Ban Appeal for the people's champ

sunnymuffins

In-game name: sunnymuffins 
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:61510234
Staff members in-game name: Xfish
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:435633424
Date & Time of incident: 2022-12-10 - 16:56:24
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: Homophobia
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban:

I said the word "faggot"
Why should your ban be removed?: It shouldn't BUT I play this server a lot, have donated money to it and do my best to follow the rules. I believe my ban should be SHORTENED. There's no excuse for saying faggot and that's my bad, I grew up in a trailer park in plant city, FL and I've evolved my speech to be much more appropriate over the last few years but sometimes that old habit comes out. Again, there's no good reason It should be removed but I believe overall that I am a positive influence on the server, creating a hub of entertainment in the positions I play (Mainly Mayor, PD or banker.).  I'll do my absolute best to not use the word faggot again, I didn't realize it was a rule or that it was such a long punishment for breaking it but regardless it's still my mistake. The only Garry's mod thing I do is play on this server so any leniency would be much appreciated but I understand if It doesn't get approved, take care 😉 

ALSO JUST TO NOTE I DID NOT CALL THE KIDDO THAT REPORTED ME THE WORD, I CALLED THE OTHER GUY "pimpin axe" THE WORD AND HE DIDNT CARE

2nd note, 1998 toyota corolla on 12/10/2022 in the evening warned a guy for using the word "faggot" so obviously this rule isn't a 2 week ban always

2022-12-10 - 16:56:24 Excuse me(STEAM_0:1:61510234) xFish garnet.gg(STEAM_0:0:435633424) 15-00:00 homophobia | SweetNSaltyMama
Edited by sunnymuffins
context
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 2
  • Forums Moderator

ACCEPTED (PARTIALLY)

With regards to your ban for homophobia, you have admitted to calling someone a slur which is against the server rules. Homophobia isn't tolerated under any circumstances and the punishment for such can be severe, with anything up to a permanent ban issued depending on the circumstances. The staff team have discretion over the punishment that they issue and 2 weeks is the average length of ban for using such language, although it's difficult to compare individual cases given that there can be many factors involved. With that said, I feel that a ban of 2 weeks is sufficient.

C2g2Agu.png

The reason for partially accepting your ban is with regards to the automatic extension to a permanent ban for ban-evasion, I will handle both of your appeals at the same time. I have read Proggy's post and it seems that you misunderstood that when your post was 'accepted' this did not mean your appeal was accepted, but rather that your post had to be approved by a forum moderator in order for it to be made public. I would like to make it clear that generally speaking, automatic console bans for ban-evasion tend to stick, unless there's a very good reason otherwise (which is rare). In this case and with the advice from Proggy's post, I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and reduce the ban to just the 2 weeks which you were initially banned for. Please bare in mind though that in future if your account is banned, don't try to connect using another account, check your appeal first or contact an admin if you believe it was accepted and you should have been unbanned.

KslWmDZ.png

Summary
Your permanent ban will be reduced to the 2 weeks which was initially issued.

@stretchy @Shin_Tsukimi @Glorbnob @FlameSoul @GrosCave
Please lock an move.

• Like 1