BBC Clan Ban Appeal

Goobear

In-game name: BBC Goober | BBC Shturman
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:115578569  |  STEAM_0:1:538380396
Staff members in-game name: eXg Bluey | eXg Xuloo
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name):STEAM_0:1:50906656
Date & Time of incident:2022-06-29 - 21:54:53
Timezone: PST
Ban Reason: UMRDM
How long were you banned for?: 1 Week
Proof of Ban: 5eb8659e7800142d2a1510fc231ef6a5.png
https://gyazo.com/5eb8659e7800142d2a1510fc231ef6a5
What happened? (include any proof):

During BBC Shutrman's, and I, BBC Goobers time on the server on 2022/06/29, we were finding bases to raid. During this time we passed by a truck that was giving away free guns. It was brought up as an idea in our discord call and ended up being two separate raids killing approximately 12 players all together.

Why should your ban be removed?:

We were told as our levels are supposedly high, Shturmans being 50, myself being 49, that we should of known about the rule about raiding trucks. From my understanding, it is still a building. Although the Moderators told us that it is within the rule book of "GarnetGaming DarkRP Rules," I have took it upon myself to inspect the said rule book and have nowhere found that we cannot raid trucks. It does state that we cannot raid Hobo Huts. This player was infact not on the hobo class during these two separate raids. So therefore, it is radiable. Given the circumstances of us possibly ruining the charitable efforts of the "Free Gun Truck," I do apologize for any inconvenience it might of caused, but does not excuse the fact it was never stated in the "GarnetGaming DarkRP Rule Book," we cannot raid "Non-Hobo" Classes that decide to build structures that hold the possibility of having printers. I hope this post reaches the correct audience and I do very much appreciate whomever takes their time in reading this. Under the "GarnetGaming DarkRP Rule Book" It states verbatim:

• You may not raid people who have a building text screen on their base
  • You may not build while being raided.
    • Example: Forgetting to place a wall, so you attempt to quickly fix it while actively being raided.
  • You may not lockpick or keypad crack until you have adverted raid.
  • You may kill the party members of the base you are raiding/CP if they are in the raid area.
  • You may not raid hobo huts.
  • You may not raid the cinema.
  • You may not kill nearby players unless they're inside the building in which you're raiding.
    • You may kill the party members of base/CPs and or people who are interfering/countering.
      • Example: Player(s) continuously opening or closing doors.
  • You may not kill arrested players unless they are out of their jail cell.
  • If you want to steal/destroy raided printers in transport you must first advert "steal" or "counter"
  • If transporting stolen printers you must still be raiding
  • There is a 20-minute cooldown if you want to raid the same player(s) or the PD once again.
  • Raids can last up to 10 minutes
  • You may not chain raid.
    • Example: Assisting to avoid your initial cool down.
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 3

A truck is not a building. the person that was in the truck was a gun dealer so you could of reported that person for failbase but instead you raided and killed 12 people in the process of the raid. I was aware that you didn't know that the truck isnt a building but I also noticed that you were lvl 49 which is a high enough level to understand that  so I banned you for UMRDM. my higher up Thomas even explained to you and your friend how it was against the rules. you seem like a chill guy so I didnt want to ban you but your level was too high to let you off with a warn or jail so the ban seemed like the best course of action in the situation.

• Like 1

Hello Goober and Shturman, 

Although I was not the presiding staff member, I was present for the sit and do want to offer my take.

9d7208e5970b5f938d692c2be2632fa9.png

1da138937690ca055e64b1eb0f71bd46.png

These logs show in total you guys killed roughly 11 people together (5 and 6 respectively) with probably around another 5-8 damaged because you each threw a gas grenade into the loaded truck.

The truck itself while being on the street is technically not allowed if not owned by a hobo, that is correct. If that's the case, you are able to report said person and most of the time they will simply change their class or move their base. 

As for a hard-rule, the closest you can probably get is this:

982770c0b7512f9c63d74ed5821750bd.png

A truck or anything someone builds on a road is not considered a building, therefore is not raidable.

HOWEVER

In this case, I agree with Xuloo's and Bluey's assessment. You guy's both seemed chill and apologetic. I told you both at the time that this could go either way given the staff member and given your attitude and your claim to not have known this rule (despite both being high levels & having large playtime) they decided to ban you both for 1 week instead of 2 weeks. Combine this with the fact that you didn't kill just one or two people, but rather 11 and damaged a lot more. And the fact is, while the truck was against the rules as well, you did in-fact commit Mass RDM, not RDM x1 or RDM x2. And to me, that's the biggest factor here.

Ultimately it's always at the staff member's discretion whether or not they want to ban or even punish you, but I think they made the correct choice. 

Edited by Thomass