dizz - game master application

dizz

Ziggy allowed me to make a GM app

Did you read the staff rules: dizz

In-game name: dizz
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:561646867
Warns: 0 
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: | P172 ENG WO 6172 dizz has played for 248:41:48.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): Trinity, Twix
Past experiences as a Game Master: Was a game master for a SCP Secret Laboratory server
Why should we choose you over other applicants? You should choose me over other applicant because I can play very often and host events everyday. I also have very good determination and if I want to get something done or complete it I will not quit. I can think of quality events that I would think people would like and enjoy since I've been user for so long I have learned how people talk about events and what people like about them. I also want to make this server a friendly environment during events and not have so much hatred in the air. There are ways in the community that can be changed for the better and I want to be there to do that.

I have been very active within the community and have climbed through the ranks as a friend but also as a leader. As a person I think people should think of you in a positive connotation. Unfortunately I don't think people look at me that way because of the way I acted early on in the server. After I relied on the cooldowns on the ranks I learned that it doesn't take just sitting down and watching the world go. I found that hard work and determination is how you get promoted and climb up in the ranks and that's how you show that you can be trusted and worthy enough for that position.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details. No, I know the boundaries most of the time and follow them I don't try to minge and kill people for fun.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: On weekdays I'm on for around 4 hours and weekends I can be on for around 12

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities within a gamemaster is a lot of trustworthiness and determination. If ever a event doesn't go your way and you have to start improvising don't give up on what you have control it and make something new out of it. You also have to give a good impression for the community to show that you can be trusted enough will everything you have and earned at that position.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I can contribute to the ways pilots handle the air and know when there are to many or not enough it's good to keep a flow of fighters from different places and not all at the same time so it can be staggered for the pilots. I can also help for the certification roleplay because I have experience with the Medics, Engineers and a little with EOD I know what helps them improve and let them have alot of fun at the same time.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: The Jedis Unfortunate Event PT 1 : A CIS fleet has gone through hyperspace into anaxes and are planning an attacking the base after that the CIS fleet sends drop pods among the base and the clones must defend the base at all costs, after they defend of all of the drop pods that the CIS have sent they plan a final attack by sending a Grievous and a assasin droid to steal an holocron that contains the names of all the Jedi. Grievous gets into the NCC but fails to leave it due to all the jedi catching up to him. Little does anaxes know is that before Grievous got captured he sent the holocron to the CIS fleet.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

The Jedis Unfortunate Event PT 2 The Comeback: Grievous escaped in a ship the CIS sent down to him as a final stand and gets away. The CIS go into space to start planning another attack but Navy sends a counter attack to delete the Jedi knowledge off of the CIS ship. "Go to venator after debrief of the situation" We get into space and get right next to the CIS fleet with out own Acclimators on our side and starts fighting the CIS fleet. The CIS sent grievous and a few commando droids to try halting back the Clones and Jedi but we get the upper hand after a LAAT gets on the main CIS ship. The clones on the ship will go up into the command center and start deleting the saved data off the holocron and all there systems and destroy there ship in any way. Grievous escapes again by leaving in a CIS ship but this won't be the last time we see him.

The Killer Shipment : Republic Requisition Shipment comes to anaxes with large supplies ordered by OPS MDSM Daniel for personal use, it turns out the Navy officer sneaked on multiple CIS high rankings onto the ship. As the Requisitions open their supplies they get ambushed by the 3 Strong droids. The droids run around, killing everyone they see but staying away from major points such as brig, bridge, mhb, ahb and any small spaces. Eventually all the droids die but the surrendered droid (IG-11) gets captured by CG and gives in all information to the camp they have down (world name here) gathering supplies and making a temporary base to destroy the base. (leads to an off-world when next event can be held)

The hot thirst to win You travel to a snowy planet. It is cold, though not freezing. There is no life on it except for the one troops are supposed to extinguish. A planet that holds no values or interest, yet provides a great camouflage for one of the biggest droid manufacturing centers the CIS has ever created. Silence before the storm, two armies are soon to clash. Each man has been trained to be elite. Most if not all of them survived several conflicts. All of them are ready to spill the blood for their leaders. For now, only infiltration units battle with one-another over information that can decide the winner of this battle. However, the CIS seems to have an ace up their sleeve, something that special forces need to take care of before the battle begins. The battle starts the droids have an upper hand due to the clones being too cold but then they start feeling a warm heat because of the thirst for battle. The clones start fighting back to get the manufacturing center to destroy it but they find out that 3 dark side users have been deployed to the battle (number depends on how many Jedi is on). They fight the dark side users til the end and destroy the plant once and for all.

