racism mrdm ban

Description: Far too often a level 1 will join the server, get a gun, yell "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" and then mow down a crowd of people. I feel that if someone has broken racism rules and committed MRDM they should be banned for three weeks.

Reasoning: This would stop a lot of people from doing this and would also stop a lot of people that do this from coming back.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1

If you reported with proof of the racism I guarantee they'd cop at least a 30 day ban. I've seen three 30-day racism bans this week alone, and I've only played two days so far.

1 hour ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

Description: Far too often a level 1 will join the server, get a gun, yell "N**********************" and then mow down a crowd of people. I feel that if someone has broken racism rules and committed MRDM they should be banned for three weeks.

Reasoning: This would stop a lot of people from doing this and would also stop a lot of people that do this from coming back.

I personally think the 30-day ban that these people would receive is a better deterrent than a 3-week combo ban for MRDM+Racism.

---

(I also suggest you edit the racist slurs out of your post and maybe post something like the following)

Description: Far too often a level 1 will join the server, get a gun, 'yell the N word with a hard R/N********'

I understand your motivation is to deter people from breaking server rules- unfortunately the severity of punishments is a huge balancing act. On one hand you want players to be punished, but on the other you want to present an opportunity for players to return within a reasonable amount of time so they can learn from their mistakes. 

In a situation like this, the following policy comes into play:

The question is whether it's the person's first hateful conduct or not. Obviously they would satisfy a two-week ban for the MRDM- but if it's their first offense for the HC then it would be a warning. Only after their fifth offense would it be a 30-day ban. 

-1 I believe our current policies are sufficient in deterring and appropriately punishing people for the example offense. We don't stack punishments unless it's going to be a NITRP ban. We instead ban based off the worst crime, which in this case would be the MRDM if it's the person's first HC, or HC if it's the fifth time they yelled the hard R and there is sufficient evidence proving it

Edited by Fido
  • Agree 1