Festive - GM application x2

In-game name: Festive
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:513391815
Warns: 0.
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 81 hours
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None.
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None.
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Little bit of background: I've already made an application two weeks ago where I answered this box with statements of my experience with role play and my TTT experience but this is a different application, so all though those things are attributes of mine, I don't want to repeat those statements. So, I'm going to continue on.

Being a Game Master comes with the responsibilities of your role. The capability of me to handle this responsibility was brought up on my last application by tdizz, since my medical license was revoked by garnet for bacta grenade spam. I don't want to say I became a different person because I didn't cry too hard over losing a medical license for throwing healing grenades, but being a Game Master comes with more responsibility then being medically certified and with more responsibility I would put fourth more effort to not break that expectation. As mentioned previously, I staff on the TTT branch of Garnet Gaming. I am able to handle the responsibility there, so I believe I can handle it here as well.

When it comes to being a Game Master, what I see a lot of time is redundant things during the events that doesn't go anywhere. If I was Game Master, I'd try to make actions in rp to affect the event over all instead of menial work that doesn't affect anything. I believe part of the problem is that the rp side of the event comes after the combat part, when they should be together. Instead of "kill guys then defuse bomb" make it you have to defend the bomb defuse while CIS push into you, which turned a originally attack mission to a defense one as you attempt to fend off the CIS and make it back to base or any other way to make the event less straight foward.

Another thing I notice is events that don't have anything that make them different or stand out from another. I understand the importance of standard go to point A, kill droids, go back to base but all though my event ideas will not always be totally unique, they will have extra attributes that will not only differentiate them from the others but make them more interesting as well.

My event idea's will tie into this aspect of events, where role play and game play are mixed, becoming better in the process. If I was on the Game Master team, I would attempt to do this and more (Event Characters, more use of certifications, ect) 

This is my second application. The first one was denied because "[I didn't get] involved in roleplay and basically making yourself well known throughout the server... your answers for the questions explaining why we should choose you and your answers for explaining the responsibilities for a gamemaster aren't well developed... Paragraphs are typically 5-6 sentences" Since then, I have made myself known to if not everyone, quite a few people the server; done bomb defusals, scouting patrols, and multiple event characters. For the problems with my application, I believe I have at least fixed the length.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Banned once for RDM + leave on TTT 6+ months ago, accidental.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: An hour or two a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Keep players engaged with the server weather it's through event, passive rp, sims. Gamemasters also have to represent the rp side of the server properly, less turn new players away or ruin the quality of events.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would put more focus on the roles of the battalions during events so each battalion gets more accurate use and put more focus on non straight forward events. Another thing would be more utilization of event characters and rp, more creative scenarios, and events that can lead into one another.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:

[Trifold Conflict]  Anaxes forces are called to a nearby planet to retake it during a moment of weakness since CIS divert many of their forces from the planet to other locations. During this, local trained and armed civilians attempt to take advantage of this conflict, to remove any sovereign rule over their planet. Republic forces will assault the base, CIS will defend their stronghold, while Rebels fight both parties. Rebels will be made up of EC's, CIS will also have a few EC's but less then the Rocal faction. The map will be the coruscant city.

I think what makes this event stand out is not only that it takes place on a different map, but also that it can go three ways. Only so many respawns will be allowed when the real fighting starts, last faction alive wins the event. This may be hard to pull of due to the size and lack of predictability, but that's why it's my big event idea. Now, the odds should be in the republic's favor but clones should have to play well to win this fight. 

Restrictions: 

-Jedi cannot have >1500 hp nor should they be fpk'd upon death. 

-Harming non hostile civilians (npc's)

-intense amounts of team killing

Winning conditions: being last faction alive. 

EC's: low grade/standard weaponry and a few grenades for Locals, Droid EC's will have sniper rifles. Again, the republic forces should win this but it shouldn't be easy. EC's only have one life. Republic clones will get (playercount) x 2 lives. Jedi will get one life before they have to switch back to clones for this event.

To be further detailed, CIS will have EC's vs Locals at a 2:1 ratio, I'm thinking 9 over all. 6 Locals, 3 CIS assassin droids stationed at specific points. The highest ranked EC will lead their respective faction, and be guided by the Game Masters.

Pretty ambitious idea, but I think it could be a lot of fun. Since this is pretty complicated, players don't need to be made aware. Once the respawns are out, Republic Forces can simply be ordered to retreat, all though Republic Forces should not be ordered to retreat until one other faction is dead, as so the conflict will have ended when they retreat (switch map to anaxes)

Lore summary: The CIS occupy a civilian planet. Since the CIS send the majority of their forces to a distant battle, the Republic forces start an attack on Anaxes. The civilians of this planet want to control their own planet and not be controlled from a empire star systems away, so they stage an insurrection while the two armies battle. Whoever wins depends on how the event goes, and can be expanded on in future events. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. [Interception] A small group of clones (EC's) set off towards Zeta to defeat a CIS advancement upon the base when they get captured and held in a unknown location. Clones have to retake Zeta, hack a terminal to discover the captured clone's locations (caves near village) and rescue them.

