Increase the Prop Limit (PLEASE)

ohTambo

My favorite part about Gmod DarkRP was always the building aspect, I've always loved creating astounding establishments that people can admire. Although, to my disappointment, whenever I am building on Garnet Gaming I am extremely restricted in what I can build. Being given only 15-30 props is just absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I am unable to build a visually appealing, sturdy and defendable gun shop with this prop limit.

I am sure there is a reason for having such a low prop limit, such as server performance. So I am not suggesting that every person on the server gets an increased prop limit, but I do believe that VIP's should receive an increased prop limit. VIPs are undoubtedly more responsible and trustworthy than the average person. Please consider increasing the prop limit for VIPs and let us build without being restricted to such a little amount of props!!! 

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

• Agree 1
On 5/6/2021 at 11:47 PM, Celestialitus said:

The prop limit fluctuates depending on the current player count on the server, so less players = more props for everyone and vice-versa 🙂

Yes I understand that and think it is a good function, but I think VIPs should have an increased, set, prop limit. Which would also help with Adv dupe. There have been multiple occasions where I have built a base early in the morning and duped it, then tried to spawn it in with more people in the server and I have had crucial parts of my base missing.

8 hours ago, ohTambo said:

Yes I understand that and think it is a good function, but I think VIPs should have an increased, set, prop limit. Which would also help with Adv dupe. There have been multiple occasions where I have built a base early in the morning and duped it, then tried to spawn it in with more people in the server and I have had crucial parts of my base missing.

only true all nighters get them dupes up lmfao.... but honestly we can't do much about this topic, but adding more prop limit even to vip players the server would lag more often than it does now, it's either more frequent lag spikes along with resets, or less prop limit and make a smaller base with less props. There's nothing really to do about this.

• Disagree 1
39 minutes ago, ElCompadre said:

Increasing the prop limit would be a bad idea since Minges could crash or lag the server more easily.

I think that wouldnt be a problem because if you actually bothered to read the suggestion Then you would see that he was only talking about VIPs getting access to it. Personally I think giving a set proplimit for VIPs would be amazing so that its not chance on whether your dupe actually spawns in or if it just has half of it missing. If the thing you are worried about is minges crashing the server they would just be able to place down some dupe that lags/ crashes the server instead of using a few set props to do it.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Just now, BINLADINHOE said:

I think that wouldnt be a problem because if you actually bothered to read the suggestion Then you would see that he was only talking about VIPs getting access to it. Personally I think giving a set proplimit for VIPs would be amazing so that its not chance on whether your dupe actually spawns in or if it just has half of it missing. If the thing you are worried about is minges crashing the server they would just be able to place down some dupe that lags/ crashes the server instead of using a few set props to do it.

bru everyone buys vip now.... 

Like I have already said in the post below, I believe prop limit should take into consideration the amount of props currently spawned and the amount of players. AFKing is encouraged on the server therefore it affects the prop limit drastically. 

3 hours ago, Zachman said:

people don't understand it seems that the reason we have prop limit is so the server is laggy as shit and runs at 10 FPS, if we increase it then that means people can have more prors and it means lower FPS and more lag because of this.

Agree 100%. I feel like a server running with a lot of fps attracts more people. Most of the other darkrp servers are laggy as hell = boring. 

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, GrosCave said:

Agree 100%. I feel like a server running with a lot of fps attracts more people. Most of the other darkrp servers are laggy as hell = boring. 

I agree that we shouldn't increase the prop limit but could we just have a set one instead of a changing one because it fundamentally makes it more difficult to base, for example if you have a base that you made at 70 pop and used all your props and then when you next place it down its 80 pop and now your base doesn't even work. I think just making a set one would be infinitely better for building but also wouldn't affect FPS lag.

34 minutes ago, BINLADINHOE said:

I agree that we shouldn't increase the prop limit but could we just have a set one instead of a changing one because it fundamentally makes it more difficult to base, for example if you have a base that you made at 70 pop and used all your props and then when you next place it down its 80 pop and now your base doesn't even work. I think just making a set one would be infinitely better for building but also wouldn't affect FPS lag.

no 

I really like the prom limit with the way it is how it changes based off how many people are on. go to another server if you don’t like it.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
Guest proggy

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1 

Your suggestion has been Denied

We don't have any plans to remove the dynamic prop-limit, add props to the prop-limit, or give VIP's additional props.

The benefits of having this dynamic prop-limit aren't obvious to players, but it really does help mitigate lag and help kickstart our overall population by rewarding players that join early in the day or right after a server restart.

Giving VIP's additional props would be an interesting perk to look into, but no info has been provided to show how exactly that could be achieved without downsides.
Prop limits are a global server variable that restricts even the superadministrators.
There are unsupported plugins that can handle proplimits by rank, however they are a decade old and likely cause errors and lag on current gmod versions.

More props = less fps + more lag