Cap the Number of Bankers to 1

UrdnotWrex

3 minutes ago, bearboobs said:

As for the rules that we're broken you can CLEARLY SEE under the "Banker" Job, "You may not destroy a client's printers. WHICH HE DID ON MULTIPLE OCASIONS AS SEEN! How do you see that this is NOT a problem?
fuckoff.PNG

If I don't trust a Security Guard, I don't hire them.

If someone is reporting their way into my party, I am going to turn on Friendly Fire and keep a watch on him.

Since the Party Leader can Kick any Member of their Party, I would (if I was the Party Leader) be ready to Kick the person after the first, second, third, fourth, or fifth printer. Certainly before the tenth printer.

If everyone else thinks this needs to be a rule now, sure. But if this is truly an exploit, shouldn't it be handled as such? I could see the rules being updated but I have never seen a successful bank with only One Banker before and I fear that this will nerf banks even further.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

I have never seen a successful bank with only One Banker before and I fear that this will nerf banks even further.

Then you have never seen adric's bank being run.

Edited by bearboobs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@ShankNinja I think you kinda hit the nail on the head as the issue doesnt have to be about the rules so much as it is about being forced into the bank. youre right. the rule only states that he CAN base there. but to use staff to do so was a breach of rules if said rules are what apply. But for the clarity of staff perhaps a reword could be changed as i can certainly see this argument happen once again. similar to how CP's killing keep getting accepted appeals because the rules arent written properly

Just now, ShankNinja said:

I've seen Adric's base be raided every time I have seen it run, and this time seems to be no exception?

I've been raided successfully once out of the 4 times I've done this?

• Informative 1
  • Agree 2

+1 This kind of shit should not be allowed because a random second banker should be FORCED to let them inside. Equate that to a thief having to let another unknown thief into their base because they're on the same job. A second banker should not have the POWER to force his way into an already pre existing bank base. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 4
10 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

I've seen Adric's bank be destroyed every time I have seen it run, and this time seems to be no exception?

I just don't see how you dont agree. Dumbfounded. Your logic is uncomprehendable to me. Your saying the cap shouldn't be limited because it has only happened one time, and that the bank would be "nerfed" because there is only one banker. I think it would be a major pro so there wouldn't be any arguing over what happens inside of the bank and how its ran. Citizens, Security Guards, Drones, etc that's not raiding class can base with a banker? It's up to the banker decision how many people he wants to hire/fire. It would stop dogshit like this from happening so much. You saying "just kill them when they start breaking printers" IS RDM! HELLO? Just because they are breaking rules does not give you the permission to kill them, just like propblocking doesn't give you the permission to kill them just because they are breaking a rule. They are a banker. They are allowed to bank there. They are forced to bank there. They are immute to KOS signs because of that. No exceptions. THIS. IS. A. LOOPHOLE. 

Edited by bearboobs
  • Agree 3
4 minutes ago, bearboobs said:

I just don't see how you dont agree. Dumbfounded. Your logic is uncomprehendable to me. Your saying the cap shouldn't be limited because it has only happened one time, and that the bank would be "nerfed" because there is only one banker. I think it would be a major pro so there wouldn't be any arguing over what happens inside of the bank and how its ran. Citizens, Security Guards, Drones, etc that's not raiding class can base with a banker? It's up to the banker decision how many people he wants to hire/fire. It would stop dogshit like this from happening so much. You saying "just kill them when they start breaking printers" IS RDM! HELLO? Just because they are breaking rules does not give you the permission to kill them, just like propblocking doesn't give you the permission to kill them just because they are breaking a rule. They are a banker. They are allowed to bank there. They are forced to bank there. No exceptions. THIS. IS. A. LOOPHOLE. 

thats literally why we all stood there. banker is the MOST law abiding job. not even CP's follow rules the way we have to. If i could use dlores and gas i wouldnt have to hire a staff. We have to make sure were all non raiding classes, we have to make sure to party and /hire mercs. Theres no way a team of us are going to make one dumb move lest we lose the whole shop.

Edited by Adric
13 minutes ago, bearboobs said:

I just don't see how you dont agree. Dumbfounded. Your logic is uncomprehendable to me. Your saying the cap shouldn't be limited because it has only happened one time, and that the bank would be "nerfed" because there is only one banker. I think it would be a major pro so there wouldn't be any arguing over what happens inside of the bank and how its ran. Citizens, Security Guards, Drones, etc that's not raiding class can base with a banker? It's up to the banker decision how many people he wants to hire/fire. It would stop dogshit like this from happening so much. You saying "just kill them when they start breaking printers" IS RDM! HELLO? Just because they are breaking rules does not give you the permission to kill them, just like propblocking doesn't give you the permission to kill them just because they are breaking a rule. They are a banker. They are allowed to bank there. They are forced to bank there. No exceptions. THIS. IS. A. LOOPHOLE. 

I really don't think this is the place to argue. We both gave our +1/-1 and that's that. I already stated that nowhere in the rules does it say a Banker is forced to allow other Bankers into their base. If, the Banker had a rule like, say, the Bloodz Member:
DilrWcQ.png
Then I could see some rules needing amended. However:

• There isn't a rule that says that
  • Staff can be wrong
  • It's clear that even the staff was unsure and the Party Member allowed them into the party and failed to act when it backfired. I would have argued against letting them in, mostly because the rules don't say I have to, and that's why I keep referring to them.

At the most I think the rules could be amended to say:

• The Banker does not need to allow other Bankers into their base; they as the party leader have the option to allow any non-raiding class in they please.

However, I always thought this was common sense and as it seems to be the point of discussion here I guess that the rules could need some clarification, either by a higher-up staff or by an actual Rule re-write. Either way, our back-and-forths don't add much to the discussion so I am going to have this be my last response unless someone else is dumbfounded by my opinion and I have to help explain it.

14 minutes ago, Canlex said:

A second banker should not have the POWER to force his way into an already pre existing bank base. 

they don't

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Agree 3

I simply propose an addendum to the banker class much like hitman and the mugging rules got with a simple reply to the MOTD.

1 minute ago, bearboobs said:

Then why do we need two bankers if this does become a rule?

Just in case 2 do need to work together for whatever reason. one can run the desk and the other on printers

In worst case scenario there's a banker wandering the streets all day. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2