This was an issue recently brought to my concern very recently and I didn’t understand how powerful a tool like this is.

The term the tyranny of the majority is a very real concept in the community. 

The other day I was chilling out in a channel on teamspeak when someone was reading the comments on their suggestion. Everything seemed to be going fine until he read someone with a a negative reputation and instantly disregarded their comment just because of their reputation. As if a positive reputation making a comment on post had more weight even if they said the same thing.

I believe that disregarding opinions because you don’t like the person is extremely harmful to this community and will lead to an overall worse experience for those involved. As adults or nearly adults I think that we should be capable of intelligent conversation without mass reputation fucking a person. 

Yesterday I made a post disproving a person comment with statistics that I had tested in game. Used a hypothesis, independent, dependent variables and everything.  Proving objectively that what a person said wasn’t the case.

Facts shouldn’t be met with five retard reactions.

If you have an issue with me talk to me and we can work it out, don’t censor my ideas. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

My argument was always about the M4 it never had anything to do with the AEK. I even said in the very next post that if the AEK needed a nerf then nerf it but leave the other AR’s alone.

To which i still received 3 retarded reactions.

And what exactly was stupid about stating that the M4, M16, GB M4 had a max damage of 88 close range headshot.

If you have an opinion on the matter share it rather than being immature and sticking out your tongue at the suggestion process. 

@.br0ken

Edited by Scotti
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
1 hour ago, .br0ken said:

" i think its ok where it is considering the price tag. "

And bringing in the M4 in an argument about the AEK ( Even though M4/M16 are unbalanced if we're gonna compare it to the AK-47 ) is something stupid in the eyes of some people.

The argument? The post is about all AR's being nerfed. I brought up a conversation of how the M4 is not OP. The donators should be better than soc weapons I havent been consistently losing battles to AEK's. So im going to say in my experience the gun is right where it should be. 

To @Dillan saying reputation is earned is laughable. I had 3+ before this single suggestion and because of my opinions on the matter I am -15. You think getting -18 on one post for believing AR's arent OP is earned?

To @Flacko  the reputation system gives more weight to what people say, disregarding a persons comments exclusively because they are of low reputation whether they are doing it consciously or unconsciously.

Something I noticed when writing my post about buffing the M4 was that this forum and the comments on it usually have nothing to do with actual logic or forward thinking but everything to do with whether it directly benefits the person making the comment.

Oh buff the marine M4 so its just as good as the Army M16 Nope. Rework the guns so that engagements are longer making skill during fights more important instead of just luck. Nope. A simple skin change to add more prestige to a highly respected group of players. Nope

It just doesnt make sense if you try to look at it from an outside perspective. So many cool ideas are shot down because someone thinks that it will make their job just a little harder or even worse for no reason at all. This is extremely frustrating and based on conversations with players from even before the server was bought has been a plague throughout their time here.