DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

VIP and Universal VIP

I feel like StarWars RP server Vip is a bit to high which is 50 dollar perma if it had more jobs or more things for VIP to do it be cool but I feel like it lacks vs the other servers for Garnet. I would recommend lowering it 25 and keep 50 for Universal VIP this way that DarkRP is 20 and MilRP is 15 while Starwars RP is 25. Which would equal 50 and still give you a profit and give the players something that could be great for them when they want to take a break from one server and try another without losing a huge load of progress. I also understand that this is the newest server and you got a lot to do I agree but adding more stuff would keep more interest if you keep it this high. I recommend keeping this high if you add more jobs for VIP cause right now all I see is Jedi, Mando, Mastiff and the Droids. Droids are rarely used by the VIP's I feel like making different things like 10 dollars for being any of the Droids 10 dollars for Jedi ETC. Also Universal VIP is only meant for Gmod not for rust or any other game just for Gmod you can do this on the other games too which isn't a bad idea but I feel like that lowering will make more people look into buying and makes it being able to be used by others and hence bring more money in for the servers to be used.

Universal VIP would be quite hard to do with the current state of the donation store. If I’m correct SWRP is the only server without VIP tiers. I can’t speak for DRP but with MRP the highest tier donator is $75 which is higher than SWRP but T2 is just $35. This also means unless you paid a lot more than $50, a lot of money would be lost from getting it on every server. Also, one thing I really found to enjoy about the server when first joining was how little you needed to donate for. Compared to many other servers which restrict a ton of things on the server to VIP, I personally think the Jedi and Mando VIP situation works great. Coming from MRP, something I also really didn’t like on there was the amount of good items or classes you could donate for without working towards at all.

• Informative 1
4 minutes ago, Geoffy said:

Universal VIP would be quite hard to do with the current state of the donation store. If I’m correct SWRP is the only server without VIP tiers. I can’t speak for DRP but with MRP the highest tier donator is $75 which is higher than SWRP but T2 is just $35. This also means unless you paid a lot more than $50, a lot of money would be lost from getting it on every server. Also, one thing I really found to enjoy about the server when first joining was how little you needed to donate for. Compared to many other servers which restrict a ton of things on the server to VIP, I personally think the Jedi and Mando VIP situation works great. Coming from MRP, something I also really didn’t like on there was the amount of good items or classes you could donate for without working towards at all.

I see what your saying but very little to get started by maybe the monthly donates will cost more than perma which for other can break someone wallet in the long run if they forget to turn it off while buying one time and perma without buying many types can be a pain and make others turn away from buying I feel like it being lowered would do Universal VIP is just a idea it can be changed My main goal is to lower SWRP donate to lower cost. There are only 2 jobs that are actually used which is Jedi and Mando's but they got limits the droids are rarely used by players as well as the Mastiff reason I suggested a lower in the cost and through a idea up for Universal that is up to who makes the decisions but I feel like lowering the price might bring more buyers or might make people think about getting then turning away at 50 dollars

I definitely understand the logic behind the VIP costing too much, some other things could definitely be added. As long as whatever is added isn’t so much that people who can’t afford VIP or are new don’t feel left out. Also i think the 1 month VIP solves a solution not mentioned. Obviously if you knew you wanted to be around in the server for some time you would probably buy permanent, provided whoever can afford it. What the 1 month VIP adds is the ability to just drop 5 bucks to get a feel for the server itself as well as to see if the person wants to be in mando or jedi. Another thing I neglected to mention is anything that is added as far as a VIP faction might result in the community getting further segmented.

2 hours ago, Geoffy said:

I definitely understand the logic behind the VIP costing too much, some other things could definitely be added. As long as whatever is added isn’t so much that people who can’t afford VIP or are new don’t feel left out. Also i think the 1 month VIP solves a solution not mentioned. Obviously if you knew you wanted to be around in the server for some time you would probably buy permanent, provided whoever can afford it. What the 1 month VIP adds is the ability to just drop 5 bucks to get a feel for the server itself as well as to see if the person wants to be in mando or jedi. Another thing I neglected to mention is anything that is added as far as a VIP faction might result in the community getting further segmented.

I hear but in 10 months you all ready paid for Perma in that since once you pay for it after words it over pay at that point and if they lowered it to maybe 25-30 it might make more people interested in buying it perma cause I plan on staying till either the server dies or the I get ran out from a shit of toxic people or Bias people towards me I just don't want to spend 50 for perma when I'm low on cash and paying monthly could screw me over and I only get to use those whitelist for 2 months at max cause I don't got the money on hand after bills and food and things I need for my daily life.

1 hour ago, evilkiller200 said:

I hear but in 10 months you all ready paid for Perma in that since once you pay for it after words it over pay at that point and if they lowered it to maybe 25-30 it might make more people interested in buying it perma 

This may be true, but at the end of the day running a server is far from free. Running a server alone costs money along with expanding it or having people who develop for the server does as well. Obviously I don't have any knowledge of how much the server would cost to run, but I get the feeling its a lot more than people think maybe including me. In my opinion the current donation store works quite well.  Lowering the price of VIP significantly would also probably upset people who bought it previously. I think the best solution might to be to find some way to give VIP more perks, but the only thing that I can think of right now, is maybe a class or two that isn't its own sub-batt. Maybe just something that has different weaponry or something special from other jobs in the batt or server. I just have the feeling Garnet set the price to that for good reason, especially considering how little needs VIP on the server.

• Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
7 hours ago, evilkiller200 said:

I hear but in 10 months you all ready paid for Perma in that since once you pay for it after words it over pay at that point

If you're playing the server that long and continue to want VIP you'd decide to buy Perma instead of continuing to buy every month.

The 5 credit for 1 month VIP purchase would need to be repeated every month, so you'd be consciously buying VIP for a month 10 times instead of buying permanent VIP, it's not like packages get auto-purchased for you.

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Denied

We currently have no plans to change the price of VIP. If Garnet decides otherwise I'm sure his input will be left here, but as of now this has been sitting here for almost a month so it will be moved to Denied.

@Remake lock and move please.