DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Class Crunch

Ziggy

Preface: This suggestion was created to serve two purposes. Remove the most useless and underused class from each faction and to give firepower to SOC medical classes so that they are actually used. 

Remove 055 Brigade : Zealot. Give models/player/recon_1player.mdl to 055 Brigade : Healer. Give garnet_lmg_pkm to 055 : Healer.

Remove Red Unit : Militant. Give khr_toz194 to Red Unit : Watchman. Give garnet_fraggrenade to Red Unit : Combatant

Remove ISI : Assassin. Give garnet_carbine_73 to ISI : Field Medic. 

Remove US Ranger : Marksman. Give cw_m14 to US Ranger : Field Medic

Remove US Green Beret : Demolition. Give garnet_shotgun_m3super90 to US Green Beret : Field Medic.

Remove US Delta Force : Infiltrator. Give garnet_shotgun_m620 to US Delta Force : Doctor

"What about those infiltration classes?! Don't we need those to infiltrate??"

No, allow any class from either T1 faction to participate in infiltration. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 8

+1 I like this idea, its cool to have so many classes in each faction but at the same time there are many NO ONE uses only for an event or something like to infiltrate. This would remove the need to have a WL that we don't need and give the medic a chance to play. I almost never see anyone play any Medic class (not including Donator class) due to its just a medic and a pistol. Giving them a chance rather then a pistol is a good idea and it would bridge more towards pay to win with all the donator guns and classes. When we did add the 2 new classes on each faction it was a cool idea that needed to be updated but now that most of them are useless there is no reason to have them. Honestly i would not mind to go back to 8 Classes per faction rather then 10 and give more firepower and differences to the 6 classes that they are allowed to have. If Garnet or who ever doesn't want to remove the classes just give them something cool rather then just a different gun and that's it. I also agree with allowing all T1 faction to infiltrate but could cap it to like 3 people allowed to do it at once or something. Setting up rules will be huge which its a gray area ATM

Edited by BrianTheilliterate

+1

Adding unused weapons to the current medic classes are pretty good! It helps out the F2P players who don't have money to spend on donor weapons but also want a class with meds. The big weapon issue out of them would definetely be the PKM ---> 055 healer. Simply in my eyes we can get it replaced with a shotgun or somesort of DMR. The healer class has infinite slots and in reality can easily be exploited if something like this happens. Otherwise the changes look pretty decent 

Edited by Shwade

Personally not a big fan of giving primary weapons to medical classes.

There seems to be a reason that primary + med classes are behind a paywall.

(Also having it so that all T1 classes can infiltrate can imbalance disguised raids)

30 minutes ago, Fonza said:

Personally not a big fan of giving primary weapons to medical classes.

Tell me that an LMG + medkit is OP without capping 

behind a paywall.

There is not a soul on the server that uses the f2p medical classes and having the only usable medic classes behind a paywall is really annoying for f2p players who don’t want to spend $75. The only players that would be using these classes after this change would be people with no donators. 

imbalance disguised raids

Change the rules 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Agree 1

+1 I like this idea because it adds an actual use for the Healer Classes because when you get into a faction with no permaweapons and there good at cqc there not gonna use healer but for Tali and US new players will use healer

Medical classes and various classes do not get used at all in some factions. However, I would prefer if we stick to shotguns with IFAKs, just because shotguns are under utilized and more CQC. (You have to be CQC to use IFAK anyways)

I find this as a good suggestion and could possibly help utilize medical classes on the server, however since I think that just shotguns should be put on these classes (No LMGs, Marksman Rifles, ARs), I will stay NEUTRAL.

17 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

My worry here is that nobody plays these classes if they have shotguns on them

To me, I think putting an LMG or Marksman Rifle on a class defeats the purpose of the CQC design of medics. You have to be up close to heal/defibrillate players, might as well compliment the design of IFAKs and just give shotguns to these classes.