The undercover virus A group of undercover assassins dressed and identified as Republic Engineers land on anaxes and move towards the bridge to steal encrypted data. In their attempt to steal the data everything turns out wrong for them and they implement a virus into the systems cutting out the communication systems. When the Naval/Clones respond to this the assassins act quickly calling for reinforcements. Fighters, droids and an attack base-wide and the fight goes on. The engineers escape to the radio tower to just make it a pain for clones to fix the communications.

The Darker side : A CIS fleet hyperspaces in, firing a large EMP bomb cutting out all systems on the venator. The droids board the ship attacking while the ship falls. The troops will attempt to escape but the MHB, SHB and moonpool doors wont open because the EMP has caused unfixable flaws in the venator’s systems. As the ship falls the map will change to the Map with deserted ships. People start waking up from their unconsciousness, and they need to contact the Republic for a new ship and also a pickup from the planet. It's not an easy mission, since the planet is full of Aliens and a variety of monsters attacking them, they need to stick together. In order to survive they have to scavenge the fallen venator for supplies but what awaits for them inside is many creatures that are very harmful. They just have to push through with the limited supplies and wait for pickup.

Edited by dizz
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2

While you are improving, you havent improved enough to be fit for a spot on the gm team. Time and time again I'm having or hearing about issues with you. Just recently there was an issue with you where you 'forgot' to change your RP name as an EC, and ended up spawn camping CG and disrupting stuff. This is just one small example of the constant issues I'm having with you. I think one day you could be staff, but today just isnt that day. You need to mature more and take things more seriously and maybe then you'll get my +1.

FYI I've gotten reports of you killing someone and hopping in a LAAT to escape getting arrested. Things like this are what make me angry, now maybe it isnt true, but that kind of story doesnt get pulled out of nowhere. Are we really trusting someone with ongoing issues to not abuse their powers, and beyond that just do their job properly? 

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Agree 3

+1

You have improved your behaviour, even though I am not currently able to play and interact with you.  I am giving you a +1 because of your app, its pretty good.  But i also haven’t really heard anything bad about you recently. 

Your still a pro minge sometimes and a complete moron, but I don’t think you should be denied because of that.  I think if you become a GM you might improve overall and form into a role-model player.  You still have some issues, some people don’t like you, but what you need to do is stay professional during all RP situations no matter how funny some dumb idea is.  You should continue to improve in the community via. player interaction and attitude.

Edited by Skelteen
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

There has been quite a few problems in the past but I think you can learn from your mistakes eventually. I will give you a +1 for now and please do not make me regret my decision! I will put some faith you will act accordingly and maintain a professional demeanor before you decide to do something. I will be watching you as close as I can when I am available to ensure your not abusing the gift you are being given.

• Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

I've had some issues with this, and I still don't think you're ready. However, after hearing peoples counter arguments and such along with getting permission to post again. I will not -1 or +1. I'll simply state for others awareness. You have had issues as an HR with getting arrested a lot by CG which is not a good example to set for someone in your position. Also, the fact you went from WO4 and dropped down back to WO. I truly think people can change and that more time is needed. To me personally it seems like you are really just wanting higher positions and not content with your current standing as a company lead for 501st's best battalion. Again, that's just my personal opinion but I'm not using it to influence my decision. As for now while this application is up, I plan to just observe more closely.

I’ve now decided further after hearing of the issue with 501st first squad I have to 

Edited by verbalcheatcode
  • Like 1

As of now I will have to -1, personally I believe you still need to work on your attitude especially sense you do shit like changing your name to acer the hutt with your job as injured fatass, and that last event is oddly similar to a recent off world.

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

You have had about ~2 months to improve your reputation and the way you act in game and while I have seen improvement myself, I don't think it's enough for you to get GM. Adding on, I see people are saying you might get more mature after getting this position, but I myself would like if someone was completely matured and not mingy at all before getting GM. If you're gonna minge without a toolgun what's gonna stop you from minging with it?