Add Capturable Points for Raids

Pockle

Raiding at the moment has really no RP value at all. Roleplay raids happen but they take more creative effort than they should. Place a capturable objective in each of the bases. At US base place it in the US War Room, and the AFG point in the AFG Ruined Building. Giving players an objective during a raid would see a big decline in kill raids and promote RP based raids. Great officers can use capturable objectives to unite their troops with a single goal in mind. Whereas, right now there really is not a reason to call a raid unless I have someone able to spawn me a placeable bomb. If we want to promote RP we have to give players avenues to achieve that roleplay without relying on them to create new ideas. This could create a huge point of tension between the two factions, and possibly give players another reason to join the military police factions that are in place now. Peacetimes would be more tense because of the possibility of a raid on your base. 

These objectives would have a much faster capping time than normal war objectives. I like Reynold's suggestion of 5x faster than normal objectives. AFG base is small and having an OBJ completely separate from the spawn zone narrows down the options quite a lot. So I would suggest making Tali point capturable in a very small timeframe, somewhere from two and a half to 3 minutes. However, the ruined building at the back of the base is far enough away that you cannot see spawn unless you actively make an attempt to, and close enough to spawn that Tali can contest just as quickly as US can start capturing. Two new rules that I suggest come along with this is the rule of No Precapping and You cannot be within sight of the other teams spawn point. The first rule should not be a problem, the only reason you would break it is if you consciously chose to. Being within sight of the US spawn point should not be a problem, US war room is nowhere near the objective and should not come into play if the objective is what you are raiding for. Like I said before, Tali base is very small in comparison to US base, so US is looking at a much harder objective to capture. In my opinion, this opens the door for US officers to really take initiative and place people tactically and play smart throughout the raid.

The way that raids are roleplayed at the moment usually have people capturing an area of the enemy base and holding it until they are wiped out. This would still be a viable avenue of raiding if the officer leading decided to do so. If you want to capture US generator room and roleplay shutting off the US's power to the base, you are still open to doing that. If there is someone with the power to do give you a place-able bomb and you can get them on board for a 'blowing up the US War Room' type of raid, then you are still able to do it. Adding in these objectives makes it easier for players who struggle to create original roleplay raids. Objectives also give officers who don't give a shit about roleplay a reason to raid. 

I also believe this would give military police factions a shot of adrenaline, which in the best case scenario would give players a reason to patrol the walls and be active, not AFK during peacetime. This would also instill pride in players after a successful raid defense in the same way that winning a war instills pride in players.

Edited by Pockle
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 6

+1

This idea also needs some tweaks. Currently raids are very fast-paced, and can end in less than 2 minutes. This begs the question of what the objectives would be like. Would it be a short-fused c4? Would it be a very fast OBJ cap point? Here are some ideas though. Honestly, if its the same pacing as like a dark-rp bank robbery it would work perfectly. Possibly like a simple OBJ cap that has a 5x capture point multiplier. This makes it so person can cap 20% per minute. If there are 5 people who hold down a room / position for a minute straight, they CAP the OBJ and effectively win the raid. This is pretty fair for Tali since the spawns are so close. 1 minute may seem like a very small amount, so I recommend some testing. Also rules should be in place about spawn zones and the boundaries of where you can kill TALI and US, as currently both spawns are open areas.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Reynolds said:

+1

This idea also needs some tweaks. Currently raids are very fast-paced, and can end in less than 2 minutes. This begs the question of what the objectives would be like. Would it be a short-fused c4? Would it be a very fast OBJ cap point? Here are some ideas though. Honestly, if its the same pacing as like a dark-rp bank robbery it would work perfectly. Possibly like a simple OBJ cap that has a 5x capture point multiplier. This makes it so person can cap 20% per minute. If there are 5 people who hold down a room / position for a minute straight, they CAP the OBJ and effectively win the raid. This is pretty fair for Tali since the spawns are so close. 1 minute may seem like a very small amount, so I recommend some testing. Also rules should be in place about spawn zones and the boundaries of where you can kill TALI and US, as currently both spawns are open areas.

Thanks for the feedback. Edited accordingly 

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

+1
Currently raids are just an excuse to "RDM" (its not really RDM but you get the point)
With capture points it makes it easier for the raid leader to know if they actually won in the raid which can bring more dynamic to the server.

• 2 weeks later...