DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Pelef Ban Appeal

pelef

In-game name: Pelef/ pie.
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):76561198989550700
Staff members in-game name:
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:1:537913363 (Meurk was the one who banned me, however I was in a sit with Schizo Criteria. 
Date & Time of incident:2022-09-30 - 16:24:18
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time. (Atlanta, Georgia.)
Ban Reason: MRDM
How long were you banned for?: I was banned for 15 days.
Proof of Ban:https://imgur.com/unET8rN
What happened? (include any proof): I was building my base, to keep people from entering I had placed a sign (textscreen) reading "Building, KOS." now I was completely oblivious to the rule in place, so a user named Whacky Wiley had approached me and made me aware of it. I had removed it because of his suggestion, and carried on. However he had make a return and was prop minging in my base. I had shot him and killed him to keep him from doing it before I was placed in a sit. Here I was made aware of the rules I had broken, but would only be RDM. I was jailed for 4 minutes, and after returning I would edit my sign to say KOS. After that whole encounter, 3 people would enter my base whilst building and all 3 of them would be speaking to each other, however with my KOS sign I killed all 3 of them (including Whackey Wiley.) after such, I would be placed in another sit with Whackey Wiley, and the admin and him would vanish before I would be banned for MRDM.

The first 2 mods (in order) were Currently Baked and Schizo Criteria.

Why should your ban be removed?: I had received 2 different opinions from mods, and listening to them would get me banned because of their separate rules. I believe this was unfair and unjustified, and I did not deserve it. I enjoy playing this server, and have spent money on it. I mostly play with friends which you can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUR4nsLkm14.

I may also have a record for RDMing people. However this is my first ban. I had been jailed before however on most occasions I had misunderstood something or was oblivious to a rule which was in place. I also do apologize for lack of evidence here, however if you must take this as truth (you may not) I advocate for myself by saying, I love the server. I like staying up long nights playing it, and basing with my friends. Please take into consideration that I do tend to follow the rules. If you do not believe me, it is okay. I can really use a break from playing DarkRP often. However, I spent some money and I want a use to it.

And one last thing; I always read the rules again if I do something incorrectly.

• Agree 1

I banned Pelef for MRDM because he was earlier warned by Currently Baked that he cannot have a KOS Sign and Building sign at the same time and he understood that and did not change it. He was than told he cannot have it up not in a sit and said he will change it.. He never changed it and kept it up while killing people for going inside. 

Edited by Criteria
figured it out mb
  • Disagree 1
4 hours ago, Criteria said:

sorry was able get it into here 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

You didn't give me enough time to explain myself, you saw the sign but at least let me explain here. I was told by Currently Baked I had to have a KOS sign whilst building if I wanted to kill people. If he didn't say that, then be it. But I wouldn't have that up in the first place otherwise. Not only that, but Whacky Wiley reported me on both these occasions. When I killed these people, I was allowed because of what he had said. This is just a misunderstanding ultimately, and if you'd let me explain you would know this.

• Cringe 1
4 hours ago, Criteria said:

I banned Pelef for MRDM because he was earlier warned by Currently Baked that he cannot have a KOS Sign and Building sign at the same time and he understood that and did not change it. He was than told he cannot have it up not in a sit and said he will change it.. He never changed it and kept it up while killing people for going inside. 

This is not true. He did not tell me this, he told me the exact opposite. If he wishes to go back on his word I'll serve the ban, but he did say the total opposite. (I had no KOS sign and I needed to have one.)

1 minute ago, pelef said:

This is not true. He did not tell me this, he told me the exact opposite. If he wishes to go back on his word I'll serve the ban, but he did say the total opposite. (I had no KOS sign and I needed to have one.)

And If he very much did say this, it wasn't clear to me. Consider I didn't do it because I was ignorant, but rather because I was told to put it there.  (It wasn't there before and after I had gotten a warn I was TPed back and I had changed it, if there is such logs to see this occuring.)

On 10/1/2022 at 2:40 PM, Proggy said:

evidence is not an opinion, it is objective.

I had mixed up evidence and opinion, haha

• Disagree 2
5 minutes ago, pelef said:

And If he very much did say this, it wasn't clear to me. Consider I didn't do it because I was ignorant, but rather because I was told to put it there.  (It wasn't there before and after I had gotten a warn I was TPed back and I had changed it, if there is such logs to see this occuring.)

I had checked his sign before banning him so he did not change it. Baked had told me he was verballing warned for it and was still using it. I have the times of when I took the screenshot of your sign if needed. You were not able to change the sign after Currently Baked warned you to take it down and change it to just building. You were still using it so you got banned for MRDM because you are also a high enough level to know that rule.

Please hear me out.

25 minutes ago, Criteria said:

I had checked his sign before banning him so he did not change it. Baked had told me he was verballing warned for it and was still using it. I have the times of when I took the screenshot of your sign if needed. You were not able to change the sign after Currently Baked warned you to take it down and change it to just building. You were still using it so you got banned for MRDM because you are also a high enough level to know that rule.

Then I believe this is simply miscommunication from both parties. I am a higher level to understand these things, however I tend to be forgetful in real life and in-game. I often re-check rules before doing something that could get me warned/banned. I believe what happened was clear. I was told to add KOS (not remove it) and when I kept it I was jailed and after keeping it because of how I saw it, I Mass RDMed. However this all wraps back to Whackey Wiley, who told me I needed a KOS sign to kill him. I believed him, but as he trolled and reported me I only had the same thought in my head.

"I cannot kill him without a KOS sign, so why was I banned?"

Now that I hear what baked had said (according to you) I understand this. But with the miscommunication, I was banned. I really just wanted to play DarkRP as it was intended. I did not mean to break rules here and the evidence may suggest otherwise. 

Edited by pelef
  • Cringe 1
32 minutes ago, pelef said:

Please hear me out.

Then I believe this is simply miscommunication from both parties. I am a higher level to understand these things, however I tend to be forgetful in real life and in-game. I often re-check rules before doing something that could get me warned/banned. I believe what happened was clear. I was told to add KOS (not remove it) and when I kept it I was jailed and after keeping it because of how I saw it, I Mass RDMed. However this all wraps back to Whackey Wiley, who told me I needed a KOS sign to kill him. I believed him, but as he trolled and reported me I only had the same thought in my head.

"I cannot kill him without a KOS sign, so why was I banned?"

Now that I hear what baked had said (according to you) I understand this. But with the miscommunication, I was banned. I really just wanted to play DarkRP as it was intended. I did not mean to break rules here and the evidence may suggest otherwise. 

I'm sorry man. I don't know what to tell you. This is not a false ban and there is times that show you were jailed for it why not fix it. You knew the rule and continued to break it. I'm sorry you have to wait 2 weeks but hope to see you back on the server. Please fully read the rules. From my part also you were there when baked was talking to me and it was pretty simple from what I heard you did not change it and continued to kill people in your base.