DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Claimed areas

Papamid

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

Time and time again I see myself and others die while we are on claimed areas, I have also killed players while they were on claimed areas. Yes you can look through the console to see if an area is claimed but when I killed a person on a claimed area it was because I got on the server after it was adverted.

For the most part everyone is reasonable when it comes to being “RDMed” on claims as we all know “shit happens”. A simple solution that can be implemented to easily identify if an area is claimed is by allowing players to put down flags on their area that’s is claimed, maybe even different flags for each faction. 

One way we can do this is by using the F4 menu next to the ammo we can put down our own flags. Additionally we can try and set it up to where only one flag can be put down per person, and possibly per faction, you must reach a certain rank, and a certain amount of time in game to use it as a way to try and counter people spamming it. Additionally there could be a “quick delete all flags” button for staff in case there are too many and there is lag.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2683239385&searchtext=Custome+flags

This is just one idea that can be implemented but if this is too much then maybe we can just use a pole prop with a 1x2 plate (or a bigger one depending on what the players want) on top that is colored in the factions “tab job color”. These would be auto generated and spawn in like an ammo create from the f4 menu.

please be kind I did this on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Smity_ said:

Make like officer can spawn this Flag or something?

because that would limit that spamming of the flags

Yeah add the Commander Whitelists as well so we all have access when it drops if this makes it thru. This is something I’ve wanted a while as well. After reviewing the addon itself though the problem of the flags images not being on everyone’s downloads can cause error texts, so we should make it a flag file that already exists in the server like the images for the maps. 

Edited by Joe1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...