Removal of Grenades from US Green Beret : Breacher

Frosty

3 hours ago, Lucher said:

I have an idea for this.

How about we do what shrugger says and give the Seals Flashbangs or Concussions, or anything that stuns the enemy.

How can we appeal the unbalance between one tactical & one lethal on US vs the one lethal on RU?

Give a tactical grenade to GRU to balance it out, or Vega, either one works really.

GRU is s sniping faction. It would need to be Vega. 

9 hours ago, Lucher said:

I have an idea for this.

How about we do what shrugger says and give the Seals Flashbangs or Concussions, or anything that stuns the enemy.

How can we appeal the unbalance between one tactical & one lethal on US vs the one lethal on RU?

Give a tactical grenade to GRU to balance it out, or Vega, either one works really.

I disagree.

We shouldn't be giving handouts to all different factions - the server is balanced in that part. I'm just simply asking for the removal of the GB grenade to try and balance the GRENADE aspect of the server.

Edited by Frosty
im stupid and failed to correctly spell the word "that"
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Fier said:

Rather than the removal of just grenades, why not just completely remove the Breacher class from GB? Or go with what Shrugger has just mentioned about giving SEALS flashbangs instead. Or whatever other suggestion someone may come up with. I'm not -1'ing or +1'ing since it doesn't affect me personally (but will affect my other GB mates) and because I believe that simply removing grenades is not a solution to the problem. If you want balancing on the server then you need to understand there is more to it than just removing a grenade class. The AEK is almost as good as the M95 at long range. In fact, the AEK has the stats and capability of getting RNG that allows a player to constantly jump and get a lucky one-tap headshot around a corner; something not possible with any other guns to my knowledge. SMGs in general (except for the SEAL MP5) are all messed up because of the tickrate being highered. And I understand the importance that is balancing for RU. You guys are still outnumbered (although it is much less now, as more often than not both sides are equal in total numbers) even after setting the default class to RU recruit. US has more classes (since US has more factions total because of our numbers).

Alright - so, the point of balancing is to try and make war time as enjoyable and fair as it can possibly be, right? How would evening out the classes so that the amount of people on both sides have a similar amount of access to grenades not be fair? You're bringing up a bunch of irrelevant points that have no meaning to the post itself.

The problem is, most of the US want compensation if GB loses their grenades, even though 

A. US outnumbers RU every war (Even though the spawn room is Ru RR)

B. US Tends to win almost every war to the point where we have orders not to push up in order to make it fair

C. RU has fewer classes with grenades and fewer classes in general, the largest RU soc faction takes the most hits from the grenades (SSO, from my experiences they're a close range faction)

D. GB can have more than 10 nades thrown in comms clearing everyone inside, or having 10 nades in fac clearing everyone inside and retaking the objective. 3 people should not be able to retake an objective full of 15+ people

• 300 IQ 1
On 9/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, Alex Conway said:

it is given to very few in the faction and rarely ever has all 3 people on.

Almost everybody in GB has breacher, from what I've seen as GB, there were only about 2-3 non SPC without breacher 

• Winner 1
10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Alright - so, the point of balancing is to try and make war time as enjoyable and fair as it can possibly be, right? How would evening out the classes so that the amount of people on both sides have a similar amount of access to grenades not be fair? You're bringing up a bunch of irrelevant points that have no meaning to the post itself.

That was not the point of my post, I apologize if it looked that way. I was just bringing up the other existing balancing issues at the moment, although I agree that RU takes high priority over all of it. I was just suggesting a possible alternative* than just "remove grenades from Breacher".

* Alternative does not mean any type of compensation in terms of my post.

Edited by Fier
Defined what I mean as alternative
  • Winner 1

I think conway touched on this, but instead of just saying get rid of GBs nades, how about you propose a replacement. 

Getting rid of nades, just to leave a class with a shitty shotgun doesn't seem fair imo. 

Edited by Mooper_
On 9/11/2018 at 11:58 PM, GG | Vandal said:

There are no more tiers of SOC factions, so this is irrelevant.

So with this removal, what would be implemented in its place? How would the GB be compensated for the power and appeal loss of their iconic class? Outside of some arbitrary numbers, there is no quid pro quo being suggested, just a removal. They are a CQC faction, yet would be down to a shotgun that is highly limited and easily overshadowed by the AEK meta? 

This feels more like a rant and less like a suggestion as it stands.

^