DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

basing rule change (post 3 of 3)

mossly

desc: ban nocollide glass

reason:

I understand advdupe being vip only, as it is abusable. That being said, nonvip players should be at least physically able to /build/ the same base as VIP players. Since they cannot use advdupe to dupe nocollide glass, it shouldn't be allowed. In all cases, having to leave the server to dodge tool restrictions is exploiting.

Edited by mossly
readability; i only got 5 hr sleep and now my caffeine kicked in
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

The use of no-collide glass is already against the rules as it currently stands 👍 

The no-collide tool is already restricted (not allowed) and therefore the only way of having no-collided glass in the server is via exploitation of the Adv. Dupe tool. Before anyone asks, if it was allowed, wouldn't it be a lot easier to allow the use of the co-collide tool?

Edited by ChrisRid
Added extra info
21 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

The use of no-collide glass is already against the rules as it currently stands 👍 

The no-collide tool is already restricted (not allowed) and therefore the only way of having no-collided glass in the server is via exploitation of the Adv. Dupe tool. Before anyone asks, if it was allowed, wouldn't it be a lot easier to allow the use of the co-collide tool?

This is what’s confusing to me, it says in the rules it’s not allowed, but just about every base is “rocket proof” with glass

if anything there should be a crack down on this or the rules should be updated 

• Agree 3
Just now, Salteeeens said:

This is what’s confusing to me, it says in the rules it’s not allowed, but just about every base is “rocket proof” with glass

There should be a crackdown for sure, because it is patently unfair to anyone who assumes (rightly) that if you have to perform an exploit to do something it probably isn't allowed 

5 minutes ago, Salteeeens said:

The use of glass is allowed, providing it's not no-collided. So for small bases that would otherwise be obliterated by rockets, glass is ok, but no-collide is not.

I think it generally goes unreported, so staff don't often need to get involved. But if people see a base with no-collide glass then they're welcome to make a report 🙂

• Informative 1

I think the people who use no collide assume its okay because I don't think it has ever been enforced honestly. Even for myself as well, I got the no collide dupe from someone and never really thought about it. 

I'm going to just make my one comment here about your 3 suggestions. 

1. I don't really see removing the 4th keypad drastically helping if the base owners are already in their base. I suppose its something that could probably happen for balancing, but I'm fairly neutral to it. 

2. Requiring bases to have enough space to have 3x players next to each other is going to be an issue. 3x people next to each other is about the size of a 1x2. Meaning even if you have 3-4 keypads that's going to be about a 1x6-1x8 long base. That can potentially remove a lot of base-able areas like the houses at the beach, or any hotel or apartment. New players already have trouble making bases  

3. No collide should probably be enforced. At least for myself when I make bases, I generally only put a no-collide right at the door so no one can shoot inside from outside, and I can't kill anyone who is outside the base.

If you want my 2 cents. I think for those who really know how to build strong bases, there is always going to be a disadvantage for anyone raiding even if your suggestions were put in. Keep in mind as well, that staff only enforce bases if they're reported. 

IMO, remove no collide. Remove any quick doors. Bases can only have 1x peek controlled by a button. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

ALREADY ACCEPTED

This is already against the server rules as it stands.

The no-collide tool is restricted on the server, and so the only way for no-collide props to exist is via exploitation of other tools, which is a banable offence.
With that said, enforcement will be increased to ensure that everyone is following the rules.

• Sad 1