DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Map Survey [08/28/2018]

Map Survey 8/28/2018  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your skybox!

• Infinite forested skybox (like in Taiga and Siberia)
    • Boxed Mountain (Chaharikar and CSCdesert)

This poll is closed to new votes

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Hello Gay Gamers!

While PoliceRP and DarkRP are sinking into hell with constant crashes and resignations, lets shine a light on a positive topic; the little map update, with a little questionnaire.

While I am aware that alot of you play on 'r_3dsky 0' to disable the skybox and get a 5-10% FPS boost, for those of you who don't, i'd like to make the skybox as pretty as possible, because you will spend a considerable amount of time looking at it. What I've been utilizing since Taiga all the way to Siberia has been the 'infinite skybox' where you get the illusion that the map is continuing into a range of mountains, however, as my mapping leveled up, I figured out new ways to go about 3d skyboxes. I'm going to present you with 3 option to choose from:

Boxed Mountain

Actual outskirts of the map is a mountain that is for the most part accessible (allows people to run all the way around and flank?

926df93d20ec7250165c494549196e37.png

Forested infinite skybox

low detail 2d trees that will give the appearance as if the map was never cut off, eats up slightly more FPS

Starts with trees, and has mountains in the background

bdc81ac5e5720e1b2065afd451231a06.jpg

a4d98921470d844304f7ad6c30cca094.jpg

Please use the poll and leave an optional comment to cast your vote!

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • The Garnut
5 minutes ago, Not Cool said:

The infinite skybox is my favourite one, but it looks a bit empty, you should add some trees in the 3d skybox, you would only have to scale them 16 times smaller (if your sky_camera project 16 times bigger). But I'm not sure if we can scale props on gmod, I know from a 3kliksphilip video that on csgo, they added an option on hammer to scale entities like props, but idk if we can do that on gmod

You can scale dynamic props in CS:GO, but it's a terrible idea because they're just as expensive to render as the full-sized ones.

The tree cards I used in the screenshots are literally 2d images at 128x512