DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

RP Factions

Tuna

On 8/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, Tuna said:

But this is the opposite. I would think of it as AFSOC without helicopters. 

If this was the short selling point, then I'd have to immediately disagree.

Seals will be used strictly outside war (think how MP currently operates) They will be used in events, RP situations : Such as hostage situations, events, and even small things like an intel raid. 

"We are going to go raid Afghan base" 

SEALs will spearhead this encounter, leading everybody in a specific and useful way. They will go and use their tools to grab intel/assassinate high priority targets.

Q: How will it work?

A: The Seals will operate very similarly to AFSOC, for example : They will ONLY be used during peace time. They will also be used as a way to spearhead and lead events. During wars, if needed could be utilized as a "logistics expert" who can go and lead the war (without leaving base) by giving orders 

None of these things warrant adding in a second-life, peacetime only roleplay faction. Existing factions, regiments, or whatever you wanna call them should be utilized in events and other roleplay scenarios. Bringing in a roleplay faction takes away any additional potential purpose those current factions hold, turning them into a just a title and model change.

Q: Is this just nostalgia bait for people who miss AFSOC

A: I feel that the server's events are more/less "shoot this guy" then leave. I feel that the Seals can have more complex events and give players who (for lack of a better word) are bad at PVP. Also having a strict RP faction can add to the character of the server where PVP reigns supreme.

Give them VEGA group to do everything stated above for Tali.

There has been a high demand for them to make a reappearance on the server and I think that this would be a golden opportunity to do so.

However I feel that this can add character and more fun to the server. 

This could also help draw people to be gamemasters and can strive for more complex and stressful events for the players.

You didn't directly answer the question, but what I got from these three quotes is a yes.

Ex. SEALs needs to assassinate a government official while VEGA needs to defend him with their lives.

Faction based events but strictly for a limited second-life roleplay faction? I understand that the point of the suggestion is to provide players with an opportunity to roleplay outside of sweaty Source engine PvP (without interfering with the other parts of the community) but isolating the two is a risky move that could result in a further disconnect between the playerbase (and including server content and general direction).

-1. I do understand the appeal, but I do not see this suggestion as beneficial if accepted. There are some other counterpoints I think I'd like to bring up for replies supporting the suggestion, but it all falls down to the same thing: you do not need another set of classes or factions to provide and participate in roleplay scenarios. Just utilize what is already here. And nothing is stopping the GM team from pushing a creative narrative/set of events with the current available content.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I appreciate the response but the argument is invalid. Being a second life faction that only operates during peace time, it would literally take zero players away from factions. And for the people who would be accepted is upto management not me.

That response makes no sense when facing a shortage in player population. Even today during a time when the server would be populated it is only maxing at 20 for sure. Just like army MP and AFG MP we had issues where people couldn’t put all their effort on both factions. I only was able to support both because I thrived on doing more paperwork. I rather have people on tali focused on doing tryouts sims and overall enlisted interactions then focus on another life while we die out. I like the idea but not the time it’s being introduced.

• Disagree 1
  • 1 month later...

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

• Disagree 1