DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

PIK Captain Olimar ban appeal

Olimar

IGN - PIK Captain Olimar

SteamID - 76561198294385902

Ban Duration - 2 Weeks

Reason - Mass RDM

Hello, i was banned for killing the same person 3 times (after they arrested me a good 5 times). They didn't say anything after the first and second time (and continued to try arrest me) so i assumed we were fine with having a battle with one another. Next thing i know, i'm in a sit and get MRDM ban for killing one person 3 times. Not really sure that's completely fair. I understand know that it works that way but didn't before so i would appreciate the appeal. Thanks fellas.

On 4/22/2023 at 12:33 AM, Olimar said:

22 hours ago, Korn said:

Please use the entire ban appeal Formant

I went ahead and did some work on my end for you Olimar, 

Screenshot_20230424_061811.jpg

This displays the STEAM ID that format is looking for from you (I converted the one you provided) and the one of the admin that banned you. It looks like a admin named "Stocking Anarchy" requested the ban, and "Wagon on that wheel" simply put it through for them?

Hopefully this helps you! Good luck with the appeal. Fill out the format Korn provided as best as you can, and the administration team should be able to help you.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
16 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

I went ahead and did some work on my end for you Olimar, 

Screenshot_20230424_061811.jpg

This displays the STEAM ID that format is looking for from you (I converted the one you provided) and the one of the admin that banned you. It looks like a admin named "Stocking Anarchy" requested the ban, and "Wagon on that wheel" simply put it through for them?

Hopefully this helps you! Good luck with the appeal. Fill out the format Korn provided as best as you can, and the administration team should be able to help you.

Thank you for the help Shin.

IGN - PIK Captain Olimar

SteamID - STEAM_0:0:167060087

Staff Member's IGN - Stocking Anarchy (admin in the sit) + Wagon on that wheel (banner)

Staff's ID - STEAM_0:0:570122913

Date + Time - 21/04/23 at 2300h (European dating)

Timezone - The one used in the quote above (most likely an American one)

Reason - MRDM

Length - 2 Weeks

Proof - Shown in the quote above

Incidents - Killed same cop 3 times after they arrested me and made me a bunch of times. They didn't care after the 1st or 2nd time and simply continued trying to arrest me.

Why should it be removed - Not fair that they switch on after the 3rd time (whilst being seemingly fine with the battle we were having) in order to WAIT for it to be MRDM and then report me to get me banned for 2 weeks. Pretty unjust and sad thing to do. Had they told me to stop (or just reported me) after the first kill there would have been no problem. Instead they waited for the obvious reason of getting me banned for 2 weeks rather than jailed for 2 minutes. Claimed they lost perks of which they had none, all round unprofessional admin sit and stupid ban.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I looked into the clip I have for your ban.
I had checked logs, and you had killed the person in question x4.
That's also not mentioning the fact that you were acting mingy during the sit (no offense).
I would ask that, if its questionable if the person you're killing is okay with it or not, you should ask them directly next time.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6YaLuQsBLepG2-4erTQzON3GUGBowlB/view?usp=sharing
Video is still processing, so you may have to download it to view it.

16 hours ago, StockingAnarchy said:

I looked into the clip I have for your ban.
I had checked logs, and you had killed the person in question x4.
That's also not mentioning the fact that you were acting mingy during the sit (no offense).
I would ask that, if its questionable if the person you're killing is okay with it or not, you should ask them directly next time.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6YaLuQsBLepG2-4erTQzON3GUGBowlB/view?usp=sharing
Video is still processing, so you may have to download it to view it.

With all due respect i don't think it's my responsibility to ask someone if they have a problem with me killing them after they've promoted the behaviour by arresting me repeatedly and attempting to continue doing so during the "battle". Therefore i don't believe that should have any effect on the ban appeal.

In addition, i was acting "mingy" in the sit because, as was the case, i knew i would get banned (the person who reported me is known for doing this type of stuff and enjoys getting people banned, after we were talking the day before AND they had prop blocked me while i allowed them and did not report them).

If we are going to start talking about responsibility, virtues and behaviour in sits then this should be considered on their end.

• Cringe 1
7 hours ago, Olimar said:

With all due respect i don't think it's my responsibility to ask someone if they have a problem with me killing them after they've promoted the behaviour by arresting me repeatedly and attempting to continue doing so during the "battle". Therefore i don't believe that should have any effect on the ban appeal.

In addition, i was acting "mingy" in the sit because, as was the case, i knew i would get banned (the person who reported me is known for doing this type of stuff and enjoys getting people banned, after we were talking the day before AND they had prop blocked me while i allowed them and did not report them).

If we are going to start talking about responsibility, virtues and behaviour in sits then this should be considered on their end.

This is turning more into he said/she said.
The propblocking thing would be handled more on an individual basis if proof exists of it, though I'm not sure who you would go to for any kind of punishment if you wanted a punishment dealt out since the time they've done it has long since passed.
As for them arresting you, and continually coming back to try and do so? Well, we don't have the other persons perspective on this, and since they were pretty young... Not sure how well they could articulate any points they'd make.
If what you claimed happened actually did happen, however; then I could see why you think you should be unbanned (Not that I entirely don't believe you, but we have to work off video evidence, here).
It's up to whatever higher up reviews this ban appeal on if you stay banned or get unbanned, though, at the end of the day. Not sure how this one would be ruled upon, since if the other person didn't consent to this you still mass'd. But if the other person also actively participated in this, then as far as the rules go... Not sure if both of you would be in the wrong, or if only one of you would be, or what.
Sorry, still a bit new to moderating on this server, I'm not fully aware of the technicalities of the rules.
Also, I know it was just being nice, but you don't have to say "with all due respect", I'm not really an important authority figure.

Edited by StockingAnarchy

This is all pretty pedantic now. My final point is that you shouldn't wait until MRDM to report or tell the person killing you to stop just so you can ban them for 2 weeks. 

As I said, they were engaging in the battle by running at me trying to arrest me. Pretty sure most of the arrests were false anyway, still don't know what it was I was doing wrong.

Certainly don't think it was worth the 2 week ban. 

At this stage we're a week in from the ban, can we decide whether this is going to be accepted or denied so that we can be done here and see whether the person who banned me gets away with their tactic of waiting to up the consequence from a jail to a 2 week ban (which for some reason is the gap between killing the same person twice and thrice...)

This is the level of detail I use when I fly my plane, not when I talk about a ban in Gmod.

Edited by Olimar
P.S.