SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:555365615
Staff members in-game name: Tali TJEN Yumz
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:535691965
Date & Time of incident: 11:40 | 9/9/2022
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: Self Promotion
How long were you banned for?: 2 Days
Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/9749c8042f2a68e34c18e66d086571ee
What happened? (include any proof): We were doing promotions at separate debrief, and I decided to joke around and change my rank to MSGT. Yumz intervened asked me to change my name alongside 2LT Shwade. However, I was arrested quickly after when told to do so and I couldn't change my name when the command was given. Once I was released from cuffs, I changed my name to "19D man 19D man" as seen in the photo.
Why should your ban be removed?: The rule for Self Promoting is that the 2 day ban occurs after a staff intervening and the rank still persists. As Yumz did tell me to fix my name, I was arrested very quickly by 2LT Shwade and wasn't able to change my name until after I was released. But once released, I changed my name and the rank no longer persisted.

• Disagree 1

You promoted yourself to SSGT without permission from an officer and then I proceeded to tell you that you were self-promoting, and you had to go back down to SGT. Then you brought up that you trained 3 people which is under the requirement to override the SGT cooldown, I replied to this that it was still self-promotion and to go back down to SGT.  Even after that you still argued with me telling me you trained 3 people, I replied saying one last time for you to go back down to SGT. You then proceeded to change your rank to MSGT completely ignoring me again. (MSGT is 2 ranks above SGT, and he knows that) and then you walked away. https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/AfNZd9xvdRg7X/d1337PE7XpsG?invite=cr-MSxIQWksNTQxNDM3MjQs      EVEN IF THIS WAS A JOKE YOU STILL IGNORED ME THREE TIMES WHICH I DONT TAKE AS A JOKE

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
12 hours ago, Yumz said:

Even after that you still argued with me telling me you trained 3 people, I replied saying one last time for you to go back down to SGT. You then proceeded to change your rank to MSGT completely ignoring me again. (MSGT is 2 ranks above SGT, and he knows that) and then you walked away.

As I went towards out of the room, I was going to change my name to "19D man 19D man" as seen in the ban, but I was arrested by Shwade (as you can see him run towards me). I had no intention to keep the rank of MSGT as I was messing around and didn't feel the need to be a higher enlisted.

spacer.png
DENIED

The evidence provided by the Mod (Yumz) gives enough supporting proof that you have broken the self promoting rule. He did intervene to ask you to change your rank multiple times, after being asked to do so you went ahead and promoted yourself two more ranks higher than you previously had put. "Messing around" isn't a valid reason to break rules, you're ban shall stay. @SirSmity please lock and move to Denied!

• Agree 2