Sailor's GM application

SailorDef

In-game name: 11B DS SGM Sailor

SteamID (https://steamid.io/) : STEAM_0:0:530397274

Warns: 5 (all but 1 from 2019/2020)

Timezone: PST

Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): | 11B DS SGM Sailor has played for 389:21:37.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] BenZ

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] N/A

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

If I’m chosen for game master I can provide fun and entertainment to not only the US but everyone on the server. I’m a well liked person that already participates in “event” rp in the form of my Loan sharking. Many people seem to enjoy it and find it funny and it's useful to players in need of money. I’m a creative thinker who has too much time and some fun ideas for games.

I don’t have tons of experience but I’m more than willing to crack down and practice and learn. I like to have fun as well as entertain others. I have lots of time and ideas to better the player experience. I don’t like the abuse of power and I won’t abuse them myself. I also like to help others (ik that's an admin thing) so if anyone has questions about events or the GM position (after a bit more experience) I am more than willing to help anyone with anything. I feel I would be a good fit for the game master position.

Since my last application I’ve gone over the comments I received and looked at other applications (both accepted and denied) and I’ve gone into more detail. I believe this is another reason I believe I would make a good Game Master. I can take criticisms and take them into account to both better myself and my events. If a participant or another GM has an idea on how I could improve or fix my event/game idea I’m completely willing to try and change my games for the better. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes. In 2020 I was banned from MRP for vet mass. A few years ago the punishment was changed and during late Feb I was unbanned.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: As much as is needed of me (I have no life)

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To provide entertainment and fun between wars.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I currently run a loan shark bit in game for RP and if I get GM I’d like to further that as well as run the “Gun Store” for everyone to test guns they otherwise couldn’t.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 

1. US artillery raid 

My Idea for an artillery raid actually came from both the game Squad and Nelson. Nelson had us firing RPGs back and forth from the US base to the second roof in EMB and vice versa. I took inspiration from his low pop arcade game to turn it into an event everyone can enjoy. Two people will be taken to Shipment and given an RPG with 6-10 rockets each. An event raid will then be called followed by each of our “Artillery” firing 5 shots each. The rest of the US will then raid and have fun fighting TALI. When the foot soldiers are dead a /comms or event announcement will be made to fire the last rockets on TALI base and then RTB for debrief. (ALSO WORKS FOR TALI)

2. Document Retrieval

My document retrieval idea came to me from Warthunder. The Warthunder fanbase has a tendency to steal and leak classified documents. For my game a small squad would (insert location) and fight their way through ai and find their stolen documents. They will then have to attempt to RTB getting attacked on the way home from more ai. If the truck explodes and/or they die on the way back their mission has failed and the documents are leaked to Taliban forces. If they make it back they will take the document the the US war room and pass them off to (highest rank on).

3. Rescue the target 

My Rescue target idea was inspired by a rescue raid I did recently. It was a small group raid and we actually used our breach and clear certification training to get our kidnapped comrade. This idea is very similar. A small group of players would break into (insert location) and have to rescue (insert player) using breach and clear methods. The small team could have the choice of quiet (suppressors, no sprinting) or loud (breaching charge, shotguns). They would fight their way through ai/TALI to get to our comrade and take them home. (ALSO WORKS FOR TALI)

4. NASCAR

I think my inspiration for this is pretty obvious. For my NASCAR event it would be a 3-5 lap race around the map. My event could be done in a tournament format or just for fun. The participant could use a GM spawned car or their choice of vehicle from the spawn NPC. The participants could (if they all agree) put money on the race for a pot for the winner. It could also be a GM (my pocket) funded or just bragging rights. For the tournament style there would be multiple heats of people and the final heat would consist of all the winners to see who the USs best driver is. This event should be ran on lower pop to avoid server strain and to entertain those who can’t be on in the afternoons/midday. (ALSO WORKS FOR TALI but change name)

5. Protect The President

My inspiration for this event was an experience I had during a war. There was a group of 11B surrounding me shouting “get down Mr.President”. For this event there will be a convoy of 3-4 cars with Mr.President in the middle of the convoy. Our President (highest rank available) is going to meet an informant with Taliban intelligence. On the way there you’ll have to fight through ai/TALI to get to our informant. If the President dies on the way there/back the operation was a failure. The other participants' main goal is to protect the president. They will be attacked by ai and/or TALI on the way there and back. If the vehicles are destroyed they still must get back to the base with the president and the info. (ALSO WORKS FOR TALI)

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. Castle war.

I took inspiration from the minecraft bedwars My castle war idea is a team v team style game. Tali and US each get their own castle to fight from and attack the other team. For the event I would use the base of the castle event we have now but there would be 2 directly across from each other with a large bridge full of obstacles to hide behind. The winners are decided by who controls both castles by the end of the war.

2. Cod Zombies style event 

My inspiration for this event was obviously CoD Zombies. I was watching an og CoD video and the idea popped into my head that this could fit for a fun event on the server. The CoD Zombies event is a longer event and requires a lot of setup. It’s meant for 4-6 people and can be done by 1 GM but 2 or more is more optimal. There would be 10-15 rounds of increasing difficulty. After each round the players would get a resupply and health as well as their choice of opening a door or each getting a new weapon. The final few rounds would spawn larger ai that are harder to kill. When opening the doors they could find perks(jug, quick revive, PHD Flopper), pack a punch(weapon upgrade), and the mystery box(random weapon). The Final round obviously being the hardest would be a race to a heli/exfil portal.

