DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

James R Tanner's GM application

James-R-Tanner

In-game name: James R Tanner

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):https://steamid.io/lookup/76561198198040415

Warns: 1 / necropost 

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: James R Tanner has played for 867:59:56.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:YES

Referral(s):None

Past experiences as a Game Master: 2 Gmod servers, 12 Arma 3 units, 1 MC server, 1 space engineer server.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe despite my near 8 month absence from the server do to army training (irl) I still have the insight and expertise to excel as a server gamemaster. I first decided to become a game master about a week ago after seeing the impact that they can bring to the server and how a good gamemaster/event could bring such a breath of fresh air to the game that honestly made me decided to sick around for the long haul a feeling I haven't had since 2018 and even then I started to find the game repetitive as hell after ~3 years of doing the same thing over and over again and however with the events that I've been seeing and the absolute blast I've been having I've got no problem sinking more time into the server and I want that time to go into something productive and while I've already put in to get 11AR so I can go back to helping army I still want to do more for the served at large. 
(as of the time of editing my 11AR was approved)

This is  where becoming a server GM comes into play, over my many years playing on MRP myself and many other have come up with lots of Good, Bad and Crazy ideas for game modes and events and while i am aware most of them wouldn't be viable there are still a good few that could be a lot of fun for the whole server and seeing the possibilities makes me super excited for the future and for the player base. now all of this sounds nice and all but without results or proof that I would be good for this these are just words and in order to prove that i could be a good gamemaster I would like people to look back at some of army's old events and while i know many of you wouldn't remember however back when i was a Gen in army i bereaved that it was my duty to help the player experience and I would often do this with events that would make your everyman important like, VIP rescue, commissioning ceremony's, and the large scale patrols around different objs with soc groups acting as hostiles and there are countless more examples , I know that these days those aren't considered creative events but at the time doing anything outside the box as a base faction was kind of rare so doing a more consistent amount of events and making your lower enlisted feel special and important helped a lot with numbers and overall attitude of army at the time and one of my main hopes is to replicate that on a bigger scale for the whole server. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: MassRDM, 1V1 sims when they were banned in 2017

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: so I still want to put time into army and other games to avoid burnout so I would likely average 3 hours a day Gamemastering 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: to give unique and fun experiences to players while helping to retain the player base by reducing server Burnout 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I will use my technical expertise to assist other GMs with events, as well as use my own ideas to create fun and unique events that engage RP environments for players to enjoy

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
Raid Party
set up a relative large fortress filled to the brim with Guards, Traps, Puzzles, Parkour and Bosses, (I was planning on splitting up the groups of NPCs shooting players with things like puzzles and parkour to spice things up and make them think as a group, also once one person makes it a path opens up for everyone to get trough so people don't get left behind) this would be a fun way for making people work as a team to accomplish a common goal and at the end I could even set up a small prize though I'm not sure as to what yet.

Knife Party
bit of a Dumb fun event players are sent into an arena with knives in it and have a knife only FFA, again more of a dumb fun type of event.

Imposter
one player is given a Knife (the imposter) and another player is chosen to be the VIP and the rest of the players must protect the VIP while the imposter attempts to kill the VIP (similar to the Murder Game mode but only has one target and allows for a bit more good RP).

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
Airborne
Place a portal in US and AFG base and send them above EMB to Paradrop in this would allow players to enjoy a much faster pace and intense War focusing more on CQC and mid range combat while also removing the long walks to the OBJ further increasing the enjoyably of the event  (note due to confusion when explaining the event to another GM this is only for 1 war as a event not a forever thing)

• Disagree 4