DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Danny the Doggo Staff Report

tranquilito

Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]:Danny the Dog
Your in-game name: Tranquil
Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): Tranquil(STEAM_0:1:198511234)
In-game name of reportee: Danny the Dog
SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/): Danny The Dog(STEAM_0:0:64563538)
Date & Time of incident:  2023-12-01 - 01:30:04
Timezone: Central Time
What happened? (include any proof):

Basically, as seen in the video, this YouTuber is abusing the "/me" in-game mechanic to convince people he is stealing their money. I am reporting Danny for his sheer incompetence in dealing with this situation. It resulted in more or less innocent two players being falsely banned. Not only was Danny present to witness this player abuse the mechanic to get one person banned, he watched the same situation happen two more times before saying anything. This is a very clear cut example of a greifing, trolling, harassment, loophole abuse, and even exploiting. The /me command is able to be used by anyone in the server, and this guy was clearly able to initiate role-play situations that convinced people they were being mugged which would allow people to kill this man. Instead of dealing with the situation logically by telling the troller to stop, he enables the greifing by banning people for being tricked which objectively isn't their fault. Furthermore since when do players being exploited against get punished? They are clear victims, and it should be obvious not to ban people for this.

Not only that in the past, he's shown himself to be pretty incompetent.

A quote from my rejected staff app " l admit then I was wrong because I was going off of what I was told a long time ago, but to be fair it was a 3 minute jail that was over with while you were arguing about it." which demonstrates his tendency to make illogical decisions. This is has been a repeat pattern of behavior, and I think a higher up should address this.

On the topic of my recent ban appeal, while I am disappointed it wasn't accepted, this has nothing to do with it. Although it could to some extent indicate the idiocy and corruption. Danny has displayed. For instance, on forums knowing this situation happened he lies by omitting this information, and he states I was minging as if he wants to pretend this didn't happen. Not only that he used fallacious logic to justify my ban. Logical fallacies are flaws in reasoning that undermine the logic of an argument. He used the correlation- causation and lack of evidence is evidence fallacy to justify the ban "I find it hard to believe you arrested that many people for shooting each other or breaking into bases." I'm not required to record my gameplay, but he is. It is his responsibility to gather evidence according to staff rules not mine. I think his effort was subpar and a further indication of incompetence. If you check logs, I arrested 13 people, and only 3 made a report. And for some odd reason, he doesn't include ANY gunfire logs. Not only that but he says "3. You never mentioned anything about laws that the Mayor can put in place that allows you to arrest people" when he didn't even ask me why I arrested those other people. And no offense to dmoney, but I admitted to a single RDA for admin attention. NOT THIRTEEN COUNTS, so there is no obvious evidence. This especially when the logical is objectively flawed...

Anyways I hope higher ups can speak with Danny.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Confused 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
ACCEPTED
Thank you for your report. After a careful review by our Management Team, we have determined that while Danny The Dog did not blatantly break staff rules or violate procedure, he could have handled this situation very differently. Danny's way of explaining to these people what they did was lackluster, and on one of them, somewhat disrespectful; Danny's actions could have been much more professional, as he represents not only the staff team, but also the administration team. 

The Management Team will speak with Danny about this situation, and explore ways that these situations can be handled more professionally in the future. 
The players who were banned for mass RDM as per the /me commands will be updated to 1 week for "unintentional mass RDM," which better suits the conditions upon which their bans were issued.

Thank you once more for your report, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

• Like 1