3. 1v1 Tournament 

My inspiration for this was helping Tesla create his MARSOC tryouts. Tesla recently bought back MARSOC and asked me to help with his tryouts. One of the parameters for the tryouts was only one person can pass per tryout, so we came up with a tournament system to pit the trainees against each other. A 1v1 tournament is a simple yet fun event. It would have to consist of a minimum of 4 people and a max of 8. They will each /roll and the lowest numbers will pair with each other (e.g. 1/15, 22/47, 61/66, 80/93). They will all play against each other in a best of 3 style and the winners will advance to round 2 and they will /roll again. The winners of that round will advance to our final round and play for a best of 5 rounds. The winner will either win money (from my pocket) or just bragging rights (if I'm broke).

Thank you for considering me - Sailor

• Disagree 3

In my opinion, you have taken zero measures in fixing your character while in-game. You have come out to be extremely toxic, and I have experienced that first hand. All events are bare, I understand you can only do so much with events in a MilitaryRP server, but it's the same stuff I see on every gamemaster application. I am yet to be impressed, you are ultimately receiving a -1 from me.

Wish the best of luck to you.

• Spicy 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

I dont understand how ive been toxic. obviously im not perfect and have my moments but i try my best to be nice to everyone. if yall could tell me how ive been toxic i can work on myself but if nothing is said to me i cant change anything. please let me know what i can fix.

edit: i dont want to be a toxic person. i want everyone to just have a good time and not fight over some pixels. please please please lmk how ive been toxic

Edited by SailorDef
needed to add more
22 minutes ago, SailorDef said:

if yall could tell me how ive been toxic i can work on myself but if nothing is said to me i cant change anything

Do you want the clip I possess of you being toxic posted in this thread? or through DMs? Your choice.

1 hour ago, Towelieee said:

Do you want the clip I possess of you being toxic posted in this thread? or through DMs? Your choice.

this is also toxic... look i understand i was toxic to you one time but you dont need to be rude on a public thread you can post it here if youd like but everyone at some point in time or another has been toxic rude or otherwise. please dont hold my few miss deeds over my head when everyone else has had the same issues at some point. i have since worked on myself and im sorry for the way i spoke to you. i felt insulted at what you said about me infront of all of the US officers and i shouldn't have said that. its in the past i hope we can move on

16 minutes ago, SailorDef said:

this is also toxic... look i understand i was toxic to you one time but you dont need to be rude on a public thread

I was asking if you would like the clip posted in the thread or privately DM'd. You said to explain to you how you've been toxic to others, I am willing to give you a good example of what I am basing my -1 off of. There is no true toxicity posted here, it was a honest question.

you can post it here if youd like

As you wish, https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/11DWXkZrLNpCFD/d1337RVLEgYn?invite=cr-MSxBbkYsNjUzMzEzOTQs

i felt insulted at what you said about me infront of all of the US officers

There was nothing said between me and United States officers, you were upset at me over a FailRP report, which you had jumped in handcuffs during a Military Police arrest. You were rightfully warned and kicked from the server due to the maximum threshold of warns that you reached.

(Proof of the FRP act: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/11DUNDj9sBPo77/iqEubtpFZxmd?invite=cr-MSxHNXcsMTc3MzcwODMxLA)

Edited by Towelieee
1 hour ago, Towelieee said:

From An outside perspective and no offence to anyone here you did in fact call him shit and said there was absolutely no way he passed ranger tryouts in the middle of an army officers meeting not very cash money and kind of toxic. As a friend of sailors IRL yes he can be toxic sometimes but its mostly when he gets called out he answers back like every sane person does but with respect. Yes he can be an butt sometimes but he truly wants the best for the server i wont plus one or minus one as i have a bias just stating facts.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:17 AM, EricCartman said:

call him shit and said there was absolutely no way he passed ranger tryouts in the middle of an army officers meeting

Never once have I called him "shit". This is a very blatant lie, and if I did, I would like to see a clip of me doing this. I will admit, I don't think Sailor (not his fault, as handpick may have created a different outcome) legitimately passed Ranger tryouts due to the long duration of time after he came back and an officer (who I will not name) openly telling me that they are "going easier" on Green Beret enlisted at the time. Plus, the reasoning for him being toxic, like already stated, was because I rightfully reported him for a FailRP warn (which he was warned for).

he can be toxic sometimes but its mostly when he gets called out he answers back like every sane person does but with respect

Already provided the clip in a post above proving that he does not handle backlash with respect.

wants the best for the server i wont plus one or minus one as i have a bias just stating facts.

Never said he didn't want the best for the server, however, he is someone that I don't think should get a moderator position without fixing his character. And you proceed to say that you give "outside perspective" but go on to say that you have bias towards your in real life friend, you have provided zero evidence of him handling anything in respectful manner and go on to say that he is toxic sometimes.

And I am saying this with all respectful manner, I have no hatred for Sailor or anyone that is acquainted with him. I don't want anything I have said in this thread taken in a toxic like manner, I am simply stating and providing evidence on the points I have given. And the reason I am being so in-depth with this staff application is because staffing is an important role in the server, no application should be taken lightly.

Edited by Towelieee
Wording changes.