DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Kurtle's Gamemaster Application.

Kurtle

In-game name: Kurtle | 2GA GenArmii Kurtle

SteamID (https://steamid.io/STEAM_0:1:37333765

Warns: 2 (VDM and Basecamp)

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 2GA GenArmii Kurtle has played for 736:33:10.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: Aparh, Maddox, Eli, 

Past experiences as a Game Master: None

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

Since first being an enlisted, I have committed myself to having a growth mindset, and working to improve myself. I believe that this has led to massive improvements in my demeanor and RP skills. Achieving the rank of GenArmii on 2GA, and becoming a Mod can prove my maturity and growth into the player I am today. This growth mindset would not only make me fit for the GM role, but also more qualified than other applicants may be.

Another reason I believe I would make a good GM, is my dedication to realistic, viable, and most importantly, enjoyable RP events and situations. I believe that players who interact with me in RP settings would agree that my RP is good. I am also extremely invested in real world military events as well, which makes my RP more authentic/close to real world scenarios. I can bring this enthusiasm and dedication to RP into the role of GM, where I can create realistic and enjoyable events for players who came to the server in search of it. 

One goal of mine in this server was to make it as fun as possible for the enlisted. Being a GM will help me fulfil this goal by giving them fun things to do, that aren’t just tryouts and sims. Sometimes players just want to shoot at targets, other times they want to breach and clear buildings. With the proximity I have to base faction issues as a general, I believe I can provide fun solutions as GM. To sum up, my goal to help enlisted have fun is another reason why I would make a great GM over other applicants.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: While I am on 40 hours a week usually, I would dedicate around half of those to 2GA duties, so 20 hours most likely.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibility of a Gamemaster is to provide players with realistic and enjoyable RP scenarios that give them an opportunity to roleplay as real military soldiers. The main role of these RP scenarios is to make players have enjoyable experiences, and make them want to come back.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team

Firstly, I would contribute by helping the current GM’s with their events. Many times I have noticed really awesome yet complicated events that require lots of planning and time. It is hard for the current GM’s to organize events if there is more than one faction participating. Having me as a GM would give them another player to trust. I can provide briefings or lead factions, while allowing for the GM holding the event to deal with the scene setting and main RP event.

Another way I would contribute to the overall RP of the server, would be to teach newer players how to RP, and what is acceptable. RP has its nuances and special rules, and it can be difficult for people to learn them, especially if they have had no RP experience. I would hold small RP events with the idea that they would teach base faction players the cornerstone ideals of RP, like staying in character, and acting within realistic bounds of their characters. This goes along with my goal of trying to make enlisted have the most fun they can. Small events like this can give them something fun to do, as well as creating many RP capable players on the server.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: 

I would create scenes like FOB’s (outside of the current bases) or other military checkpoints/defense points where troops of either side would be stationed. These areas would be active for peacetimes as well as during wars(if possible). Players can visit these checkpoints and it will give them a really great opportunity to show their RP, as well as create passive RP among themselves. I can utilize these areas to force more serious and realistic RP events, such as hostage situations, terrorist threats, or VIP protections. These situations can allow me to use the new event classes that were added to give players fun RP situations to do.

These FOB’s would create more reasons for players to go to war, for example:

A Russian Ambassador who is visiting the FOB is attacked by US Special Forces, his defense squad is killed and he is taken hostage, after being interrogated and tortured, he is executed. A surviving member of his defense squad returns to the Russian base and tells his Officers of what happened. The Russians would then have reasons to go to war to get revenge for the killing, as well as a raid after the war.

This situation gives a realistic reason for Russian players to go to war. It can also give players the opportunity to learn simple RP ideas like how to stay in character, and how to act realistically within the bounds of a US or RU soldier in IRL. Hopefully it would help with my main goal: “make enlisted have fun,” as well as giving players fun reasons to stay.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Remote Hacking Event

One side will hack the other’s encrypted channels from a Forward Operating Base. The other will pick up on radio chatter and investigate. A frontal investigation team will head to the FOB and get wiped out. The army of the team’s whose channels were getting hacked will then raid this FOB and smash the computers. If the hacking team wins, they will gain information, if they lose, no information will be given to any group.

Tortured Soldier Event

One side will have a soldier taken hostage by the other to a separate interrogation room outside of their base (Maybe the FOB mentioned before). This soldier will be tortured and badly wounded physically and mentally. The side whose soldier was taken will raid this interrogation base(EITHER SOC OR HIGHER ENLISTED). If the hostage is secured by the attacking team, they will have to RP to console the soldier and also RP Medical to heal him. If they lose and do not recover the soldier, he dies and the team takes information.

Airport Terrorists 

AFSOC personnel will be running a Civilian airport. Enlisted from either side can be civilians for this time. When a helicopter containing a high profile VIP lands, terrorists will swarm the helicopter, overpower the guards and take him hostage. Special forces from either side (or joint operation) will work together to take down the opposing terrorists in whatever manner they choose. Civilian deaths should be kept to a minimum. Terrorists and Special Forces should not kill the VIP. Killing the VIP will result in a loss for the offending team.

MedEvac

A high priority officer from Russia is wounded. Russian Forces will learn of this and send an evac to his location. While evacuating, the forces are attacked by US soldiers. They must safely evacuate the officer while defending against the US soldiers.

Joint Ops

RU and US SOC will collaborate to destroy a group of Taliban operatives who have taken over a building in the area. They have rigged a bomb in the building, so a /roll will be done to determine if they survive. (2 Rolls will be done, if the sum of the rolls is above 100, the bomb will detonate and the base is destroyed. If the bomb does not detonate, the SOC members can gain information on Taliban forces in the area.)

Mod Resignation:

You may wonder why I would decide to resign from Mod in order to be a GM. This has something to do with the reason I became staff in the first place. I became staff to help the server in any way I could. I wanted to aid the positive experience that I felt that every player deserved to have on this server. Being a GM will still allow me to help the server from a staff point of view, but in a different way then a traditional staff member would. I have always been extremely dedicated to RP matters, yet I have never tried my hand at being a Gamemaster. I think that this would be an extremely fun experience, as well as helping me personally improve on my RP.(Side note: Having a new GM to the team would help take advantage of the boost in pop we get from the new map.)

Edited by Kurtle
:(
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, Kurtle said:

eferral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: Aparh, Maddox, Eli, 

You got referrals from people I trust, I also have been talking with you for a couple of days about it. +1 not much else to say 

• Like 1

+1, I had a lot of faith in Kurtle since he was a LT, he’s always been a good officer and staff. Easy to get along with and communicate with. He’s always been down to do events with 2GA and continue to participate in RP regardless of issues that occur. His ideas are solid and the app was very well written. I think he’ll make a great addition to the GM team.

• Like 1

+1

I'd definitely see you as a gamemaster due to the dedication you're putting towards the RP aspect of the server already. No issues with you becoming GM at all - hopefully it will even improve the RP setting more.