DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Improve the Prop Limit (Focusing on the limit impacting GM events)

HtmlRoot

For someone like me, I can put together amazing builds for events I might host or help with. But there is always one fork in the road, especially when activity is high.

The prop limit.

So, I propose having a plugin or some way of implementing per user/per group prop limits. These per user limits would only be active based on who's using these limits and their needs at the time. For example, a gamemaster per user/per group limit would raise the proplimit a few notches to loosen the tight constraints of population-based prop limit so that in the event that a minigame or something was not prepared and the prop limit was too high for the build that was built 20 players less than it currently is, the trigger could be activated with a sort of mode. The question is, how it would be implemented in a way that it could not be abused (not sure how you could abuse it other then using it to make mega-builds for non-event purposes, but that's all I can think of.)

I believe this is a good idea, and I wish for all the input I can get.

3 minutes ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

not happening has been suggested way to many times and won't be changing -1

These post examples do not include the game master part. I believe that it would be helpful for this purpose. Not for VIP's, not really for anyone else. In a way, it really does constrain those who actually need the extra limit.

sorry, but -1.  Again, it won't be changed anytime soon due to the current prop limits being fine for the server, and raising it will just deteriorate performance, even for GMs exclusively.  Alternatively, when you're building for an event you can ask for other players to provide you with props or build things for you.

Edited by ZenMemes

Denied

There's a hard limit of 8192 entities for the source engine. Props only make up a portion of those entities.
Everything in gmod is an entity. If we raise the prop limit, things will become unstable, the server will lag, and players will be very unhappy.

If you need more props for an event, get another GM, or do an easier event.