Allow CPs to defend one another

Fido

Description:  Exclude CPs from the party rule when it comes to defending one another, as they are a government faction. 

Reasoning: 

The current policy states that we cannot defend one another unless we are in the same party.  This doesn't make any sense as we already collaborate as a party with various government functions, including (but not limited to): 

• Defending the PD from raiders
  • Enforcing default laws
  • Enforcing custom laws
  • Chasing and arresting wanted players
  • Conducting raids 
  • Securing the jail, and returning escapees back to prison

If a wanted criminal were to be chased by two cops, and said criminal turns around and shoots at one of them, the second officer should be able to return fire in defense of the first cop. We already collaborate with various other government functions as it is. 

Additional Information: None

Edited by Fido
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

-1 in actual role play there are very few Instances where this would be used, the times where a cp can be attacked are limited to when they counter when the is raided when they are mugged if they are chasing an individual while trying to arrest them and if they get rdm’d. In almost every instance you can fight back as cp due to you being allowed to counter these without adverting. The only one that really matters would be while chasing down a wanted person and they fire back due to you already being allowed to in almost all cases that are not rdm. Not to mention you can simply arrest someone for attacking a cop. -1 I see no point in this if you want to defend your fellow cp simply make a party

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fido said:

Description:  Exclude CPs from the party rule when it comes to defending one another, as they are a government faction. 

Reasoning: 

The current policy states that we cannot defend one another unless we are in the same party.  This doesn't make any sense as we already collaborate as a party with various government functions, including (but not limited to): 

• Defending the PD from raiders
  • Enforcing default laws
  • Enforcing custom laws
  • Chasing and arresting wanted players
  • Conducting raids 
  • Securing the jail, and returning escapees back to prison

If a wanted criminal were to be chased by two cops, and said criminal turns around and shoots at one of them, the second officer should be able to return fire in defense of the first cop. We already collaborate with various other government functions as it is. 

Additional Information: None

The party rule exists so that no more than 7 people can defend each other. This is a LOT of people; and considering a raid party cannot exceed 5 people, this gives the defending party an advantage already. And since the PD is exempt from party requirements, NLR requirements, etc. during a raid, I don't think giving them additional powers outside a raid really benefit anyone.

The Civil Protection 'faction' is already potentially the strongest on the server due to the fact that they operate the only base which doesn't require a party to defend the base AND are allowed to NLR during a PD raid. Giving a group of 10+ people the ability to retaliate with lethal force against anyone that is either defending themselves, or attacking a cop outside of a raid (which doesn't happen in RP scenarios often anyways) is not fair or balanced.

I really think I've typed more than I need to though. Simply put: If you want to defend or retaliate against another PD being shot, create a party.

I can't think of a SINGLE reason why this can't be solved by just creating and joining a party with the PD (A.K.A. how this problem has been solved for years).

Collaborate in a party. Problem solved.

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Agree 1
19 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

The party rule exists so that no more than 7 people can defend each other. This is a LOT of people; and considering a raid party cannot exceed 5 people, this gives the defending party an advantage already. And since the PD is exempt from party requirements, NLR requirements, etc. during a raid, I don't think giving them additional powers outside a raid really benefit anyone.

The Civil Protection 'faction' is already potentially the strongest on the server due to the fact that they operate the only base which doesn't require a party to defend the base AND are allowed to NLR during a PD raid. Giving a group of 10+ people the ability to retaliate with lethal force against anyone that is either defending themselves, or attacking a cop outside of a raid (which doesn't happen in RP scenarios often anyways) is not fair or balanced.

I really think I've typed more than I need to though. Simply put: If you want to defend or retaliate against another PD being shot, create a party.

I can't think of a SINGLE reason why this can't be solved by just creating and joining a party with the PD (A.K.A. how this problem has been solved for years).

Collaborate in a party. Problem solved.

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you. 

Giving a group of 10+ people the ability to retaliate with lethal force against anyone that is either defending themselves, or attacking a cop outside of a raid (which doesn't happen in RP scenarios often anyways) is not fair or balanced.

We are not talking about gang wars or party wars. We're talking about two cops chasing a wanted person, the person opening fire and damaging one of the officers, and both officers being allowed to return fire. 

Because it will overcomplicate things when there are more than ten CPs on, and when common sense dictates that CPs are a government faction. If they can collaborate with so many other things, it just doesn't make sense for them to not be able to defend each other during a chase. 

6 hours ago, Fido said:

We are not talking about gang wars or party wars. We're talking about two cops chasing a wanted person, the person opening fire and damaging one of the officers, and both officers being allowed to return fire. 

/party - I literally still cannot fathom why the cops are unwilling or unable to create a party and follow the rules. It costs 500$ to get exactly what you're asking for - without modifying the rules that have been in place for literally years.

6 hours ago, Fido said:

Because it will overcomplicate things when there are more than ten CPs on, and when common sense dictates that CPs are a government faction. If they can collaborate with so many other things, it just doesn't make sense for them to not be able to defend each other during a chase. 

I think updating the rules will overcomplicate things more. We should not be allowing non-party members to retaliate with lethal force, or contradicting other rules already in place unless absolutely necssary - and this is not.
Create a party - it isn't that complicated.

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Winner 1

Just gonna toss this here- I don't understand how you all think it's too difficult for players to submit video evidence of someone tryin' to shoot them, but not as tedious to get all CPs in one party when they all already serve under the government faction

I don't see how it is a huge problem to just let CPs operate as a government entity through and through. Why are we letting them collaborate at all if we aren't letting them defend one another during a police chase gone violent? They already shoot at base defenders while conducting raids. Why even have a government faction at all? From the looks of it, every individual officer is a vigilante rather than a cop. 

Edited by Fido
  • Cringe 1
1 hour ago, Fido said:

I don't see how it is a huge problem to just let CPs operate as a government entity through and through.

I don't see how it is a huge problem just to create a party.

Edited by Hamas
  • Agree 1
18 hours ago, ZenMemes said:

Could just as easily create a party, thanks to the party cap of 7, it will prevent a storm of cops chasing someone guns blazing after someone in the PD gets shot, potentially causing other people near to be harmed.

It costs $5k to make one. CPs do not make enough money, which makes that amount too expensive for us PD mains. 

Edited by Fido
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1