DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Valor's Ban Appeal

Valor

In-game name: Valor
SteamID (c): STEAM_0:0:77748914
Staff members in-game name: Reynold, Supra (Idk if he is staff)
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): I have no clue
Date & Time of incident: Yesterday around 9 PM EST
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: NITRP
How long were you banned for?: 2 Weeks 
Proof of Ban: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1dO3lh78Oz8L0j/d1337QHiAz31?invite=cr-MSxta1EsOTY5NTgxMjks
What happened? (include any proof): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1dO3lh78Oz8L0j/d1337QHiAz31?invite=cr-MSxta1EsOTY5NTgxMjks
Why should your ban be removed?: Well being a returning player in the clip clearly this staff member had stated that my reserves were removed. However, I wanted to figure out more as to why but all he was saying was "hop off wl" over and over again. Then this was my first warning and I wasn't told anything before so that was surprising, considering im sure I get a warning or someone tells me something before it becomes an issue. Literally no one cared except these two individuals and I didn't know it would be a ban. I feel like I deserve a warning for diss in a sit at max, considering I hopped off the wl at the end and Reynold still banned even though I completely had gotten off and stopped talking to the individuals. Let me know what everyone thinks but I think as a returning player this was handled horribly from me I won't lie, however the staff individual greatly as he didn't explain anything just told me what to do in a very absurd way.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

I'd like to point what what has not been mentioned, the petty and manipulative behavior exhibited both in the sit, and afterward.

During the sit he is continuously attempting to undermine and trivialize the staff's authority. He first does this by running away despite being very familiar with this process as he likes to point out, he's a veteran. He then proceeds to ignore the staff's simple commands of switching whitelists and instead results to name calling and ego checking. Very simply put, he is trying to downplay staff's authority.

In his appeal comes the manipulative, he paints an entirely different situation than what has been shown in the clips

12 hours ago, Valor said:

Staff members in-game name: Reynold, Supra (Idk if he is staff)

Look back to the clips where he ego checks supra. I believe this is another attempt at doing so. Supra was the original staff member handling the sit along with care. It is very clear that supra is staff.

However, I wanted to figure out more as to why but all he was saying was "hop off wl" over and over again. 

He never once inquired about why this was happening. He was told multiple times why it was happening.

Then this was my first warning and I wasn't told anything before so that was surprising, considering im sure I get a warning or someone tells me something before it becomes an issue. 

He was warned multiple times by supra, Reynolds, and care that all he needed to do was to get off the commander whitelist.

Literally no one cared except these two individuals and I didn't know it would be a ban.

This is an attempt to alienate their actions. It falls flat on it's face because of course staff cares when someone is unknowingly breaking a rule. Their reaction was to inform you of what rule you were breaking and how to correct your behavior and you reacted poorly. Ignoring that, look at the next part: "I didn't know it would be a ban". So you regret doing it only because you were punished? Are we just going to ignore that?

I feel like I deserve a warning for diss in a sit at max, considering I hopped off the wl at the end and Reynold still banned even though I completely had gotten off and stopped talking to the individuals. 

You hopping off the WL happened as he was typing in the ban string. Don't act like there was any meaningful amount of time separation between these events.

however the staff individual greatly as he didn't explain anything just told me what to do in a very absurd way.

They very clearly told you multiple times exactly what you needed to do and why.

Finally, in an attempt at revenge, @Valorhas gone to every person who has negatively reacted to his appeal, found one of their posts, and negatively reacted to it. This can all be seen through the profile view and reaction history. For those who don't believe me, here is the paper trail for myself, tage, and squiddy.

TL/DR This pattern of petty and manipulative behavior should not be condoned with an accepted appeal, regardless of veteran status.

Edited by Toyto
  • Cringe 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 2