DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Give Battalion SGT+ the ability to build

Retrix

My thought process for this idea is very surface level and definately could be implemented into the server with a few restrictions.

My idea is to give those in the SGT class and above the ability to build. I think this would be a great addition to the server for the fact that we have a giant simulation room and you cannot build a single thing in it without the help from a GM. This can be annoying because in a late or no activity scenario this can give battalions are just the server something to do if a GM isnt on. For example, Its late and theirs nobody on except for a few active people, you could have a pre-build sim where it's you VS a ton of different CIS droids and you have to clear it, or the ability to create a PVP sim where it looks like a jungle terrain. Those were probably bad examples but there are other ways it could be used as well. If your doing recruiting for your battalion your able to create proper tryouts such as Breach & Clear, Environmental Hostage negotiation, Trigger discipline, targets to shoot at with Pilot or tank training, and countless other aspects.

Ofcourse this can most definitaly be abused which is why I have a couple ideas to enforce it. When you give building and posssible a PhysGun to the class you could implement a ghosting effect like what DarkRP servers do if you build inside a person. You could implement a SGT or NCO test so that you have to be promoted and take a test to get that ability. Or have to have reached a certain amount of hours to get the ability to build.

This addition would be great for the server and in my opinon have a chance of boosting activity for battalions because it gives them more stuff to do, whether it be building a training sceneario, doing simulations. It would be awesome because you dont need the help of a GM especially if one isnt on.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:47 PM, aidanpoppas123 said:

Well over 60% of the server is SGT+. It would be abused like crazy. It doesn't matter how you restrict it, it would cause significantly more problems than it would solve. There's also almost always an open GM.

The suggestion itself -1 . There are always spots available for GM

However, I have a much more reliable alternative for this, if SGT+ wants to build for RP purposes only (Training, PVP ect,) we can instead give them a Toolgun with the Advanced duplicator option for dupes to be used, however dupes must be made and saved beforehand in solo (sandbox)

17 minutes ago, Laroslav said:

However, I have a much more reliable alternative for this, if SGT+ wants to build for RP purposes only (Training, PVP ect,) we can instead give them a Toolgun with the Advanced duplicator option for dupes to be used, however dupes must be made and saved beforehand in solo (sandbox)

That's a good alternative. I think just giving them the ability to build is an idea in general. 

On 5/28/2022 at 8:47 PM, aidanpoppas123 said:Well over 60% of the server is SGT+. It would be abused like crazy. It doesn't matter how you restrict it, it would cause significantly more problems than it would solve. There's also almost always an open GM.

Not always. I'm on at 12:43 PM MST and the 212th couldnt get a GM to simply spawn bottles for their marksman training because the GMs were either AFK or just not there

22 hours ago, Retrix said:

Not always. I'm on at 12:43 PM MST and the 212th couldnt get a GM to simply spawn bottles for their marksman training because the GMs were either AFK or just not there

So the solution is to destroy the server with lag, abusable props, things that make no sense, and let nearly everyone use them? 

Unfortunately sometimes you just have to wait, the alternatives are significantly worse. 

Denied

I did give this some thought as I have seen it used on other servers before, however I do not believe giving this many people access to spawn entities is the right move. As an alternative, one of our staff members created a quest that will spawn in NPCs and an arena, that way it is all pre-built for you.

Thank you for your suggestion!