DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[GG] Dueling System Revamp!

Garnet Gaming Military Roleplay holds a dueling system that is designed to put players in a combat scenario against other players. This dueling system lacks simple mechanics that can make this system extremely good and usable.

In this suggestion, I will list multiple possible additions/removals that can alter the duel system in hopefully a positive way. All these changes will relate to the dueling system.

The Teammate ESP:

Currently, in this dueling system, there is no way to decipher who is your teammate and who isn’t. What I propose is a system that acts like an “ESP” but it’s for your teammates. This would look like the old squad system that would give your teammate a bright green outline to tell where they are at. It can also show their name on top of their head, how much health they have, and how far away they are.

Maximum Ammo:

I use the duel system actively, and nothing makes me angrier than when I have to buy an ammo box mid-game because I’ve been destroying my opponent. This basically proposes that in a duel, you start each round with maximum ammo in each gun you have. This makes it so ammo boxes are lost in the duel abyss, you don’t have to waste any time and go straight into combat with your opponent, and gives nobody the “upper edge” when it comes to ammo.

The Leaderboard Fix:

A leaderboard is an accessible list that shows a certain statistic that someone has achieved. The duel system has a leaderboard option but it doesn’t currently work. What I’m proposing is that you fix the leaderboard and give it two statistics to show, how much money someone has won from dueling and how many wins someone possesses from beating others while in a duel. This can give the good players something to flaunt and other players something to work for while in peacetime.

Offer More Rewards:

I see this system that is harshly under utilized with the server. I think there can be a greater reward system that can be enabled into this dueling system. For example, there is an example and well known game mode on NBA2K MYTEAM called the “Triple Threat Challenge,” it’s a ladder challenge and for every certain amount of wins you go up the ladder and gain more rewards. The more wins you get, the better the rewards. Grinding for the rewards can give more reason to be on during peacetime, grinding it with your friends to see who can get more wins within a certain amount of time can lead to a good rivalry.

Now, I don’t know how these fixes can be added, but I’m hoping it’s not that vigorous of a task. But, at the same time, I think each of these changes can help make the dueling system a lot better.

Edited by Towelieee
  • Agree 3

+1 Peacetime is still boring even with people making great suggestions very commonly. If we cant get any big updates I do think this would be a perfect one to bring in. Would make a dent in the boredom factor and I could even see a usage for this in trainings/tryouts. Great post for a delta force member.

• Like 1
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team
14 hours ago, Towelieee said:

nothing makes me angrier than when I have to buy an ammo box mid-game because I’ve been destroying my opponent

bro is gonna break his arm patting his own back so hard

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...