3 EC's should be enough for this. Basic Event.

2. [Mechanical Infection] A few clones are infected with microscopic "robots" who travel through out the body and deal damage.  Engineers and Medics will have to work together to prevent the microscopic "robots" from spreading throughout the base.

Scans will show where the "robots" are. Medical personnel will have to "open" the way to the robots, and engineers will have to properly remove the robots. Basic Event.

3. [High Ranked Injury] After a standard recapturing of a FOB, a high ranking personnel (navy/ziggy) get injured by a assassin droid EC. Medics must treat the injured while the others defend from the EC and drop pods.

Navy/other high ranking officer will be contacted before this event and will be let known of when they will be shot. They will have 500 health as to survive the shot. At least one medical personnel will be on this mission. Basic Event.

4. [Antagonistic Covering Fire] On a patrol, 41st/91st report to base that the Farm is becoming CIS occupied. When Clones are sent to retake the village and dispel the CIS, they have mini-guns fire down upon them from a tower built upon one of the houses. Clones must defeat ground forces while approaching the tower and destroy said tower. 

The tower will be destroyed through placed explosives by EOD personnel. 3 EC's will be armed with Z-6's on top of the tower. The window to shoot out of will be small, and they will not be able to leave the tower. Cover will be placed throughout the paths to village. This event will be about going cover to cover at strategic times to avoid being shot.

Health: 1500. Non Basic Event.

5. [Mine Sweeper (Caught in a 8 Tile)] A group of Clones head to Zeta to perform a diagnosis on the computers held there. Before they leave, mines are dropped from a CIS battle ship around the base and drop pods land in the base. The Clones have to survive the drop pods and escape the mine fields while reinforcements slowly chip away at the mine field. A EOD should be in this group, along with a engineer due to the set up.

Reinforcements will have to defuse each mine individually, which will stall them enough for the trapped Clones to face a serious problem. Non Basic Event.

Edited by FestiveCowZilla
Kicks suggested contrast between questions and answers, I agreed.
5 hours ago, FestiveCowZilla said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Little bit of background: I've already made an application two weeks ago where I answered this box with statements of my experience with role play and my TTT experience but this is a different application, so all though those things are attributes of mine, I don't want to repeat those statements. So, I'm going to continue on.

Im pretty sure when it says "no copying from previously accepted/denied apps" in application rules, it means any part of the app. That is essentially what you are doing here, so I suggest creating new paragraphs as your previous 2 paragraphs could've been one of the reasons for your denial. I highly suggest making some contrast between the actual questions (like making them red or smth) and the answers, it just makes it easier to read.

For now it will be a -1 seeing as how you are 'copying' info from your previously denied app to this one (feel free to @ me if you change it).

Edited by Kicks
2 hours ago, Kicks said:

you are 'copying' info from your previously denied app to this one (feel free to @ me if you change it).

There’s nothing wrong with copying information (you are required to do so for the information fill out) and I think a summary of my previous application isn’t against the rules. 

I’ll make the application easier to read in 8 hours, busy atm

• Disagree 1

-1 Had very few good experiences with you and I've seen you abuse jump packs multiple times, it's a rule made by Navy that you ignored. I have a clip of you doing it and activity Is low for a GM. Good Luck tho and I hope your Time improves

it’s been 35 days from christmas (around where the server came out if i remember correctly) and i’ve put 81 hours in. 81/35 is 2.3 hours a day. I think it’s more a problem  of “we get on in different times” then i don’t get on enough.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:58 PM, FestiveCowZilla said:

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: An hour or two a day.

two hours is fine for a game master, which is what i am applying for 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:58 AM, FestiveCowZilla said:

Playtime?: 81 hours

if you could update this with the exact time from /playtime that would be great

On 1/28/2022 at 12:58 AM, FestiveCowZilla said:

n your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Keep players engaged with the server weather it's through event, passive rp, sims, ect.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would put more focus on the roles of the battalions during events so each battalion gets more accurate use and put more focus on non straight forward events.

I feel like these two answers could be added to a little bit with some more details.

For the reason some people might not see you active, I commonly see you on event characters so that might be a reason. I would recommend playing less EC and more on your battalion so people can see you, if you are not doing that already. For now I'm going to have to -1 this application, but please @ me when you edit the app.

spacer.png

Denied

I feel that your 1-2 hours of playtime a day would be sufficient to be either a GM or a CT. I don't think with that amount of time you will be able to balance both. Most events last around 1-2 hours and if that is all the time that you can commit then you won't have time to RP as a CT, I am afraid that if you are dedicating your only time that you have to one or the other you will get burnt out very quickly. 

Feel free to reapply in 2 weeks

@Ziggy @Proggy Lock and move please