DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Simple Dupe Backup Tool

ChrisRid

• DarkRP Administration Team

I made a really simple tool to backup my dupes, and given the amount of times I have heard people say "I lost all my dupes" I decided to share this with everyone 🙂

All you need to do is open notepad, copy the following code and paste it into notepad, then click save-as and name it "Dupe Backup Tool.bat" (without the quotes).
Just double check to make sure that your "advdupe2" folder is the same file-path as is in the code. If it's not, change the code to match your file path that you have (in the first set of quotes after xcopy)

@echo off
title Dupe Backup Tool
echo Backing up Adv. Duplicator 2 Folder....
echo.
xcopy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\data\advdupe2" "%~dp0\Dupe Backup Folder\" /s /v /y
echo.
echo Copy complete.
echo Press any key to exit....
pause > nul

After saving in notepad, you should see a new Windows Batch File (as shown below) in whatever directory you saved it in.

To use the tool, double-click the file and it will automatically create a new folder called "Dupe Backup Folder" and copy your entire Dupe folder into the same directory that you saved the tool in, as shown below.

7T4xaZT.png

And you're done! 👍 Just run this every now and then to keep your backup folder up to date with any new dupes you save. 

Archived