Boop's DarkRP Moderator Application

• Forums Moderator

I'll give a totally unbiased response without taking into account other peoples responses:

• I have never seen you online or have no memory of you, which depending on how many hours you've been active recently, could actually be a good thing as it means you're keeping out of trouble. If you don't have a lot of recent hours however, that might explain things too.
  • With regards to staffing you said "I know what I am doing" but you were unable to give definitive answers to both the number of bans you've had, and the number of warns you've had, which you should be able to find quite easily. I don't actually expect ex-staff to remember all the commands, and to be honest most active staff use key binds too anyway, but your confidence doesn't match the vagueness of your answers, and the answers can be found with a little effort. Being over-confident is far worse and more dangerous than being under-confident in my experience.
  • Given that you said you have a history of bans for "various reasons", I think it's important for you to show that you recognise what you have done wrong in the past and how you have changed since those offences. People can absolutely change over time, but in order to prove it (to me at least) I'd be looking to see complete honesty, an understanding of wrongdoing, and a continued improvement of behaviour over a decent period of time, with no excuses. When I say 'excuses' I mean for example throwing nerve gas so recklessly as to have "killed a lot of civilians" is pure stupidity in my book and I won't accept 'accidental' as an excuse.
  • Your playtime is interesting. Considering you were staff previously, I'm confused as to why you only have 70 hours? That's about 2.3 hours a day if divided over the one month you have staffed before, showing no recent activity. It also conflicts with your answer to "How much time do you have to contribute to the role?" to which you answered "All the time needed" which doesn't reflect the 2.3 hours a day average? Remembering this includes weekends and holidays etc.
  • As you said you were previously moderator, could you explain a little more about your time staffing on the server, problems you encountered and how you overcame them, as well as why you decided to leave the staff team after only a month? Previously staffing on the server is a massive point that could really boost your application, so don't rush past it!
  • Following on from having staffed previously on the server, I'm a little concerned as to why you have no references? There are staff members that have literally joined this month which I would happily endorse in a future application if they had to suddenly leave, so I don't believe it's about time served as staff. Was there anyone that perhaps you haven't asked, but might be happy to give a +1 on your application? Maybe reach out to them if so?
  • You haven't read the staff rules. As a returning staff member, this is quite frankly embarrassing! 

My best advice is to try and build up a decent number of recent hours on the server and engage with the rest of the community in a positive way. Then if at a later date you are still keen to join the staff team, you could use this alongside a decent and well-written application (taking everything said into account) and maybe with a couple of decent references? 

• Agree 1