Unintentional Server Crash

Mr_Therapist

Description: I believe that we should establish a new rule, Unintentional Server Crash

Reasoning: Many others and I have been affected by individuals crashing the server. Today there was a server crash, other and I lost over 5 mil in printers and money in printers. If unintentional Mass RDM is a ban which doesn't affect many people but the ones the who were Unintentional killed I think Unintentional Server Crash should also be a ban considering it affects 100+ people. 

Additional Information: Obviously it shouldn't be for that long considering unintentional Mass RDM is a reduced ban time.
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Agree 1

I feel like the issue for this is when is a ban warranted. For instance sometimes a dupe doesn't place and it shows staff that they may be attempting to crash the server and I believe we all understand that's not what we're talking about here. And so, I feel we would need a protocol for this if it's done. Granted the suggestion itself makes sense.

+1

Edited by FlameSoul
  • Agree 1

Many players and I were effected by the server crash today, I do agree that there should be a punishment for someone performing an act of tomfoolery.

+1

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, xFish said:

I believe you guys are forgetting something. Under the D3A attempting to/crashing the server is up to a month ban time.

Unless I totally misread the post.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Unintentionally crashing the server and attempting to crash the server in my opinion are different.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

Don't get me wrong - I hate server crashes as much or more than the next guy. But for the standard staff member (i.e. not Proggy or Garnet) and even for them, depending on the situation, it's virtually impossible (if not completely impossible) to fully prove/provide evidence for a ban to be handed down.

I think since it's improbable that evidence can be collected that actually PROVES that the user has crashed the server, this would be an unnecessary rule change.

Especially since this is an edge case of a niche scenario that can only be speculated, and never proven without-a-doubt, I think if it becomes a problem that the user would fall under the "Attempting to crash the server" rule; regardless of if the attempt was intentional, this would be handled similarly to how unintentional RDM is considered "Attempted RDM" regardless of if it was actually intentionally attempted, they broke the rule.

TL;DR
Without clear evidence that's nearly impossible to collect a ban won't be handed out and that is why I think this would be a pointless addition.

• Agree 1

This is by far one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen. Sorry therapist but you need to take a step back.

21 hours ago, Mr_Therapist said:

If unintentional Mass RDM is a ban which doesn't affect many people but the ones the who were Unintentional killed I think Unintentional Server Crash should also be a ban considering it affects 100+ people.

Here is the difference. Unintentional MRDM means you can't control or aim the firearm your character has and you have killed multiple people.
This can be accidental but it is still RDM. You opened fire and hit people who were not involved because of your own actions and incapability of being able to aim properly. That is your fault still.

When it comes to unintentionally crashing the server you can do basic normal things and the server is suddenly overloaded. What happened last night is a meth man had picked up a large amount of meth off the ground that he had created.
There is NO WAY of knowing that this would crash the server, and it is in no way at fault of the meth man.
Imagine just picking up a gun off the ground and something just breaks and the server crashes suddenly. Now you have to be banned for picking that gun up? The meth man has to be banned because he picked up meth he made and the server just suddenly broke?

What a stupid argument to have. One is your fault, the other isn't.. that makes it entirely unfair. 
One can be avoided if you're more carful, another is nearly impossible to avoid.

Just because you're salty you lost 5 mil on your printers doesn't mean we need to make an unfair and unjust rule.

I lost a ton of money from the bank change that makes you only drop 1$ if you take out money and I am not sitting here complaining and begging for changes and to get that money back.

Unintentionally crashing a server cannot be proven, and if it is unintentional it is not at fault of the person since these crashes can happen almost entirely at random for unknown reasons.

Under your logic, if someone does something completely normal in-game and it just suddenly crashes the server they should be banned? Sounds stupid.
Sometimes dupes accidentally crash the server, never meaning to do so when it hasn't done it before, and they should be banned? Hell fucking no.

But should you be banned for MRDMing accidentally because you can't shoot for shit and kept firing anyway? Yes, because you're at fault!

-1 big time

Edited by MisterShankie
  • Agree 1
25 minutes ago, MisterShankie said:

This is by far one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen. Sorry therapist but you need to take a step back.

Here is the difference. Unintentional MRDM means you can't control or aim the firearm your character has and you have killed multiple people.
This can be accidental but it is still RDM. You opened fire and hit people who were not involved because of your own actions and incapability of being able to aim properly. That is your fault still.

When it comes to unintentionally crashing the server you can do basic normal things and the server is suddenly overloaded. What happened last night is a meth man had picked up a large amount of meth off the ground that he had created.
There is NO WAY of knowing that this would crash the server, and it is in no way at fault of the meth man.
Imagine just picking up a gun off the ground and something just breaks and the server crashes suddenly. Now you have to be banned for picking that gun up? They meth man has to be banned because he picked up meth he made and the server just suddenly broke?

What a stupid argument to have. One is your fault, the other isn't.. that makes it entirely unfair. 
One can be avoided if you're more carful, another is nearly impossible to avoid.

Just because you're salty you lost 5 mil on your printers doesn't mean we need to make an unfair and unjust rule.

I lost a ton of money from the bank change that makes you only drop 1$ if you take out money and I am not sitting here complaining and begging for changes and to get that money back.

Unintentionally crashing a server cannot be proven, and if it is unintentional it is not at fault of the person since these crashes can happen almost entirely at random for unknown reasons.

Under your logic, if someone does something completely normal in-game and it just suddenly crashes the server they should be banned? Sounds stupid.
Sometimes dupes accidentally crash the server, never meaning to do so when it hasn't done it before, and they should be banned? Hell fucking no.

But should you be banned for MRDMing accidentally because you can't shoot for shit and kept firing anyway? Yes, because you're at fault!

-1 big time

this is true , proving it would be the most difficult thing ever I wanna think. 

I know it’s annoying but something like this would be very hard to Prove and it’s honestly just not worth it.

• Agree 3

Denied 

I feel like a situation where someone "accidently" crashes the server it should be looked at per case-by-case basis. We already have rules in places for server crashing and if someone does crash the server "accidently" we can let executives+ investigate and decide what happens to this certain individual.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1