kinda pointless since profiles are filled with Reactions.

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1