DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

awp dragonline

Mittens

I know I am going to catch a ton of flak for this from people who want to keep things as they are, but I am going to go about this in the most constructive way possible and I hope the people that come after me can try to keep it that way. That said, I don't think the awp dragonline is in a good spot as it comes to balancing/ availability to others. I have been going through the roster of guns from every dealer that you can get as a free player and testing dammage and nothing even comes close to the power of the dragonline. I don't mind a gun that is that strong in the game, but it also doesn't need to be scoped in to be as accurate as a laser. Again, this would be ok I guess, if it was a weapon accessable to everyone. In the current state of the game, it is only available to those with the funds to buy it with real currency. As much as i think the term is overused, I can consider the dragonline can be considered a pay to win, as there are no alternatives or counters. I am proposing either a nerf (to either its hip accuracy or dammage) or an accessability change or something accessable that is equivalent be added that regular players can buy to stand a chance. I think that without some kind of change it will continue to dominate and we will keep seeing low police numbers or any defending jobs because its not that fun of an rp interaction when you just drop dead or even if you get the jump on the guy with a berret itll still take 3-6  shots to his 1 to kill him.

To those who love to use the dragonline for raiding and want it to stay as is, think of it this way. These changes i am suggesting may make the difficulty go up a little, but the ammount of people that will try to fend you off will increase, which means more raids overall. Unless its at peak time where people will try to print reguardless, I only ever see a handful of people even try it and when I ask people why they don't (even if I provide a base), they site this gun as the reason as they believe its just a race to make back the ~60k that it costs to make the printers in the first place. So by doing this I hope to see more people printing and more people raiding.

Community please be gentle and have mercy on me <3

• Spicy 1
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Mittens said:

Again, this would be ok I guess, if it was a weapon accessable to everyone. In the current state of the game, it is only available to those with the funds to buy it with real currency.

Use !tokens and purchase the AWP with your free tokens earned from playing. It might not be permanent, but it certainly isn't only usable by people who are supporting the server.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
4 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

Use !tokens and purchase the AWP with your free tokens earned from playing. It might not be permanent, but it certainly isn't only usable by people who are supporting the server.

I feel that 1 hour of use for what it costs barely allows you to cover yourself until you made the money back and credits given do no allow the use of that gun to be frequent enough to rely on that as an option. I also think that if you are farming printers for money and need the gun to be able to defend yourself for an hour, you might as well choose the payroll option and not spend the time on the printers and get more money out of it anyway. Many take this option because its more rewarding with no risk. There is no reason why you would choose the gun if you are in this scenario.

Edited by Mittens
1 hour ago, Mittens said:

I feel that 1 hour of use for what it costs barely allows you to cover yourself until you made the money back and credits given do no allow the use of that gun to be frequent enough to rely on that as an option. I also think that if you are farming printers for money and need the gun to be able to defend yourself for an hour, you might as well choose the payroll option and not spend the time on the printers and get more money out of it anyway. Many take this option because its more rewarding with no risk. There is no reason why you would choose the gun if you are in this scenario.

The gun doesn't go away after an hour, it stops respawning after about ~90 minutes. Meaning that you continue to spawn back with it for that long. If you're able to hold your base the entire time, you're able to keep the gun until you die.

The Credits system was designed for people who are unable to financially support the server are able to obtain these items in other ways. One of the most common methods would be to AFK overnight so that by the time you wake up you have "free" credits. This helps boost the server population during late nights and qualifies as supporting the server, which is why the Dragon Lore is available in this way.

Alternatively, many of the people I know (myself included) have used ingame currency to purchase a Dragonlore by selling that ingame currency for credits/the item itself. During a non-sale period, you're looking at around 15 million (though it could be more or less depending who you find) without having to actually pay any money yourself. You get a weapon, Garnet gets his donation, player gets their money, everyone wins.

Lastly, you're able to obtain these items from Gambling crates from !unbox. I'll say now that this isn't very sustainable, but if you're opening boxes and content with the other drops this is an effective way to gain an arsenal without having to pay physical money.

All that is to say I cannot support the suggestion of lowering the effectiveness of this gun. It's been this way for ages and still lends itself to higher-skilled players. If you're able to scope effectively, there are stronger snipers than the DLore, however it is unparalleled in noscope effectiveness so I do agree it is the most dominant weapon in the game.

However, with all of the options for any player to be able to use it, temporarily or permanently, I don't think it's an outright necessity nor do I think weakening prior donation items is a good strategy. A base built for the USAS is only behind in DPS by about a second tops, and many other automatic weapons make quick work of a raider. Build your base so that they must face away from you when cracking and it's hard for a Dlore user to even assault your base. I could go on about the ways around it but I think I've already over-spoke. I just hope this information is useful in some way 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I think Shank did a great job of summing it up, but to further that:

There are plenty of other weapons you can use to defend your base, in fact I didn't purchase the D'Lore for a very long time, and I was always able to defend my base with no issues. Not having a D'Lore is not a deal-breaker by any means and you can defend your base just as well with other weapons and base designs. It's just something that's cool to have if you have the cash to spare and want to help support the server through donations, but it's not the only way to get it either as previously mentioned by others (credit deals etc). Nerfing it isn't fair to those who've already obtained the weapon and I don't personally feel there's any reason to either given that the number of raiders/basers won't change and it won't noticeably make raiding/defending any easier/difficult, but will only upset those who've purchased it previously.