DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Trooper Class Suggestion

Fonza

Description:  Replace the 212th/501st Trooper DC-15a with the DC-15s.

Reasoning: Gives more variety to weaponry for players who are starting out, also makes it so that there aren't two classes that are exactly alike.

Additional Information: Not something that's important, but would be nice to see a difference in their arsenal while still being lore friendly.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

-1   Edited to a +1 after discussing it further

Well if we get rid of DC-15As for the trooper WLs then it kinda defeats the purpose of a trooper WL, it the entry class with default standard issue weapons. also the DC-15S would just end up becoming the new DC-15A then your right back to where you started.

Now changing it for like 104th trooper or any of the other battalions who's troopers start with DC-15A would make more sense.

Edited by BatHulkSmash
14 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

Well if we get rid of DC-15As for the trooper WLs then it kinda defeats the purpose of a trooper WL, it the entry class with default standard issue weapons. also the DC-15S would just end up becoming the new DC-15A then your right back to where you started.

I understand what you’re saying, however it mainly comes down to preference. I’ve seen servers only give people the DC-15S, and others give DC-15A, I think giving players the ability to chose might give them a positive view on how the server operates instead of just defaulting to one weapon.

43 minutes ago, Fonza said:

I understand what you’re saying, however it mainly comes down to preference. I’ve seen servers only give people the DC-15S, and others give DC-15A, I think giving players the ability to chose might give them a positive view on how the server operates instead of just defaulting to one weapon.

are you wanting a mostly cosmetic change? cause it probably wouldn't be too difficult to alter the DC-15S to have the same/similar stats to the DC-15A. this way each batts troopers would have diff guns but one wouldn't have an advantage over the other.

17 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

are you wanting a mostly cosmetic change?

Mainly a cosmetic change, or just a balance of weaponry. (DC-15A shoots faster but has less damage, while the DC-15S has a slower fire rate, but hits harder)

• Agree 1
45 minutes ago, Fonza said:

Mainly a cosmetic change, or just a balance of weaponry. (DC-15A shoots faster but has less damage, while the DC-15S has a slower fire rate, but hits harder)

gotcha in that case i agree, +1  but i wouldn't change both factions

Edited by BatHulkSmash
  • Community Director

RbIteqp.png
ACCEPTED
Thank you for your suggestion, we have accepted your suggestion. However please note the acceptance of your suggestion, does not guarantee implementation. Server Management and Development have the right to reject an approve suggestion, or modify an accepted suggestion for more practical implementation/overall conformity with server direction.

Thank you.

@Ziggy lock and move.

• Like 1