Leveling System Integration (DarkRP)

• The Garnut

Hi Garnutters, with the implementation of the leveling system, i'd like to know in what ways players from each respective server would like to see it integrated. Please do not go off-topic on this thread as it may result in up to a month ban from the forums, this includes quoting someone and -1'ing or +1'ing with no further explanations, blatant personal attacks, or discussing completely unrelated features of the server.

Onto the point, for DarkRP I had the following in mind:

Leveling will be made much easier with printers giving out a significant amount of more XP, as well as weed and meth. However, reaching level 100 would still require a large amount of playtime (roughly 200-300 hours).

XP will be gained through the credits system, printers, weed cultivating, meth manufacturing, moon shining, successful hits as a hitman, and successful arrests/take downs as a CP.

Upon reaching level 100, you will be able to use the command /rebirth, in order to have your level reset back to 0, and start over. 

This is where things get tricky.

I had in mind that users who are 'reborn' will be able to boost their stats in a significant way, IE: 2-5% speed boost on any given class; armor on spawn, more damage to their weapons, etc.. However,  more prestigious and competent players would then have an advantage over new players who are at a heavy disadvantage, this could not only be discouraging, but also game breaking for them.

Leading me onto my next idea:

A non-invasive way of adding appeal or a reason to the rebirth system could something as simple as a change up to UIs for reborn players. Upon rebirth, your UI would turn from black in color to a glowing white, and your ui elements will be given a more vibrant, neon color. Additionally, your number of prestiges will be displayed next to that of your level when other players are looking at you.

Finally, having more appealing playermodels for jobs such as the thief upon prestige could also be a great idea, but at the cost of extra downloads upon join.

What do you guys think?

+1 to the second IDEA , I don't think the upgrades would be good unless there is a limit on how many times people can rebirth because otherwise they could be too OP.

The reasoning I think this is due to the fact that Donator weapons such as DB / Dlore etc are already very op in raiding scenarios and if you make them become a lot stronger then people would just feel it's unfair in my opinion.

Just an idea XP should have events such as Double XP weekends. If there has been 100$ donated to the server in total it will trigger an event that gives the entire server XP boost for 30 minutes or something. Credits can purchase like 15 minute personal XP boosts for the price of 1000 credits etc, could be more if necessary.

I think the idea of having new player models for players that rebirth would be great and possibly unlock new and prestigious classes that have added weapons and built in armor or something.

Overall I love the XP system and 'XP will be gained through the credits system, printers, weed cultivating, meth manufacturing, moon shining, successful hits as a hitman, and successful arrests/take downs as a CP.'  would be great to have.

The idea I also put out if it's stupid or something I apologise just thought of new ways people could gain experience.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, Targets said:

Just an idea XP should have events such as Double XP weekends. If there has been 100$ donated to the server in total it will trigger an event that gives the entire server XP boost for 30 minutes or something. Credits can purchase like 15 minute personal XP boosts for the price of 1000 credits etc, could be more if necessary.

I don't know if you were online when I was discussing this, I already brought up that idea in the past 🙂

You could pay a good amount of credits to trigger a server-wide 2x XP event, which will display your name on players' huds.

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

I don't know if you were online when I was discussing this, I already brought up that idea in the past 🙂

You could pay a good amount of credits to trigger a server-wide 2x XP event, which will display your name on players' huds.

Yeah that'd be great

Not only that , I reckon you could probably add a way of allowing us to purchase more meth stations or something when we rebirth the first time, since the XP will be a lot harder to get the next way round I assume since we've already hit level 100 once. I'm not sure if you're able to do this or something. But it could be like Tier jobs that only rebirth players can use that allow them to purchase more entities.

@Garnet

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Targets said:

Not only that , I reckon you could probably add a way of allowing us to purchase more meth stations or something when we rebirth the first time, since the XP will be a lot harder to get the next way round I assume since we've already hit level 100 once. I'm not sure if you're able to do this or something. But it could be like Tier jobs that only rebirth players can use that allow them to purchase more entities.

@Garnet

It's possible, but rebirthing will be the same difficulty each time, and I have no interest in speeding it up the second time around, maybe even slowing it down would be a good idea.

It's possible, but rebirthing will be the same difficulty each time around, and I have no interest in speeding it up the second time around, maybe even slowing it down would be a good idea.

Yeah maybe making it so it takes 25% longer to get the XP required for that level or something. So if it takes 10 seconds to get to level 1 without the first rebirth, it takes 12 the first rebirth and then 14 seconds etc etc If you understand what I mean

• The Garnut
7 minutes ago, Targets said:

Yeah maybe making it so it takes 25% longer to get the XP required for that level or something. So if it takes 10 seconds to get to level 1 without the first rebirth, it takes 12 the first rebirth and then 14 seconds etc etc If you understand what I mean

Your suggestion seemed like you were wanting to make it slower, but also add features such as extra meth stations which would result in a higher output of XP lol. I'm thinking of keeping everything the same, except say.. if somebody with no rebirths uses a printer, they will get 30-50% XP based on their money output, while somebody with a rebirth would get 25-45%

Your suggestion seemed like you were wanting to make it slower, but also add features such as extra meth stations which would result in a higher output of XP lol. I'm thinking of keeping everything the same, except say.. if somebody with no rebirths uses a printer, they will get 30-50% XP based on their money output, while somebody with a rebirth would get 25-45%

Yeah basically. I like the idea either way.