DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

How To Get Your Own Crosshair in DRP!

This a really simple tutorial on how to get your own cross hair from this:

unknown.png

to this:

unknown.png

Step 1: Addon

The thing you want to first look for in the steam workshop is "Tyler's Crosshair"

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=4000&searchtext=tyler's+crosshair&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

Step 2: Choosing the Crosshair

You have many options to choose from which I will provide photo's of below

unknown.png                    unknown.png             unknown.png           unknown.png

Step 3: Downloading

This step is self explanatory, simply download your desired crosshair and close your game and open it up. You'll know it's installed when in your addons section, your crosshair appears like this

unknown.png

Step 4: Activating the Crosshair

Once you load into the server, open console and type this command in console

hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1

or

you can simply type "hud_draw" and it'll be the second option

unknown.png

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:

The crosshair will stay on your screen for the duration of your time in the server. If you disconnect and reconnect, don't worry. All you have to do is type the command into console and it's back. Simple as that.

Hopefully you found this useful and helpful 🙂

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Machines said:

How do you position the cross hair so that it's useful for shooting in third person?

Hello, Shooting third person will shoot left of the crosshair if its set above your right shoulder. I don't think their is one set for Third person. But Sorry mate!

1 hour ago, SirSmity said:

Hello, Shooting third person will shoot left of the crosshair if its set above your right shoulder. I don't think their is one set for Third person. But Sorry mate!

I saw in a clip where someone had a cross hair that was perfectly aligned for shooting in third  person it was cool 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, KoiFish said:

I saw in a clip where someone had a cross hair that was perfectly aligned for shooting in third  person it was cool 

press C and goto the third person section and you can choose a crosshair and choose to make it position itself to where your bullets will go in third person it auto toggles whn you switch in nd out of third person

• Informative 2
  • 1 month later...