DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

SUBFACTIONS AND SOC OVERHAUL

SailorDef

On 4/10/2023 at 11:06 PM, SailorDef said:

Green Beret is not only a CQC faction it’s one of USA’s many special forces units. We think giving GB a second subfaction to pair with their 7thSFGA would be easily implemented and give more reason to join GB. Instead of the Scout class GB wants to change it to a Heavy class with the M249 (COL approved). The 7thSFGA would keep the tryouts for the Breacher class and a tryout would be added for the Heavy class. The Demolition class would be thrown in with 7thSFGA and the Rifleman/T2/T3/Medic would be in the Heavy’s subfaction. Since O55th has a strong LMG and both GB and O55th are T3 factions GB could compete better against the superior range and explosives that O55th has.

Only thing I like from this is the LMG class. As the Green Beret LTC, I currently hate the situation where Green Beret is gatekeeping classes due to the fact that members can't join a useless sub-faction with a tier 2 tryout (I am the leader of that sub-faction, I know it's useless). Back when I led 055th, I had a sub-faction that was shutdown quickly because it was just filled with 055s most elite members, 7th-SFGA is the exact same thing just sugarcoated. I doubt that 7th-SFGA would stay for another month or so, let alone adding an entirely new sub-faction. And there is no way you're trying to put BASE classes for Green Beret into a pitiful sub-faction...

Also, implementing a new sub-faction into a faction gives 0 help with providing new members. 95% of the server doesn't even know that 7th-SFGA exists...

• Disagree 1
On 4/12/2023 at 11:27 PM, Towelieee said:

Only thing I like from this is the LMG class. As the Green Beret LTC, I currently hate the situation where Green Beret is gatekeeping classes due to the fact that members can't join a useless sub-faction with a tier 2 tryout (I am the leader of that sub-faction, I know it's useless). Back when I led 055th, I had a sub-faction that was shutdown quickly because it was just filled with 055s most elite members, 7th-SFGA is the exact same thing just sugarcoated. I doubt that 7th-SFGA would stay for another month or so, let alone adding an entirely new sub-faction. And there is no way you're trying to put BASE classes for Green Beret into a pitiful sub-faction...

Also, implementing a new sub-faction into a faction gives 0 help with providing new members. 95% of the server doesn't even know that 7th-SFGA exists...

If I'm not mistaken the point is to make the sub factions a more noticeable thing in game. I.E. Adding parts from each sub faction to the player's name, specific model  types for each sub faction, leaders of individual parts of the faction. Nobody knows about 7th-SFGA because its not in a name and no one who is in it is any different from normal GB players. I also do not see the problem with elite players being in one part of the faction? I assume you do not want your most skilled combatant to be playing medic? The purpose is to build different sub factions that allow players to draw on their strengths. If I am awful at killing people, then I will probably join the part of the faction based on keeping my teammates alive, or play something like an LMG class where I just have to sit in a corner and watch a door. Not everybody in a faction has to be of equal skill level. Just my thoughts.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Denied

Suggestion can be applied if you speak to the faction leaders.

Also please refrain from adding several forms of suggestions in one suggestion. This may be considered a "Mega-Suggestion" and will be instantly denied in the future.