DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Assassinations V2

br0ken

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]:
This suggestion is in place to bring back assassinations, Which was introduced in Delta V1, Which was IMO pretty fun until it was abused, So this suggestion will cover the way it should work without having it being abusable.
First things first, In order to have an assassination commence, You'll have to hold the rank of atleast O-1, You'd need permission from a STAFF Member (You'd have to inform the staff member of who you will be assassinating and get confirmation from them) THEN have pre-assassination DB that takes place inside your base (With a Screenshot to prove), Assassinations would be limited for X amount of players (Can be decided by Jake/Ozzy), Once you get permission from a staff member and hold your DB, You roam the map and find said target, Once you find the target, You'd have to advert something between the lines of (Assassination on ----- Commence), And await minimum of X seconds before opening fire on the target (To allow the opposing forces to counter that assassination), As soon as they call counter, Assassination party would be able to open fire disregarding of the cooldown after calling the assassination, Assassination party would be KOS by any opposing forces as long as they are within render distance, Bases would be a safe place for the targets to prevent confusion to newer players and prevent the attempt of loopholing raid rules etc...

Countering Assassination:
To counter an assassination, You'd need to have the assassination party within render distance, When they call the assassination by advert, You may counter by adverting something between the lines of (Counter Assassination), Once you call counter, You're able to open fire on the assassination party (And they would be able to open fire back).

NOTES:

• These rules might be scuffed or missing, I didn't put much thought into this so I am just putting the idea out there and if this were to get accepted, Staff can figure out more rules to prevent any confusion
  • All rules apply to this nonetheless, If you break a rule mid assassination, You are getting punished for it, So if you're feeling risky and taking a shot in the dark, Do at your own responsibility 
  • The Staff member that confirms the assassination has to spectate the whole assassination to make sure nothing goes wrong 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]:
It brings more stuff for people to do, Doesn't need anything to be implemented except of some rules and you have a whole new concept in place, You can always have your own way of doing assassination within your faction which allows more interaction with people in your faction such as this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wtncSctJ3yzzojTPRl9ukHcjggnr1ZB9FHjyWHX2l18/edit?usp=sharing @Pencil
It brings more to do in peacetime and if done properly can be a lot of fun, I don't see why this wouldn't get accepted as long as rules are set to counter any possible loopholes

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]: N/A

• Like 2
  • Creative 2
  • Community Director

I'd rather just bring back Silent Raiding then change the ROE - seems extremely complicated for something so niche. Seems like someone will get assassinated mid tryout which doesn't do anything constructive. It's not like we have PKs on the server either, so there's zero benefit to doing an assassination -1

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 1

-1 While there has been some time put into this idea but I feel that this a bit convoluted as it stands and yet it doesn't seem fleshed out enough to be enacted as you stated above. I would like to see a bit more thought and effort put in before I would support adding this in.

• 2 months later...

Denied

While a feature like this would allow for more player run activities, i don't believe this would be possible in the darkrp base without a comical amount of metagame and mistaken identity. Playermodels are the same, say you plan to take out the GA, you see the General walking around in the open as they often do, you take the shot, well fuck that was the CSM not the GA. The problem is there is no way to tell who is who as nobody has identifying features outside of AFSOC + VVS with their bodygroups. Yeah I know you could look at their name but that is metagame and wouldn't really fit in with the idea of this.

• Disagree 1