Rick Rubs Moderator application

RickRubs

In-game name Rick Rubs

Age 18

SteamID (https://steamid.io/) STEAM_0:1:78254255

Warns : Failrp - I believe this had to do with a raid on my base. I thought that you were allowed to return and continue defending after NLR finishes, I was wrong.

Timezone CST

Playtime? : 113:20:00 (at the time of writing)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone? : Yes.

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos? Yes.

Referral(s) : TopG Hama

Past experiences as staff 

None, though I'm confident that my rule knowledge is nearly on par with anyone who has experience as staff. Not to mention, a photographic mind is always helpful when it comes to quick thinking and decision making.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

In these last three weeks or so, I have put on about 100 hours of my total playtime simply roaming the streets and interacting with others. During these seemingly endless hours, I found myself establishing roots in the community, adding value to the one-off rp name; "Rick Rubs". The people I've met here on Garnet Gaming are important to me, so much so that I am fully committed to spend further countless hours maintaining harmony among the players.

In addition to my incentive to become staff, being my love for the community, I find that I am often playing late night, sometimes running around the streets of Downtown Tits anywhere from 7 pm CST to 10 am CST. These periods of time include a dark spread of 3-4 hours that I like to call "Doom Hours" because of the abundance of rule breakers and the lack of capable staff. I hope to one day find myself labeled an Admin rather than Moderator so that I may handle these persistent problems and provide peace for those looking to get in some late night gaming.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, include details :

Sadly, I have been banned from multiple servers for the same offense; Mass RDM. However, despite an unattractive record, these all took place years ago, a time when breaking rules was certainly more enjoyable than following them. These last 100 hours or so resulting in a warn, due to a misunderstanding, is sufficient evidence to prove my newfound innocence.

Have you made any previous applications, if so when? :

I have never made an application.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? : 

With a sleep schedule like mine, as well as a passion for this server in general, it's reasonable to say that I can likely contribute something close to 21 hours on duty per week. Of course, there are inconsistencies such as work, homework, social obligations, etc.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? : 

I taught myself how to play guitar during quarantine and I cannot be more proud of the fact as nothing feels at all similar to sitting down and spitting out a nasty riff. I love nature. Hiking to an untouched part of the woods and setting up a hammock, speaker and array of snacks with your buddies, has to be one of my favorite activities outside of the repetitive bubble that is my bedroom.

Did you read the staff rules? : Rick Rubs

Edited by Rick_Rubs
Wow! This is so embarrassing, I cannot believe I had misinterpreted something so direct. You all can trust that this is a first, that I have never overlooked such a simplicity. Apologies!
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Rick_Rubs said:

Hoal, I really truly cannot find an error with my application. Maybe I’m reading the wrong page? The “staff rules” page I’m seeing only lists rules that do not apply to applications and my application follows, to my knowledge, the given format with clarity. More insight on the problem would be vastly appreciated as I do not know what I’m doing wrong, and it is my sole intention to learn of and correct my mistakes for future reference.

You clearly didn’t read them very well, look at any other staff apps accepted and see what they put there. But preferably you just actually read the rules.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hama said:

-1, can’t confirm referral for someone who didn’t read the rules. Don’t use my referral  again please. 

Fixed it! So sorry, Hama, I cannot begin to convey how unlike me it is to misinterpret something as easily understandable as the rule in question.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Hama said:

You clearly didn’t read them very well, look at any other staff apps accepted and see what they put there. But preferably you just actually read the rules.

Funnily enough, I thought I was going crazy, having read through each of the bullet rules several times. Turns out, with a wonderful soup of adhd and sleep deprivation, your mind can rewrite sentences to fit your prediction of the content. Crazy, huh?

Thank you so much for your patience, I’m sorry I hadn’t seen my error sooner. ❤️

Edited by Rick_Rubs

it seems your application hasn't gone very well so far and even after being told multiple times about where you messed up you still didn't read it thorough enough and i haven't really seen you on the server much either so for now its a -1

18 hours ago, WUBWUB said:

it seems your application hasn't gone very well so far and even after being told multiple times about where you messed up you still didn't read it thorough enough and i haven't really seen you on the server much either so for now its a -1

The majority of my play hours are anywhere from 7pm-7am CST, so I’m sure that’s why I haven’t been seen much.