DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[ShankNinja's Pro-Tips] Useful Console Commands

Hello Garnet Gamers, this is a new series I'm going to start that is specifically useful to OLD and NEW players alike called [ShankNinja's Pro-Tips]
I will be shamelessly linking all of my guides together with embeds and keeping them single-topic so that one can click into whichever guide(s) interest them the most and prevent a ginormous essay that is too intimidating to read.

Today's Pro-Tip guide will focus on Console Commands. If you don't know how to open the console or how to use commands, binds, etc. please refer to this guide which explains all applicable sections in detail:

If you have any questions regarding this guide or any of the guides I link, please respond in this thread to prevent getting a necroposting warn or something!

Expand this quote for the commands:

Console Commands

I'm going to just list the console commands that might prove useful now, as it's assumed you know how to use them:

r_3dsky 0 - this will disable the 3d skybox, boosting your framerate. r_3dsky 1 re-enables the skybox
net_graph 1 - this will enable the simplest FPS and Ping meter for your UI. net_graph 0 removes this graph.

sbox_maxprops - typing this without hitting enter shows the max props (so does hitting enter, but it is harder to see in the text output in my opinion)
lastinv - this is more of a bindable command: if you bind it to 'F' for example, it swaps between your last used weapon (CS players may feel at home with this command)
+zoom - also a bindable command, this allows you to achieve a zoom view without a sniper rifle.
stopsound - works without a bind to stop whatever annoying noise it is you're hearing. Works great as a bind, especially in the sewers with loads of ambient noises. Results may very depending on the sound.

For binding animations, please refer to AJ's guide which includes all of the console commands required to do so:

Example bind for dance:

bind f5 "_darkrp_doanimation 1618"

Trying to bind Chat Commands? Here's a list of most of them (this is a 2019 list, though it's not important enough I've wanted to update it yet)

Example chat command bind which spawns a printer:

bind = "say /ibuytheseprinterseverytimeyeahonfuckinggarnet"

If you can think of any other useful console commands that you have figured out, please post them in this thread and I'll add them into the guide!

Next pro-tips guide will be:
Loadouts; how to make them and use them
Look forward to it next week!

It's been released now!: 

Edited by ShankNinja
stopsound
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Creative 1
  • Friendly 2
  • Informative 1