StarwarsRP Update [06/03/2022]

• The Garnut

logo.png
Server Optimization

Roughly a 7-15% server performance increase patch has been pushed, particularly focusing on wielded weapons

Slowed down the logic behind handcuffs to potentially break them severely, but also improve performance (honestly, we don't need drag functionality to handcuffs)

Whitelisting System

All staff members can now whitelist for Clone Trooper : Rifleman

Classes

Ahsoka Tano

Corrected typo in lightsaber class' name

Enabled Ahsoka Tano to utilize skills from the skilltree when dueling using a saber

Defensive form was replaced with Arrogant

Kellers Unit : Leader

Handcuffs added onto loadout

104th Dire Company : Overwatch

Renamed to 104th Wolfpack : Lone Wolf - no idea how I missed that one rip

21st Nova Corps : Tactician

Spawn Position has been corrected

Logging System

Removed all logging for NPCs

Removed all logging for fall damage types

• Like 7
  • The Garnut
19 hours ago, Stolas said:

"Slowed down the logic behind handcuffs to potentially break them severely, but also improve performance (honestly, we don't need drag functionality to handcuffs)"

OK, now, in English, what does this mean?^

I believe what sleep deprived @Nutter is trying to say is...

I have modified the code of the handcuffs to not run as many calculations every second (a great cause of lag for the server). This action may cause the handcuffs to work in unexpected and less than favorable ways - while, as stated previously, improving server performance. 

When it comes to handcuffs however, do we really have use for a 'dragging' functionality? this action could easily be roleplayed via /me.

18 hours ago, Nutter said:

I believe what sleep deprived @Nutter is trying to say is...

I have modified the code of the handcuffs to not run as many calculations every second (a great cause of lag for the server). This action may cause the handcuffs to work in unexpected and less than favorable ways - while, as stated previously, improving server performance. 

When it comes to handcuffs however, do we really have use for a 'dragging' functionality? this action could easily be roleplayed via /me.

So handcuffs no longer drag players, I'm assuming if a player is uncooperative then a staff would have to intervene and bring them to the brig? Keep up the good work otherwise😎 Also, I will forever miss the times when players get slingshot up into the stratosphere during an execution while handcuffed.

Edited by Kicks