Change to Parkourist job/role.

Description:  This idea is to basically upgrade the Parkourist  job to be more useful. I would like to suggest a couple of changes to the Parkourist  job. The first change would be to make the Parkourist a delivery role similar to Delivery Man. It would be an upgraded version of delivery job where you could use the climb swep. The other change would be to raise the level to unlock to around level 10 as to not make the Delivery Man role obsolete from the start. A final, less integral part of the suggestion would be to change the name from Parkourist to Courier or something similar.

Reasoning: Currently there is no reason to use the Parkourist class other than to pointlessly hop around with climb swep. This suggestion aims to make the job more fun/useful and also giving low level players another way to gather xp/money in the early game.

Additional Information:  If you are familiar with the "Mirrors Edge" game series, think of the runners in that game as inspiration for this.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

-1: I agree that the class should have another purpose but I don't think suggesting a duplicate of the delivery man is a good suggestion, instead I would suggest giving it a whole twist and creating some sort of race system where you can race against other people using the climb swep for money and xp, but that's not what this suggestion is about. 

1 hour ago, Wendoly said:

-1: I agree that the class should have another purpose but I don't think suggesting a duplicate of the delivery man is a good suggestion, instead I would suggest giving it a whole twist and creating some sort of race system where you can race against other people using the climb swep for money and xp, but that's not what this suggestion is about. 

I get what you are saying, but then the job is once again pointless when server is dead. The point of the raise in level to unlock Parkourist would help keep the delivery man viable. Possibly adjusting level to somewhere around 20 would be better than 10. Anything is better imo than the way it is now seeing as the job is basically never used.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 

This idea sounds phenomenal. Like the others have stated I feel like if we made it similar to the deliveryman role (not copy-paste), it would add a lot more functionality to the role. I feel it would include things like using the climb swep to get onto roofs and such like others have stated. I have maybe once used the parkourist role and it was for like 10 minutes and that is because I felt it was useless. 

• 2 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted.

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.